Federal Probation And Growing

Gamecock

About fifteen months ago I was arrested and charged federally for growing, conspiracy to grow and traffic down south. My case has still not gone to trial and we have not even gotten to the plea deal stage. Ideally I will get a plea deal for a reduced plant count in order to remove me from the mandatory minimum threshold I am currently facing and end up on federal probation. If I am on probation and not at club Fed I would like to move to MI and get a permit to grow for myself. I noticed on the state application it doesn't ask if you are on probation or have been convicted of a felony when requesting a personal medical license NOT a caregiver license. Does anyone know if the state of MI checks with the Feds or do they just check MI state records? Would the state deny my application because I am on Federal Probation? Thanks

You may grow for yourself regardless of your record as long as you qualify for a card and registrar . The key is the residency issue so far I am not sure of anyone being rejected but they speak of time min time frames . That is where you need to research how long you must be here to be considerred a resdient . . I would get my Dr.s recommendation as soon as you arrived and had a local address if you came here and work from there .

You will need prior treatment notes at most Doctors so organize what you can before you move .

Read through the pages here .

http://www.michigan....1869---,00.html

Thanks for your reply croppled1...if I catch a break and end up on probation and not jail then my girl and I plan on flying into Ann Arbor to get a feel for the city, look for a house and maybe establish a relationship with an attorney. My thought was to get a MI ID card, set up a po box, then visit a physician for a recommendation. Ideally, my application would be getting processed and approved while we are back south packing up. Does this sound feasible? I have never needed or owned a winter coat. Is this gonna be a problem!? JK

You better talk to a attorney . I am just a patient . I guess I was thinking it didn't matter if you were a felon which is a different topic . Someone just told me on Federal Probation they own you and can walk in on your living situation at anytime . I believe you have to be a resident to be in process though not for the recommendation . I wonder if there might be a Doctor certified in Michigan also around your area same with a attorney one who is licensed in both States . That happens allot with Florida . Your also not the first person from your area in that situation . Eventually things have to get better . Maybe call into the radio show tonight and ask . I really am sorry if I gave you false hope and bad information . All of us must remember we have to check and verify everything ourselves because the penalties are so high . I would ask your PO as ultimitely thats who would violate you . Good luck to you .

This is a good talk radio show and a attorney hosts it . You might make some good contacts from those involved . They try to help others and are more capable then myself . .

http://planetgreentrees.ning.com/

Thanks for all yalls insight. I would definitely not ask my future probation officer. I think it is often better to ask for forgiveness than permission. My girl is a pharmacist so growing at home is off limits. If she lost her license because of me I would never forgive myself. Ideally I would get a small commercial space for the 12 plant grow, stay out of trouble and no one would be any wiser. My concern would be local or state leo would come by and even though I am legal, some how find out I am on Federal Probation and tip off the feds. However, since it is federally illegal in the first place I cant imagine it would go that way. Looks like I need to lawyer up now.

Thanks for your reply croppled1...if I catch a break and end up on probation and not jail then my girl and I plan on flying into Ann Arbor to get a feel for the city, look for a house and maybe establish a relationship with an attorney. My thought was to get a MI ID card, set up a po box, then visit a physician for a recommendation. Ideally, my application would be getting processed and approved while we are back south packing up. Does this sound feasible? I have never needed or owned a winter coat. Is this gonna be a problem!? JK

This is what my plans were although i found it a lil harder than i thought. To get an ID you need proof of residency and to get a PO box you need a MI ID so I went to the dr. appt, got my recomendation, came back home and had back surgery and am now legal and about to move to MI and will be ready to grow. Our stories sound very similar gamecock...and im in the land of the gamecocks too man...darn this state sux!

Thanks for all yalls insight. I would definitely not ask my future probation officer. I think it is often better to ask for forgiveness than permission. My girl is a pharmacist so growing at home is off limits. If she lost her license because of me I would never forgive myself. Ideally I would get a small commercial space for the 12 plant grow, stay out of trouble and no one ould be any wiser. My concern would be local or state leo would come by and even though I am legal, some how find out I am on FederalProbation and tip off the feds. However, since it is federally illegal in the first place I cant imagine it would go that way. Looks like I need to lawyer up now.

Although situations are always fluid, I can tell you from my own personal experience the Michigan Board of Pharmacy is not concerned with your girls association with growing, provided you are meeting all legal requirements of the MMA. They are far more concerned with use. This is, however, just what I was told by two board members during my hearing. Although the MMA provides protection from state licensing bodies from disciplinary action if all aspects of the MMA are met, this actual scenario has not been tested. Yet. Give me 10 months and 9 days, and I'll let you know for sure.

On the states web site it mentioned homeless people only needing a MI state ID not a drivers license. With that said how does a homeless person provide a utility bill to get their MI ID card? There must be a way to get a MI ID without having to provide a lease, utility bill or something of that nature.

Archived