Simpson Oil Vs Bho

I think there might be... I make iso hash, and cook it in the crockpot for a while, which should increase the amount of THC and decrease the amount of other cannabinoids. Butane honey oil is made cold, no heat involved, so no isomerization... maybe it's better for pain/migraines? Does anyyone have any thoughts on this?

I find eating simpson oil and smoking bho to be two completely different expieriences. Simpson oil is a very phsical expierence that emphasizes the body effects and has a lower amount of euphoria than the material used in making the oil

Smoked Bho is like a rocket ship of mental effects with a lot less body effects than the material than went into the bho. I've never eaten any of the bho, so I don't know how it compares as an edible. Smoked Bho is often too strong for me, so I wouldn't give it to anyone who has anything to do for 2-3 hours and isn't very expierenced with smoking strong medicine.

I've never tried the "newer" types of hash, but I have suffered from digestive issues which morphed into a minor form of cancer. I have tried Simpson Oil from two different people from the Farmer's Market and it does wonders to reduce inflamation. I generally get 9 to 12 flareups during the year where anythin I eat causes extreme discomfort and pain. I can be in the misdst of one of these flareups which can last upwards to two weeks and no traditional medicine has worked well for me. I can make some cookies or brownies with the oil and feel better within 24 hours.

So I think it really depends on what type of issue that you are trying to treat; is your issue inflamation or is it extreme pain???

All depends on what strain u use, ISO cooked down on low temps is great for smoking , when you heat it to make it for eats,decarboxylation seems to kill the flavors for smoking,

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.

Here are some important temperatures: At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) vir tually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils.

• 2 weeks later...

What gives you different oils? I always get wax or a very stable oil. Never honey. I vac purge, sometimes heatless fresh with 'tane still in it. Degaussing it with the butane still in it makes it come to life like no other. I'm very happy with what I get every time. Usually 2 to 4 grams of oil per oz of trim/small buds. Small yields but 75 dollar a gram donation for it at clubs is crazy!! I'd love to make enough to bring to the market. Only care for me as of now though.

Oil let's me get a very medicinal dose in only a few tokes through a vape or skillet.

To clarify cristi's post, thca does not get you high, and I dint know that it does anything for you. Bho, cold processed, isn't activated as 50% or more of the thc can still be thca. This will decarboxylate over time but will take a lOng time while the thc will change to cbn.

RSO is already activated, ready to use by smoking, eating, rubbing into skin. Bho still needs heat to fully activate. Cooking, smoking, vaping, where RSo doesn't need it. Not to mention I feel the way I make rso is safer than any Method I have seen for bho.

Edited by CedarSpringsCG

THC is the substance found to have most psychoactive effect, and also the most effect on symptoms such as pain or bronchospasm. CBN and CBD are not psychoactive themselves, however CBD can take the edge off a THC high, tending to relax the user rather than increasing anxiety and paranoia. CBD has also been found to have anticonvulsant properties (potential value in treating epilepsy, MS, muscle spasms etc), and recently published research has indicated CBD to be effective in reducing neurotoxic brain damage following strokes or head trauma. The proposed mechanism of action also suggests CBD may offer some protection against ecstasy-derived neurotoxicity (long-term depletion of serotonergic receptors), although this has not specifically been investigated. CBD is normally present in significant quantities in hashish (cannabis resin), although in most herbal cannabis or "skunk" the levels of CBD are usually low or absent.

Copy paste from

http://www.idmu.co.uk/oldsite/cbd.htm

I've eaten and smoked simpson oil, eating it took a bit to work but after an hour my legs finally stopped aching and my legs were noticable more flexible, walking around at the mall all day after that was not much of an issue where anything over an hour for me can result in extreme pain generally. BHO is a totally different beast, in the best way to describe it I feel like you get the mental effects as well as the physical effects x 10. Its always strong as long as you know how to make it, hence why it takes 28 grams of meds to get roughly 4-5g of bho. I like bho more, but I won't use it in my nail/dome combo unless I'm going to bed, its way too strong to use before a day of work but if you have to do something that generally hurts you and you can get a ride put some eye drops in if you want to be incognito and go do your thing pain free. IMO BHO is one of the most economical and healthier way to ingest medicine. I can make 1 gram of BHO last 2 weeks no problem using it every night until it puts me to sleep, 2 weeks of flowers would probally be roughly 14-20 grams depending on what I had going on which the cost for that is much greater than the cost for 1g of BHO for patients who don't grow/process their meds and the skillet and nail/dome combo vaporize the bho on contact vs you combusting it via direct contact with flame which leads to inhalation of lighter fluid, minor but over time it adds up, and it also take away from the quantity of oh excess combustion of plant material which is most peoples cheif complaint about medical marijuana

I honestly think if you could dose it heavy you can replace vicodin and oxycoton with BHO and medibles

I just received a ol iso2 machine from a friend that got the thing back in the 70's and can't wait to try the thing out. It's still in the same box that he got it in and still has all the paperwork with it which I thought was way cool. After talking about it for a couple minutes we kind of looked at each other and said," god we're old". Well guess we are cuz it was 40 yrs ago that he ordered the thing.

Gonna fire this thhing up in the next week or so and see what it makes. :devil: :devil:

I just received a ol iso2 machine from a friend that got the thing back in the 70's and can't wait to try the thing out. It's still in the same box that he got it in and still has all the paperwork with it which I thought was way cool. After talking about it for a couple minutes we kind of looked at each other and said," god we're old". Well guess we are cuz it was 40 yrs ago that he ordered the thing.

Gonna fire this thhing up in the next week or so and see what it makes. :devil: :devil:

You will love the thing once you get used to running it. I liked it so much I have two now. If you need any pointers I would be happy to help.

Oh heck yeah thanks as I've no clue how to use the thing. Has all the paperwork with it so was gonna read on what needs to be done. I have a friend that owns a farm and was gonna take it out there as I've no clue how bad this things smells when running, so figured we'd take it to the country first and see. That and he has a still and makes his own moonshine so figured that would work pretty good in stead of rubbing ach. But, yeah I could use as many pointers as I can get.

All I know on using it is to grind up the cannabis first and that's about it.

Oh heck yeah thanks as I've no clue how to use the thing. Has all the paperwork with it so was gonna read on what needs to be done. I have a friend that owns a farm and was gonna take it out there as I've no clue how bad this things smells when running, so figured we'd take it to the country first and see. That and he has a still and makes his own moonshine so figured that would work pretty good in stead of rubbing ach. But, yeah I could use as many pointers as I can get.

All I know on using it is to grind up the cannabis first and that's about it.

It doesn't smell at all. A very tiny amount of alcohol vapor escapes out the top vent. My 1980 version has charcoal in that part to neutralize the tiny amount of odor that comes out. These are as safe as making coffee, maybe safer since it only uses a light bulb for heat. lol

Cool he said he didn't remember it smelling but didn't want my niebhors to think I was brewing some crazy crap or something. So would the rubbing ach work or do ya have to use the 99% stuff ? Think moonshine would work too as his stuff is super clean and flat evil ? I'm all ears my friend all ears

Cool he said he didn't remember it smelling but didn't want my niebhors to think I was brewing some crazy crap or something. So would the rubbing ach work or do ya have to use the 99% stuff ? Think moonshine would work too as his stuff is super clean and flat evil ? I'm all ears my friend all ears

You definitely have to use the 99%. They have it at Meijers. I wouldn't use anything else. A solvent with known ingredients makes it 100% certain you can get rid of all of it at the end.

I prefer bho! it can also be used with your mm, I have a special vape just for the oil, and I like to smoke it with mm, my fav way is not grinding a bud, put some oil in the middle of the budd, heat up a paper clip or similar and spread it around in the bud, cut of a peice of bud put in click n vape or any kid of pipe or vape ( it clogs up screens and bowls pretty fast)bho is definatly heavy on my lungs while using, but after about 20 minutes im pain free and breathing good, and looking for a place to rest lol! :rolleyes:

I prefer bho! it can also be used with your mm, I have a special vape just for the oil, and I like to smoke it with mm, my fav way is not grinding a bud, put some oil in the middle of the budd, heat up a paper clip or similar and spread it around in the bud, cut of a peice of bud put in click n vape or any kid of pipe or vape ( it clogs up screens and bowls pretty fast)bho is definatly heavy on my lungs while using, but after about 20 minutes im pain free and breathing good, and looking for a place to rest lol! :rolleyes:

Here's the very best oil vape on the market;

I tell ya what! I have oil, You have access to moonshine, I think we could work something out! that moon shine will be awsome for some tinctures! with the right budds and grain alcohol, you can make a tincture with mostly only thc in 48 hrs, longer if you want the cbd's, a couple drops under your tounge and your good to go! :unsure:

I tell ya what! I have oil, You have access to moonshine, I think we could work something out! that moon shine will be awsome for some tinctures! with the right budds and grain alcohol, you can make a tincture with mostly only thc in 48 hrs, longer if you want the cbd's, a couple drops under your tounge and your good to go! :unsure:

I'll see if I can get a bottle for ya.5th should go a long way for making that.

Ok will hit miejers and grabs some up. How much do i need? several bottles? couple ? Got a tone of trim to use so how much ach should i get for it

Get at least 3 of those 16 ounce bottles to get you started. Dump about 24 ounces in the res and pour a little on the dried and crushed cannabis in the filter basket. Use a coffee filter in the basket.