Simpson Oil Vs Bho

just got 4.6 gs of bho with an oz of my northernjack trim. (nl#5 and jack herer) best yeild i have gotten to date so i had to share! anyone else have a high resin producing strain? going to put up some pics from the harvest see if i can get any oil envy lol. check um out i have no friends on here... yet!

kzoo

*mostly trim.. some small buds tho. couple pics up. i had to purge this batch for what seemed like forever. like 4 or 5 reheats.

any tips on increasing yeilds?

for the bho, after you extract it save it let it dry and do it again! :thumbsu: depending on the size of your extractor you prob are not getting it all the first time, I saved from my last run just for the fun of it, I have a 1 oz extractor, I figured what the hey? got a pretty good amount from the first try, so I decided to do it all again, It was not as good as the first run but works fine, The 1st run thru i was doing about 1/4 lb at a time, so im sure it didnt get it all the first time, I have since made several dif sizes of bho extractors, I find the smaller ones to be the most effective, No I dont save it when I use the small one, lol

Thats a nice batch for 1 oz gonna have to friend ya and check out your pics, nice job! :goodjob:

If you like STRONG,POTENT Oil - Do the ISO and do the rinsing for a good 5 min. to get all the THC out.Then instead of vaping off the ISO,Mix in 1/2 as much water,Yep, H2o.Then take the Petrolem Either you got from the drug store and pour into the mixture and SHAKE like crazy.The mix of ISO and water and Pet Either take all the green out and leave behind ONLY THC OIL,that will float on top of the mix.Skim off the very top and evaporate{Use the Isomerizer} away all the pet either and your left with something that is WAAAAYY too strong for me or anyone I know.I got this Recipe out of an old High Times Magazine and only made it Once.After we got up off the floor after Testing,nobody wanted any more.In those days we couldn't test the THC content.We used a homemade Isomerizer and got about 1 gram of oil from about a pound of trim.Don't just make it without doin some research Please because this method makes incredibly pure oil.My imagination tells me it comes in at about 75% or better.Please be careful!! A little Drop will do ya!

take all the green out and leave behind ONLY THC OIL

Here is the stuff to use, S A 4 activated charcoal takes all the green away

NORIT SA 4 is suitable for a large range of applications such as decolorization and purification of organic and inorganic chemicals and bulk pharmaceuticals. NORIT SA 4 is a steam activated carbon with a high adsorptive capacity suitable for applications in the food industry such as removal of persistent pigments from edible oils when used with bleaching earth. It is also suitable to adsorb mycotoxins from fruit juices. This product meets Food Chemical Codex. ISO 9002 registered.

take all the green out and leave behind ONLY THC OIL

Here is the stuff to use, S A 4 activated charcoal takes all the green away

NORIT SA 4 is suitable for a large range of applications such as decolorization and purification of organic and inorganic chemicals and bulk pharmaceuticals. NORIT SA 4 is a steam activated carbon with a high adsorptive capacity suitable for applications in the food industry such as removal of persistent pigments from edible oils when used with bleaching earth. It is also suitable to adsorb mycotoxins from fruit juices. This product meets Food Chemical Codex. ISO 9002 registered.

How would you use the NORIT SA 4? Can you describe the process?

Hey guys! Greetings from Denver! I am a transplanted Yooper, been in CO for 12 years and just was happily surprised to see all the discussion on concentrates here on the board. I am new to the forum but have been working with MMJ here since 03. We are really seeing a transformation here in the last year or so with concentrates and it has really taken over. I myself go sometimes weeks between hits of flowers. I simply enjoy the lack of smoke and physical signs of being stoned associated with flowers. But dont get me wrong aint nothing like a fatty. (= Anyway if anyone has any questions or if I can be of any help to you guys regarding ear wax, errl, iso, qwiso, solventless wax and honey oil, just holler. I kinda like the bunny muffin! (= Happy new year!

here is my home made filter kit http://i41.tinypic.com/2luuul5.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150589707986

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190599448643

the pump is homemade from a fish pump. sealed with poxy, and tapped i am sure you could find a pump buts thats all i had to work with, the beaker i picked up from a friend, the S A 4 you can get from their web site,

here is my home made filter kit http://i41.tinypic.com/2luuul5.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150589707986

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190599448643

the pump is homemade from a fish pump. sealed with poxy, and tapped i am sure you could find a pump buts thats all i had to work with, the beaker i picked up from a friend, the S A 4 you can get from their web site,

Nice .. trying the charcoal right now.

I bought a vacuum pump but haven't gotten to the brunchner filter/flask yet.

Nice!!

Just add 1/4 or less teaspoon to your green ISO 1.5 pints in a quart jar shake it up, then filter it, I use a home made filter system , But i am sure the un bleached coffee filters will work, you might have to run it thew a couple times, just look at the color change,

1/4 teaspoon of charcoal? That seems like not enough. I'm going with about a 1/2 cup of the charcoal with a 1.5 pints of 100% alcohol, then adding approx. 8 grams of raw ISO cannabis oil.

Edited by Restorium2

1/4 teaspoon of charcoal? That seems like not enough. I'm going with about a 1/2 cup of the charcoal with a 1.5 pints of 100% alcohol, then adding approx. 8 grams of raw ISO cannabis oil.

It depends on the size of the particles of the charcoal. Powder will take much less than chunks. .. surface area ..

Edited by peanutbutter