Cloning On Plant

The last couple months i have been experimenting with cloning on plant.It works great with a little patience.It takes close to a month to transplant but you have a very large plant when ready so it makes up for the time waited compared to conventional cloning.In my mind this only counts for one plant until chopped from mother.Any opinions on that are welcome.I was wondering if anyone else has been doing this or was curious about it thats why I started this discussion.Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks Jvk420

explain how it works for me

The first time I did it I used root plugs.I sliced it in half with a razor blade and put a small amount of root gel in it.then i found a nice branch cut 2 nodes off and stripped bark around it.then i placed prepped plug on it wrapped it with plastic,moistened plug with weak solution of rhizotonic/kelp mixture, sealed the end then stabbed a few holes in plastic with razor, 3 weeks later roots like crazy.I translanted it and its doing great.the nice thing about is it never stopped growing so i was able to have a 15" plant ready to rock.This time I changed the method slightly,I used a small clear plastic cup slit down the side with hole in bottom for main stem to fit through.Placeed it over stem taped it filled with sunshine mix,wetted it with same solution.THe reson for the change was for ease of transplanting.I had to be a little ruff on roots removing plastic from plug.I think the cup idea will be more gentle.I also wrapped cup with panda film for darkness in root area(since I have small peices laying around).the reason I chose clear cup was to be able to see roots without digging in delicate root area.

This process still has to be checked with a lawyer. I had been meaning to ask Matt Abel.

Air cloning is cloning while it is still on a potted plant.

with laws against "manufacturing marijuana" and not 'is it a plant or not' - that means the LEO can look at your intent to manufacture a marijuana plant. If you consider each air clone can be 1 count of manufacturing or cultivation of a plant - you have to be within your plant count.

I have to disagree with air cloning until a heavy weight lawyer reviews this method. Each time you attempt to create a plant - a seed stuck in wet papertowel, a cutting stuck in a cube, or a plant with several bags of soil and cloner stuck on it. - it is a clear case of manufacturing.

At best, air cloning has muddied the waters for possession, but the intent to manufacture is pretty obvious.

Just be careful.

DN

This process still has to be checked with a lawyer. I had been meaning to ask Matt Abel.

with laws against "manufacturing marijuana" and not 'is it a plant or not' - that means the LEO can look at your intent to manufacture a marijuana plant. If you consider each air clone can be 1 count of manufacturing or cultivation of a plant - you have to be within your plant count.

I have to disagree with air cloning until a heavy weight lawyer reviews this method. Each time you attempt to create a plant - a seed stuck in wet papertowel, a cutting stuck in a cube, or a plant with several bags of soil and cloner stuck on it. - it is a clear case of manufacturing.

At best, air cloning has muddied the waters for possession, but the intent to manufacture is pretty obvious.

Just be careful.

DN

thx for the opinion! I cant disagree with u.They do whatever they want no matter how hard we try to obey the law. But the advantage of larger ready plant is worth the experiment.the plant count comment was just to get opinions on the subject.

Just be careful.

DN

If you do talk to Matt please post his opinion on this forum.or maybe we can get Komorn to post his opinion here. thx

The fact is that even w roots beginning to form -the stem that may (or may not) one day become an independent plant- this possible progeny is still physically connected to the original and thus, one plant! until it is severed and planted separately, it is part of the mother. a lawyer has plenty of logic here to defend this basic horticultural practice of air-layering.

If you do talk to Matt please post his opinion on this forum.or maybe we can get Komorn to post his opinion here. thx

Major kudos if u get both Abel and Komorn on record re this issue. Got to say one thing for DN, he would be a tough prosecutor, willing to spread the spirit of the law pretty thin. Don't want to live in his, or Oakland's, county.

Although the word "plant" is not defined by the MMMA, according to the Michigan Public Health Code, "plant means a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons or a cutting of a marihuana plant that has produced cotyledons." Cotyledons are the round, embryonic leaves that emerge when germinating seeds.

http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-333-7401

This would make it seem that traditional clones, rooted or not, would be considered plants, however with this air-layering technique you are not completely severing the connection between the new clone and the plant it is being taken from. The law does not further define the word "cutting."

The fact is that even w roots beginning to form -the stem that may (or may not) one day become an independent plant- this possible progeny is still physically connected to the original and thus, one plant! until it is severed and planted separately, it is part of the mother. a lawyer has plenty of logic here to defend this basic horticultural practice of air-layering.

I agree with Abe. It is still attached to the mother at a cellular level. Getting all nutrienta and fluids from an undisturbed / uninterrupted vascular system.

If you can draw the "intent" distinction here, why not seeds ?

Except for the way the act was written to exclude seeds & stems etc…