Asa Is Going After Bill Schuette

Patients, Activists and Affiliates of Michigan—A Message from the ASA

We are building a class to engage in our lawsuit against Attorney General Schuette’s recent position on return of property in medical cannabis cases.

If you or someone you know meets the following criteria, please email Lindsey@safeaccessnow.org or call our legal hotline at 888-929-4367:

Lindsey@safeaccessnow.org

1. Have you had any medical marijuana, paraphernalia or other lawfully possessed property seized by local police in the last year, whether or not you were charged with a crime?

Attorney General Bill Schuette is claiming that the Federal Controlled Substance Act preempts the return of property provision in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act in his Opinion No. 7262. His opinion is being enforced through threats arrest and prosecution to law enforcement if they abide by state law and return seized marijuana, paraphernalia, or legal property used in conjunction with the use of medical marijuana.

Americans for Safe Access believes that the Attorney General’s Opinion No. 7262 is in direct conflict with the 10th Amendment of the United States Constitution, and that litigation is necessary to uphold the return of property provision in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act. Please help us build our class, and save safe access in Michigan!

You can read the opinion from the Attorney General by clicking here.

http://www.ag.state.mi.us/opinion/datafiles/2010s/op10341.htm

Also, if you have not urged your governor to sign onto the DEA rescheduling petition, please do so by clicking here!

http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/182/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=8970

We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Americans for Safe Access

What we need is an organization that will stand up and encourage its members to act in these creative ways that WILL make a difference. Letter writing and drum pounding only goes so far. It's easy for the anti mm people to dismiss us as a few crazies as BS has done. Take real action and sue theshit out of them. That should be the official policy of the mmma and other mm organizations. We need to be encouraging every single wronged person to launch attacks in courtrooms rather than sitting here doing nothing but drum pounding. We need to take action. The civil rights movement was far greater and further reaching than a march on atlanta or a protest in Birmingham. They launched frontal attacks as well as flanked their enemies. Why the hell isn't that happening here? Where is the leadership? Why are't we hitting them from all angles? Why aren't we seeking donations to dedicated funds to help finance the necessary legal battles? Where is the support for people in the trenches? Why aren't rallies planned for court of appeals hearings? The court of appeals has handed us the most blows to the law yet no one in a position of leadership in this movement has planned protests ahead of, or during, ct of app hearings. Why? Why would we not try to influence the outcome at the time decisions are being made? This movement lacks organized leadership. If all of these mm organizations came together and financed lobbying as well as retaining a good law firm and hiring strategists, etc. then we would be well ahead of where we are today. Let's face it our battle is a political campaign so why aren't we treating it as such and hiring the guns like other political campaigns do? Don't get me wrong, drum pounding is good but we need real action as well.

every single wronged person to launch attacks in courtrooms this is right we need to fill the court rooms and it's hard to get people their @8;30AM i hope to get over 200 people to are case i hope they will come for us and the MMMA

Also, if you have not urged your governor to sign onto the DEA rescheduling petition, please do so by clicking here

I did that, everyone should also

rescheduling petition am not sure if thats a good idea when i got the Email i did the same thing and even call the Governor and ask if he could support it but now i don't think it's good because i don't want to get my Meds from CVS and when J. Cooper supports it i don't think it's good for us or the MMMA

This movement lacks organized leadership. If all of these mm organizations came together and financed lobbying as well as retaining a good law firm and hiring strategists, etc. then we would be well ahead of where we are today. Let's face it our battle is a political campaign so why aren't we treating it as such and hiring the guns like other political campaigns do? Don't get me wrong, drum pounding is good but we need real action as well.

I believe part of the problem is the fact that many of our people are too poor or sick to fight the legal system.

Like classic schoolyard bullies they pick on the weakest segment of society. Those who have had their bodies and bank accounts ravaged by illness.

Easy pickings for the gangsters that control our government.

bully_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800

I believe part of the problem is the fact that many of our people are too poor or sick to fight the legal system.

Like classic schoolyard bullies they pick on the weakest segment of society. Those who have had their bodies and bank accounts ravaged by illness.

Easy pickings for the gangsters that control our government.

it was good to meet you last night and thanks for saying Hello

i think they call it low hanging fruit

I'll be there brother. Just be sure to announce the time/day. Speaking of which why don't we have a dedicated pinned thread or better yet not even a thread to comment on but instead just a calendar posted here somewhere where people can post their court dates? That would make it so much easier on people because they wouldn't have to search through threads to get dates. Got a day of work and want to show up then consult the calendar....you get the idea. If this organization won't do it someone with computer savvy (not me unfortunately but I'll donate to someone willing) needs to start a site that is a true advocacy site to help in this regard.

Thanks for your support

Peace From The Front

I'll be there brother. Just be sure to announce the time/day. Speaking of which why don't we have a dedicated pinned thread or better yet not even a thread to comment on but instead just a calendar posted here somewhere where people can post their court dates? That would make it so much easier on people because they wouldn't have to search through threads to get dates. Got a day of work and want to show up then consult the calendar....you get the idea. If this organization won't do it someone with computer savvy (not me unfortunately but I'll donate to someone willing) needs to start a site that is a true advocacy site to help in this regard.

When we got raided i felt like i had a chip on my shoulder then after a year went by i had a rock on it and after 2 years i had a bolder on it now at all most 3 years i feel like it's a mountain

Also, if you have not urged your governor to sign onto the DEA rescheduling petition, please do so by clicking here

I did that, everyone should also

The problem with rescheduling is if it gets rescheduled is we will half to get it from a pharmacy I dont want that I would rather grow my own.If any thing take marijuana right off of the drug list period.

The problem with rescheduling is if it gets rescheduled is we will half to get it from a pharmacy I dont want that I would rather grow my own.If any thing take marijuana right off of the drug list period.

The MMM Act that was voted into law that gave patients and / or their care giver the right to grow for themselves would still stand.

A change at the 'federal level' regarding 'rescheduling' of MJ would mean the politicians that are trying to distroy the MMM Act at the state level (Michigan, etc.) would no longer be able to call on ' federal law' to help them in that process.

Yes, it would mean some changes might be coming along with the 'rescheduling' of MJ, but I believe the people of Michigan are smart enough to make sound decisions about MJ, just as they did when they voted for the MMM Act.

True to a certain extent. Rescheduling is definitely in our best interests. However, with rescheduling would come the same regulation that exists for sched 2 drugs. That would mean we would still be violating fed law by using and distributing outside of those regulations. In many cases the penalty would stand to be worse in terms of years in prison if convicted. So the battle would go on with the feds the same as it is now. We don't need rescheduling as much as we need a supreme court ruling telling the feds to stay out because mm is a states' right issue.

Or simply an order from the person in charge.

600,000 i agree wont happen but at least he will take note on the recall so do sign it also take 400.000 to get MJ legal here in Mich AND 150.000 I think to amend the MMMA

some people feel like it's all or bust for Nov 2012 i don't i think we should try and keep what we do have for now IMO

I never saw any feedback on the other thread... if it is possible to use an initiative to expel Schuette from office. 260,000 signatures would be much faster to attain than 800,000.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35881-dont-recall-schuette/page__view__findpost__p__344439

I never saw any feedback on the other thread... if it is possible to use an initiative to expel Schuette from office. 260,000 signatures would be much faster to attain than 800,000.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/35881-dont-recall-schuette/page__view__findpost__p__344439

I'm not sure you could expel him but I'll bet we could come up with an initiative to tie his hands and make MMJ hands off, I'm sure the voters would approve it by a landslide. It would have to be worded right but it would be a done deal! Maybe like "Would you vote to stop AG Bill Schuette from wasting tax payers money trying to stop the Medical Marijuana Law" I'll bet it would pass by 75% alot of voters are aware of his misuse of office and the waste of tax payers dollars on something so low priority when a lot of the major crime goes unchecked by are AG.

Given the recent anti-politician fervor in this country, something crazy like exiling him from Michigan might just work. It's satisfying, fun, and funny enough to get the attention of those who don't often vote, and effective enough for the serious voters who do. I imagine he can't be recalled via an initiative, otherwise those recalling Snyder would've done so.

Maybe we need two ballot initiatives.

The first is simply a declaration: "X = 438923857483987573278427".

The second is an amendment to the recall process: "If X = 438923857483987573278427", a recall is initiated and the office immediately vacated.

We should be able to amend the recall process......

Archived