Dr Greenthumb-The Dope

Dr Gruber

Hello again,

This run is Doc's The Dope. From what I heard about it, it was years in the making before Doc released it. His site says it is "perhaps our most potent strain yet" so this should be a good one.

Same as usual....start in cups, then 1 gal pots and finish in 5 gal lowes buckets.

Pro mix soil

Jacks Classic nutes

1400 watts Vertical HPS for flower

Any questions fire away...............

gallery_13816_447_367847.jpg

gallery_13816_447_1320194.jpg

gallery_13816_447_410854.jpg

gallery_13816_447_870078.jpg

From paper towel to cracking the dirt was about 48 hours.

• 3 weeks later...

If that started after transplanting, fertilizer sensitivity would be my guess. Also overwatering right after transplanting seems to mess with nutrient uptake, maybee ph issues or the roots die back because of being soaked too long.

If it started after spraying for bugs, then reaction to spray or residues would be my guess.

I'm not familiar with the strains involved, but afghan indica seems to do this often and for not much reason in my world.

If that started after transplanting, fertilizer sensitivity would be my guess. Also overwatering right after transplanting seems to mess with nutrient uptake, maybee ph issues or the roots die back because of being soaked too long.

If it started after spraying for bugs, then reaction to spray or residues would be my guess.

I'm not familiar with the strains involved, but afghan indica seems to do this often and for not much reason in my world.

Thanks...gives me something to think about.

Jack herer gave me those crunchy leaves until I started making my own dirt with added dolomite lime added, never saw it again. About the same time I also gave up on one of my favorite flavors because of a suspected virus infection. It turns out all my problems were ph related, even though they expressed themselves differently in each plant.

It looks like a Mg deficiency to me... i have had this problem before on older growth with brown bumpy spots and yellowing of tips on new growth... i would recommend a foliar application of CalMag I believe I used 5 mL per liter dilution for foliar and then supllemented with 10 mL per 2 Liters every watering but I also use RO h2o

in the beginning i was a cheap chap and used epsom salts to supplement Mg and it worked just fine at a ratio of 2 tsps / 2 L ( 1/2 gal) but at that time I still used well water and while my water is great to drink it is way to high ppm of minerals to start with

hope it helps i am by no means a ganja guru

peace

Jack herer gave me those crunchy leaves until I started making my own dirt with added dolomite lime added, never saw it again. About the same time I also gave up on one of my favorite flavors because of a suspected virus infection. It turns out all my problems were ph related, even though they expressed themselves differently in each plant.

Veru interesting info. The plant that has the crunchy leaves is the one I didnt add any dolomite lime to as an experiment......wont do that again. Also, it good to know that Ph problems can look different in each plant....

My tap water PH has been fluctuating recently...as low as 5.8. When i checked the run off of these it was a steady 5.8 in pro mix soil. I flushed with PH 6.4(nute levels were high also) and i hope they respond.

Thanks!!!

It looks like a Mg deficiency to me... i have had this problem before on older growth with brown bumpy spots and yellowing of tips on new growth... i would recommend a foliar application of CalMag I believe I used 5 mL per liter dilution for foliar and then supllemented with 10 mL per 2 Liters every watering but I also use RO h2o

in the beginning i was a cheap chap and used epsom salts to supplement Mg and it worked just fine at a ratio of 2 tsps / 2 L ( 1/2 gal) but at that time I still used well water and while my water is great to drink it is way to high ppm of minerals to start with

hope it helps i am by no means a ganja guru

peace

Thats what i was thinkin....PH lockout causing Calmg def???

I have given them some calmg and they are starting to look better.....going to check on them now.

Thank you guys....I posted this on another site last week and got zero responses....thanks!!!

HOLA DOC !!!!

Glad to see your doing another grow log with DR Greenthumb gear, Im really looking forward to hear what u think of this stuff. I found it wasnt for me, yielded well and i had friends who LOVED it but not for me. Dose your plants with some kinda cal/mag supplement and they will be fine. Im so glad to see youre in promix bro lol, now if i could just talk you into using a plant food like house and graden or canna or even the right AN products. That said most nute companies need a cal/mag boost..watchem during the stretch they will eat cal/mag up then as well. Two table spoons of lime per gallon of promix SHOULD solve the entire problem with most strains but im sure u know that =). How are u going to grow them ? Toppem uncle ben style ?

Peace LilMan

HOLA DOC !!!!

Glad to see your doing another grow log with DR Greenthumb gear, Im really looking forward to hear what u think of this stuff. I found it wasnt for me, yielded well and i had friends who LOVED it but not for me. Dose your plants with some kinda cal/mag supplement and they will be fine. Im so glad to see youre in promix bro lol, now if i could just talk you into using a plant food like house and graden or canna or even the right AN products. That said most nute companies need a cal/mag boost..watchem during the stretch they will eat cal/mag up then as well. Two table spoons of lime per gallon of promix SHOULD solve the entire problem with most strains but im sure u know that =). How are u going to grow them ? Toppem uncle ben style ?

Peace LilMan

Hey Lilman,

Good to hear from you.:rolleyes:

I gave them Calmg but still not sure if it fixed them yet. And i also put in lime as well..not as much as you recommend so next time i will up the dose.

As for the products you mentioned......dont want to start a fight with everyone but... i just dont buy snake oil.

After reading actual scientific reports...things like AN dont actually have what they say they do where a product like Jacks Classic does.Thats right..AN lied on the gaurunteed analysis. Ive also read a number of reports form horticulturists and botanists which say they same thing.

A plant needs what a plant needs and you cant boost the P or K to those levels and expect the plant to perform better. You just get more leaf drop.

I admit that i didnt figure that out myself...I got it from Uncle Ben and then went on from there.

And...speaking of UB...no i wont top this time around. I want to see what they do on there own and then decide for the next run.

Hey Doc,

I suspect the plants will stabalize as they grow, I have had similar leaf problems that seem to go away with proper PH water & time. I can't wait for your smoke report, as this is one I am likely to try. I can't say anything negative about Jacks Classic, It's what I started using (Peters Professional) back in the early 80's. It seems to have everything needed to maximize the THC levels in Cannabis. I have had several people tell me that plants grown only with this fertilizer were the best meds they have ever had.

Hey Lilman,

Good to hear from you.:rolleyes:

I gave them Calmg but still not sure if it fixed them yet. And i also put in lime as well..not as much as you recommend so next time i will up the dose.

As for the products you mentioned......dont want to start a fight with everyone but... i just dont buy snake oil.

After reading actual scientific reports...things like AN dont actually have what they say they do where a product like Jacks Classic does.Thats right..AN lied on the gaurunteed analysis. Ive also read a number of reports form horticulturists and botanists which say they same thing.

A plant needs what a plant needs and you cant boost the P or K to those levels and expect the plant to perform better. You just get more leaf drop.

I admit that i didnt figure that out myself...I got it from Uncle Ben and then went on from there.

And...speaking of UB...no i wont top this time around. I want to see what they do on there own and then decide for the next run.

If your happy doc Im happy..Im not a fan of AN by any means, I grew with AN for about a decade then switched to House and Garden about 2 years ago. Its cheaper and grows all the docs strains really well and ive never had any kinda deficiency with it which is far more then what i can say for AN. Big bud is the only AN product i buy, Ive done more then a few side by sides with big bud and every time i get more weight with big bud..I use a very small dose the first 4 weeks of flower so a package lasts forever. Good to hear you dosed them with cal mag, Im sure they will turn around and start looking healthy. I think one of the biggest advantages of UBs method besides yield is it shortens the stretch quite a bit so it it gives you the chance to veg them a little longer which brings us back to the bigger yield....if that makes sense lol.

Gooooood Times !!!!

Te LilMan

Hey Doc,

I suspect the plants will stabalize as they grow, I have had similar leaf problems that seem to go away with proper PH water & time. I can't wait for your smoke report, as this is one I am likely to try. I can't say anything negative about Jacks Classic, It's what I started using (Peters Professional) back in the early 80's. It seems to have everything needed to maximize the THC levels in Cannabis. I have had several people tell me that plants grown only with this fertilizer were the best meds they have ever had.

Thanks Mike...jacks does seem really good...do you still use it?

If your happy doc Im happy..Im not a fan of AN by any means, I grew with AN for about a decade then switched to House and Garden about 2 years ago. Its cheaper and grows all the docs strains really well and ive never had any kinda deficiency with it which is far more then what i can say for AN. Big bud is the only AN product i buy, Ive done more then a few side by sides with big bud and every time i get more weight with big bud..I use a very small dose the first 4 weeks of flower so a package lasts forever. Good to hear you dosed them with cal mag, Im sure they will turn around and start looking healthy. I think one of the biggest advantages of UBs method besides yield is it shortens the stretch quite a bit so it it gives you the chance to veg them a little longer which brings us back to the bigger yield....if that makes sense lol.

Gooooood Times !!!!

Te LilMan

Hey Lilman....i hope i didnt sound like a jerk in my last post. I didnt mean it to sound that way but when i looked back at it i realized it could come off that way.

Never heard of the House and Garden....will look into it.

I could sure have used UB's method for one of my Oh Zones...she stretched out like crazy.

Thanks Mike...jacks does seem really good...do you still use it?

I have one fully organic grow which uses only General Organics, and my other grow I use an assortment of things, normaly supplemented with a 1/4 tsp per gallon of Jacks. I add either the general purpose or the blossom booster to whatever I am using. Sometimes the nutrient level is a bit high, but since most of my plants are in soil they do well with only minor tip burn from time to time. I plan on trying some DWC using Jacks in the near future, and I may start a small journal on this. Currently I grow mostly in Pro-mix Organic, but in my non-organic rooms I will use a variety of soils. You can see some of my plants in my gallery albums, I lost most of my pics that were posted when the board went down, but I have been slowly adding them back.

I have one fully organic grow which uses only General Organics, and my other grow I use an assortment of things, normaly supplemented with a 1/4 tsp per gallon of Jacks. I add either the general purpose or the blossom booster to whatever I am using. Sometimes the nutrient level is a bit high, but since most of my plants are in soil they do well with only minor tip burn from time to time. I plan on trying some DWC using Jacks in the near future, and I may start a small journal on this. Currently I grow mostly in Pro-mix Organic, but in my non-organic rooms I will use a variety of soils. You can see some of my plants in my gallery albums, I lost most of my pics that were posted when the board went down, but I have been slowly adding them back.

i will check them out.

Hey Doc do u remember how much your g-13s stretched ? and would u say its more potent then the Iranian G13 cross ? Sorry to alter course a bit but Im getting to the point i need to start planning them out. I put three G-13 and one chemdawg seed in a glass of water over night to start the process and broke soil and have dropped their seed hulls in less then 36 hours. Four outa four again..I know you will read this..THANX Dr Greenthumb!!. They are changing the laws in Canada..more then 6 plants and you go to jail for a year..Mandatory sentence ! So growing large plants will be the only way now..what a pain in the donkey. They have a majority government and its going to pass..its a huge step back for our country but its going to happen. Then they will privatize the jails and fill them full of passive pot smokers..and the rich get richer

Peace LM

Hey Doc do u remember how much your g-13s stretched ? and would u say its more potent then the Iranian G13 cross ? Sorry to alter course a bit but Im getting to the point i need to start planning them out. I put three G-13 and one chemdawg seed in a glass of water over night to start the process and broke soil and have dropped their seed hulls in less then 36 hours. Four outa four again..I know you will read this..THANX Dr Greenthumb!!. They are changing the laws in Canada..more then 6 plants and you go to jail for a year..Mandatory sentence ! So growing large plants will be the only way now..what a pain in the donkey. They have a majority government and its going to pass..its a huge step back for our country but its going to happen. Then they will privatize the jails and fill them full of passive pot smokers..and the rich get richer

Peace LM

Yep,,,just like in the States.

My G13 didnt stretch much at all. Very tight node spacing...big and bushy.

I only had 1 Iranian g13 and compared to it, the G13 was much stronger..but i dont think i had the best showing of the Iranian G13, so who knows.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

You may have noticed that my journals aren’t up to my old standards as of late, not as much detail and I usually only post up a few words and a picture. Not only that, but my garden has been suffering as well due to all the distractions in my life.

I have been dealing with a lot of personal/health issues with my family and I just haven’t had the time or energy to keep my end of the bargain …so I’m going to take a break from journaling for awhile. That means I will not be finishing up the Dope journal and the OH Zone journal will be put on hold for a while also.

I’m going to take a month or two and focus on my family and getting my garden back on track, and not worry about writing everything down, taking pictures, posting every week, and answering PM’s.

I emailed Doc about it and he was very understanding and told me to take my time and let him know when I was ready to come back. If he didn’t have that attitude, I would have had to continue my journals even though my heart and energy are not in it right now.

It was such a relief to have Doc be cool about it and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my back…Thanks Doc!

I want my journals to get better and better each time I do one and as of late, I feel like I’m going backwards…so it time to take a break. I realized after making this decision that I have had a journal running for 2 years straight and I need a little breather.

I will still lurk around and check in from time to time and I will post up a final report on the OH Zone when the 3rd plant finishes and they all dry and cure up, but it will be a month or so before I do that.

I may also give a brief report on The Dope in a couple months when it’s finished but I won’t be doing weekly reports for a while.

Thanks to everyone who has followed any of my journals and please accept my apology for leaving things un-finished.

I will be back!