Hi Radiation In Michigan From Japan

This is a high radiation time right now in Michigan, relative to the last six months.

This is what it looks like in the Grand Rapids area real time:

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/net2/Grand%20Rapids-MI-Real-Time-US-Radiation-Monitoring-Graph.aspx

The question becomes who is compiling that data? Where is the measurement being taken? The answers to those and other questions will reveal the veracity of that data. Accepting that data as correct without any knowledge as to how/when/why/where it was collected is just as bad as accepting the government's position on the same type of data on the condition of the atmosphere. That graph is very suspect on its face because a measurement of 300cpm would cause death within hours. If the count was truly that high people would be dropping dead in spades, like flies. There would be no hiding it because people would be disappearing regularly. So what that tells me is that whoever is compiling that data is running a scare campaign for some reason. I don't know their motives but I do know there is no way that data is accurate.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question becomes who is compiling that data? Where is the measurement being taken? The answers to those and other questions will reveal the veracity of that data. Accepting that data as correct without any knowledge as to how/when/why/where it was collected is just as bad as accepting the government's position on the same type of data on the condition of the atmosphere. That graph is very suspect on its face because a measurement of 300cpm would cause death within hours. If the count was truly that high people would be dropping dead in spades, like flies. There would be no hiding it because people would be disappearing regularly. So what that tells me is that whoever is compiling that data is running a scare campaign for some reason. I don't know their motives but I do know there is no way that data is accurate.

Tell you what ..

Just go outside and see how many pine trees are burned at the top.

Here's another link to that graph... note that it's hosted at www.epa.gov...

http://www.epa.gov/radnet00/images/beta-gamma/grandrapids-beta.jpg

Duly noted. Yet one still needs to understand where the data is collected. Collecting the data in the middle of a farmfield is a lot different from collecting it 35000 feet up. Again, please note that exposure to radiation at the high ends as depicted on that graph would kill you very quickly. Exposure to 300cpm is fatal. And I don't mean death in 5 years fatal. That kind of exposure would kill you in 2 days. The whole city would be in the decon ward.

Here's another link to that graph... note that it's hosted at www.epa.gov...

http://www.epa.gov/radnet00/images/beta-gamma/grandrapids-beta.jpg

So is that data gathered at 35,000 feet of altitude? If humans were exposed to the high levels on that graph they would be dead in hours. 300cpm levels would result in death in less than 2 days for most people. As far as I know the population of Grand Rapids is still intact. The point is you cannot present such a graph like that without giving more info unless your goal is trying to scare them. Old style smoke detectors used to be radioactive. What if I broke one open in a house in Detroit and then collected the cpm info right next to it and presented that as collected in downtown Detroit? You see what I mean? Without more info that graph is useless.

Duly noted. Yet one still needs to understand where the data is collected. Collecting the data in the middle of a farmfield is a lot different from collecting it 35000 feet up. Again, please note that exposure to radiation at the high ends as depicted on that graph would kill you very quickly. Exposure to 300cpm is fatal. And I don't mean death in 5 years fatal. That kind of exposure would kill you in 2 days. The whole city would be in the decon ward.

So can you provide better data than from the EPA?

Frankly I don't like to accept government data.

Tell you what ..

Just go outside and see how many pine trees are burned at the top.

Okay, I just did. 3 pines in my yard are 100% healthy. They are short though, maybe 15 feet tall. However there is a whole row of northern pines across the street from me. Maybe 20 or so. They are tall and at full maturity. They are all perfectly healthy. But that doesn't matter because even if they were brown on top that doesn't prove anything without some sort of testing. You cannot assume a causal relationship like that. Do your research. If levels were as high as that graph depicts then we'd all be dead. That graph shows spikes up to about 300cpm on a regular basis. No one would be immune to that. So the only plausible explanation is that the data is collected somewhere that is not accessible to the general population such as at very high altitudes. Again, you cannot grab a graph from somewhere and apply it to your situation at whim without background info on the data collected.

So can you provide better data than from the EPA?

Frankly I don't like to accept government data.

Provide better data than what? That graph? I'm not saying the graph is inaccurate what I am saying is that you don't know where the data comes from. Maybe it monitors near electrical substations. Maybe it monitors radiation in the upper levels of the atmosphere. Maybe it measures John Acres farmfield. Maybe it measures stormwater runoff. Maybe it measures the radioactivity in the filling in my tooth. The point is we don't know and since we don't know you cannot accord a broad swipe of application to the data. You know that and it seems you are trying to scare people for some strange reason.

Provide better data than what? That graph? I'm not saying the graph is inaccurate what I am saying is that you don't know where the data comes from. Maybe it monitors near electrical substations. Maybe it monitors radiation in the upper levels of the atmosphere. Maybe it measures John Acres farmfield. Maybe it measures stormwater runoff. Maybe it measures the radioactivity in the filling in my tooth. The point is we don't know and since we don't know you cannot accord a broad swipe of application to the data. You know that and it seems you are trying to scare people for some strange reason.

I've been seeing a lot of sick people.

I've seen a lot of people suddenly have large increases in their pain.

I've seen nose bleeds, teeth problems, unexplained vomiting and diarrhea and a lot of other things that are symptoms of radiation poisoning.

So much so that I started to look and try to identify what was causing it. It was then I ran into this radiation information.

At this point, there seems to be estimates that seem to range from 1000 dead to the end of mankind. I choose not to act on the end of mankind estimate.

This does seem to be a threat. If so, I have to urge people to exorcize precautions.

Now if you have better information, please present it.

http://www.examiner.com/human-rights-in-national/over-462-trillion-becquerels-fukushima-strontium-pacific-ocean-seafood-risk

Health risk looms as Pacific seafood accumulates radioactive poisoning

After Japanese Prime Minister declared the Fukushima nuclear catastrophe under control Friday, Japan's The Asahi Shimbun newspaper released calculations Monday showing at least 462 trillion becquerels of radioactive strontium have leaked into the Pacific Ocean since Fukushima's No. 1 nuclear power plant catastrophe began, making it one of the world's most severe marine pollution cases in history. According to Greenpeace independent research, Government and retailors are not adequately protecting the public from dangerous radioactive contaminated Pacific seafood, still sold unlabeled in Japan and on the international market, including to the United States due to a secret pact between Secretary Clinton and the Japanese Prime Minister.

Advertisement

"At least 462 trillion becquerels of radioactive strontium have leaked to the Pacific Ocean since the March disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, making it one of the world's most severe such cases of marine pollution, according to calculations by The Asahi Shimbun newspaper.

Because Strontium accumulates in bones and can cause bone cancer and leukemia, health experts have called for extensive surveys on the amount of leaked strontium so measures can be developed to manage the problem.

"Because strontium exists with cesium, and its volume is estimated to be less than 10 percent of that of cesium, few surveys have been done to gauge the volume of strontium in marine life."

The Fisheries Agency is conducting a sampling survey to assess accumulated radioactive materials in marine life.

Reports previously stating that radioactivity in seafood is low are dangerously misleading according to Satoshi Katayama, a professor of marine resources ecology at Tohoku University.

Katayama explained, "Strontium easily accumulates in creatures, even if its concentration level is low."

Last month, Greenpeace's Japan Oceans Campaigner Wakao Hanaoka, took seafood samples from five supermarket chains - Aeon, Ito Yokado, Uny (Apita), Daiei and Seiyu - [DW1] as featured in the first round of research, taking 15 samples from each. Of the 75 samples, radioactive cesium 134 and 137 were detected in 27.

"There was no company whose products were not contaminated," Greenpeace reported.

"Despite being below these limits, the contaminated seafood still represents a health risk, particularly for pregnant women and children, and it is putting those far beyond Fukushima at risk as the seafood is shipped to supermarkets far and wide."

Greenpeace reports that Japan’s seafood is not being labeled so having no idea if it has been screened, consumers are unable to make informed decisions about their seafood purchases.

In August, Deborah Dupré reported that "the US government has deliberately minimized the catastrophe, partially due to a pact Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed with Japan."

"In April, the month after the powerful tsunami and earthquake crippled Japan including its nuclear power plant, 'Hillary Clinton signed a pact with Japan that she agreed there is no problem with Japanese food supply and we will continue to buy them so we are not sampling food coming in from Japan,' according to [Arnie] Gundersen."

Contrary to what the Japanese Prime Minister has declared, the government's Japan Atomic Energy Commission has said it will take over 30 years to decommission the Fukushima reactors.

The Japanese government has been hiding bodies according to Yoichi Shimatzu, former editor of Japan Times last month who also revealed on Rense Radio that government is not reporting number of deaths by nuclear radiation.

Friday, December 16, Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda declared Japan's worst nuclear accident has been brought under control.

I know .. greenpeace .. They seem to be the only ones willing to publish data.

Edited by peanutbutter

WOW.

Not testing food coming from Japan? That is SCARY.

I used to drink Japanese sencha tea 8x a day. I was about to load up the shopping cart with pounds more of the tea when the wife reminded me about Fukushima... glad I put it back on the shelf!!! Really sad situation... thanks pb for keeping us informed.

http://rense.gsradio.net:8080/rense/special/rense_Collins_010912.mp3

Pregnant women should avoid flying.

The radiation is MUCH higher at 30,000 feet. The link above is about readings over the US and some specific readings from SW Michigan.

Edit .. I would add small children to that also. Their bodies are still growing so they are more susceptible to damage from radiation.

Edited by peanutbutter

• 4 months later...

Thursday, May 24, 2012

!MAXIMUM ALERT! Unusual Jet Steam Radioactivity Detected

Unusually high levels of airborne radioactivity have been detected in proximity of the Jet Stream in eastern Colorado on 5/23/12 by a member of the <a href="http://radiationnetwork.com/Message.htm" target="_blank">RADIATION NETWORK. A check of the Jet Stream map indicates that the flow is a veritable freight train coming out Fukushima. Given the unusual nature of the detection and our recent Gamma Spectrometry detection of Barium-140 (see video below), we have labeled this detection a "Maximum Alert".

For the POTRBLOG team the alert means:

1. Running HEPA filters full time,

2. Avoiding air travel any where near the Jet Stream
  3. Staying out of the rain
  4. Avoiding brining rain soaked items into the house

We give a big hat tip to the Radiation Network for noticing the unusual nature of the fallout pattern and reporting it.

http://pissinontheroses.blogspot.com/2012/05/maximum-alert-unusual-jet-steam.html

• 4 weeks later...

Hey PB, did you notice any report of unusually high levels in SW Michigan I think it was last Tuesday? My neighbor follows a couple reporting sites and said levels were above 3000. Not sure of 3000 what, it's just what he said. I should mention being from Benton Harbor, I live beween two nuclear plants. It was kind of an unusual day, becaues after we got in off the big lake from fishing, we noticed a Coast Guard helicopter flying overhead way inland, which is really unusual. When they are up, it's almost over the lake looking for somebody. My neighbor now thinks they were checking radiation levels.

Hey PB, did you notice any report of unusually high levels in SW Michigan I think it was last Tuesday? My neighbor follows a couple reporting sites and said levels were above 3000. Not sure of 3000 what, it's just what he said. I should mention being from Benton Harbor, I live beween two nuclear plants. It was kind of an unusual day, becaues after we got in off the big lake from fishing, we noticed a Coast Guard helicopter flying overhead way inland, which is really unusual. When they are up, it's almost over the lake looking for somebody. My neighbor now thinks they were checking radiation levels.

Giant nuclear cover-up? Explosions, military helicopters filmed near elevated radiation zone at border of Indiana and Michigan

By Ethan A. Huff, June 13 2012

(NaturalNews) June 6, 2012, was a very strange day for northern Indiana and southern Michigan, where a series of strange explosions and a subsequent nuclear radiation spike left local residents combing for answers. And though there are still many missing pieces to the puzzle, it has become clear that some type of nuclear cover-up is taking place in the region, which is further evidenced by numerous eyewitness accounts of intense shaking and loud booms, audio recordings of inexplicable explosions...

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/index_1_1_1.html#ixzz1y5WFabzA

By J. D. Heyes

June 17 - As the fallout - no pun intended - from Japan's tsunami-damaged nuclear reactors at its Fukushima complex continues to worsen, scientists are now concerned about another related phenomenon that appears to be invading the U.S. West Coast - buckyballs. What, exactly..

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/index.html#ixzz1y8VZeKhZ

• 1 month later...

It has been confirmed. The solar activity impacts nuclear materials. The flares accelerate the rate of decay.

That means our reactors will likely break from a solar flare or the combined impact of several flares.

In addition, existing radioactive fall out should emit things like I-131 .. half life of eight days.

Charcoal caps are available over the counter in many drug stores. If you use them, make sure to include water to avoid constipation.

The charcoal I bought has a lot of Iodine in it.

Edited by peanutbutter

I distinctly remember something about humanity going extinct before the last election, too. I cannot remember what it was, however. You think this is going to happen every time now?

Yeah .. politicians bribe the sun to help their election.

Does sunlight cause skin cancer? Of course not .. doctors are just trying to scare us.

Has NASA been warning about this storm for the last ten years? Well yeah .. but they don't know squat. They're just trying to scare us.

There is a collection of flares that will go off. This collection is the storm. It may include many thousands of flares going off.

We are just entering the storm. Forecasters estimate the storm will peek in 2013.

Small things could determine who survives.

Assuming anyone survives, those will likely ALL have cancer.

Edited by peanutbutter