The Importance Of Decarboxylation In Edible Making

You may understand the process' but I understand the math.  You can't have something degrade under the same conditions of storage moreso than something else.  If you think the CBN increases that much in an oil than it must moreso in a bud stored in lesser conditions.  Please understand the concept I am talking about and I don't have to read up on all that stuff you want me to learn to leave you alone.  I don't think your an donkey I think your lying to yourself to be right.

Answer me this.  Why would a bud not degrade moreso in an airtight container with air in it than an oil in a vial with no air or light?  You see if it was the case that GG oil was having that increased potency because of degradation to CBN than buds should degrade even faster and your 2-8 week old buds would have more CBN than her oil.  It shows on the decarb graph that decarbing isn't even taking place at the temps used to make an iso extract.  So how could those temps even increase the CBN levels in the first place if they aren't even achieving the temps needed to drive the COH off to hit THC from THCA first?

Scientists hate what your doing.  The study for decarb isn't designed to help you in what is happening with GG oil as it doesn't say ANYTHING abuot natural decarb process'  It isn't represented on the graph.  We could gleem further info by adding in the degradation chart on oil hash and buds but we still wouldn't be there.  Nothing but a study designed to test GG oil will tell what's happening but you want to win just by throwing a couple papers up that aren't designed to tell exactly what is happening in this situation.  Just because you display the most "science" doesn't mean you are right, it doesn't mean anything unless it's a study to show degradation(which is what your arguing is happening at an increased rate in oil) and even then it's not 100% proof.

Not worth my time anymore.  You can't answer my questions, you provide no specifics and talk in generalities, won't accept data from testing facilities, won't tell me where you would accept data from so we could see what is actually happening and get quantification for increases in degradation to CBN or natural decarbing taking place over the 2 to 8 week period. And you seem to have no answer as to why a bud wouldn't also see the same or more of an increase in CBN over the same time period stored under lesser conditions.  And since degradation from THCA to CBN is a two step process and we didn't even see temps that would start the decarbing process according to your graph, I don't see how you could get past the decarb and degrade before the time allowed or the temps needed to speed it up that much.  Unless your thinking that THCA and CBDA will degrade to CBN before loosing the water and carbon.  but I wouldn't know because you didn't say that.

If I find myself wrong I'll gladly come back and admit it as I have no problem with that.  But at this point you've given me no reason to believe what your saying is happening and from your dodging the questions I feel that your purposefully doing it because you have no answer and see the conundrum in your theory. 

As I make my oil from the template GG gave I'm sure I can do the tests myself and even though you may not take the results as they can be 20+- I shall if I see a consistent decarbing over weeks and no significant raise in CBN.  Even if the tests are off they should synch up if they are consistent.

No offense.  I'm sure we'd have a great time talking over a beer about other stuff.  But when it comes to my ability to come up with a treatment it has to make sense to me and not come from someone who won't accept testing and I don't know where they get their theories from unless they can provide quantification not just "CBN increases from day 1 and increases with heat".  I can find out on my own.

Have a nice day.

Some day GG you will simply come to the realization that i know everything you could possibly know around the topic of marijuana and much much more...

Thanks for the insults so i dont feel guilty just saying it to you finally.

knowing The path walking The path (2)

In all actuality, science is only a best guess based upon systematic observations :P

Now I will bid you good bye and take a ride on my broomstick for a while, the witch that I am needs a bit of a break

witch broom

Ah, but I cannot forget my fuel 

QWISO hash winterized 4 2 14 020

QWISO winterized 4 strains mixed 4 2 14 036

-  back to walking the path  -  or shall I say flying . . . Ta, ta

Okay then,thanks for the answer! What a great bunch of folks here! Very entertaining.

Some answer questions and some are here for a popularity contest. You can find the answer to every decarb question you could possible think of at the link provided if you choose to take the time to read.

Really, so do small bubbles appear when you add a couple drops of water to finish and heat to below 250f(around 170) and how long will it take undecarbed oil to naturally decarb?  Couldn't find those answers there.  And if the graph for the 170f temp went beyond an hour it would help.  Did you find those answers there?  If you could show me where the answers are I'd appreciate it.

Really, so do small bubbles appear when you add a couple drops of water to finish and heat to below 250f(around 170) and how long will it take undecarbed oil to naturally decarb?  Couldn't find those answers there.  And if the graph for the 170f temp went beyond an hour it would help.  Did you find those answers there?  If you could show me where the answers are I'd appreciate it.

What is the practical application of your question?

assuming the oil was produced with properly dried/cured flowers it is already decarb'd. The flowers began their decarb the day they were cut. aged bud will eventually cause a more tiring effect.

In the 70's book Trash to Stash decarbing is a way to make fresh harvests stone a user, without taking the time to dry it naturally. yuck !  Heated cannabis tastes like chit, unless its inhaled immediately. Heated cannabis makes oil that tastes like heated cannabis in my opinion. I never heat it, until I'm ready to use it of course.

The most common problem with 'non decarb' would be if you ate fresh buds. Yet, some patients will testify that they do get medical benefits from totally undecarbed cannabis. Medical benefits from cannabis change as the decarb process goes on. Practical questions should include the intended usage to get a comprehensive answer.

What is the practical application of your question?

Hahaha.  I thought it was everything you wanted to know.  Do you even know what we're talking about?

Whether or not the small bubbles at 170 are from decarb or from the water boiling off.  And to know how long an oil takes to decarb.  You see, they say that it's easy to tell if an oil is decarbing because of the small bubbles at 250f.  Small bubbles also appear at below 200 when adding 6 drops of water to finish it off.  I was wondering if the small bubbles are a sign of decarbing at that low a temp or the drops of water added to purge the rest of the solvent.

If you don't know the question it makes it hard to have this conversation.

Edited by Norby

Hahaha.  I thought it was everything you wanted to know.  Do you even know what we're talking about?

Whether or not the small bubbles at 170 are from decarb or from the water boiling off.  And to know how long an oil takes to decarb.  You see, they say that it's easy to tell if an oil is decarbing because of the small bubbles at 250f.  Small bubbles also appear at below 200 when adding 6 drops of water to finish it off.  I was wondering if the small bubbles are a sign of decarbing at that low a temp or the drops of water added to purge the rest of the solvent.

What is the practical application of your question? Start there and you will find the practical answer to your question. Questions designed to further an arguement really have no practical answer and are a waste of time.