The Importance Of Decarboxylation In Edible Making

I use the contained ISO2 extractor machine for about 18 hours. The plant material will have an appearance like straw when you are done. I had an 'old hand' advise me to do it that way when I first started making extracts. You have to winterize if you want a smooth hit.

Great product. Easy as making coffee. The ISO2 gives you a full fluid extract just like the pharmaceutical houses produced before cannabis prohibition.

The heat and pressure in the ISO2 decarboxylates as it extracts. You can also reclaim your solvent after the extraction. I've been told you can do petroleum ether extractions in it in addition to alcohol.

There is an identical product being marketed now as the Super Flower Tower. Everything is interchangeable with the old ISO2's if you need any replacement parts.

vintage-thai-power-iso-2-herb-extractor-          super-flower-tower-sm.jpg

Liquid CO2 und von Super Critical Fluid Extraction seems the way to go nowadays in all honesty.  Safer, cleaner... all the other good stuff. :-)

super critical extraction is definitely not safe. special permits, reinforced extraction room, etc are required for the intense pressures and heat needed to operate. Scarcely available.

I can speak of the dangers of operating a Tamisium extractor as little to none. A totally contained system with no hissing or odors, no loss of solvent, total recoup every time, no excessive temps, pressures are gauged and low,lab grade, vacuum chamber inclusive, ANY solvent can be used depending upon polarity of targeted extraction. Results are repeatable after years of use with no repairs needed. The device is able to extract oil from a brand new solvent washed ball bearing, or separate the delicate hydrosols of the gardenia flower for perfumes. One hour of instructional reading, a trip to the store, and voila!

They can be a little tricky if you don't have a coach. But that's not a problem for anyone here. I've made all the mistakes and can show you how to avoid them. They work as a still too, distilling your solvent to as close to 100% as it can get, before you use it for extraction.

I've had one since about 1975 or so. I'm thinking about making a glycerite in it sometime soon. I don't know why I haven't thought of it before.

I've had one since about 1975 or so. I'm thinking about making a glycerite in it sometime soon. I don't know why I haven't thought of it before.

Glycerin will extract the following - sugars, enzymes (dilute), glucosides, bitter compounds, saponins (dilute), and tannins

Alcohol will extract the following - alkaloids (some), glycosides, volatile oils, waxes, resins, fats, some tannins, balsam, sugars, and vitamins.

Extremely important.

This is 100% naturally decarbed oil, completely organic. Took 3 months sitting as oil to decarb naturally, no heat whatsoever. This oil has made me reevaluate everything. Like testing, claiming potency. This is the most potent oil I have ever had. It by far takes the longest for it to go through the body.

Running tests now to narrow it down to how long it takes to naturally decarb. This stuff is incredible. I have to get it 100% figured out. By far my favorite concentrate.

ND Sap 7 28 14 023