Why We Need Dispensaries!

zachw

BTW: What the hell is wrong with earning a profit? Profit is good. Greed is good because it is the fuel of our economy. Free markets are good. Business is good. When did business and profit become bad?

I agree with this completely. Greed can be, and is good. Intent is where it can become fouled.

I'd LOVE to be a rich man. Imagine what i could give back to my local community if I were.

And if providing a service or product that is WANTED and not forced down ones throat is what makes me a rich man, then yes I'm greedy too!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always shocked at the lack of compassion at the dispensaries, I would think that could be the perfect model for helping folks with low income. Have donation rates set based on a solid business model, have some of each donation got into a kitty to offset medicine cost for folks on disability or out of work... But unless I am wrong no dispensary had a program to help low income people.

• 1 month later...

Sure makes me nervous when I find myself agreeing with Mike Cox, particularly on a social issue, but I had to rejoice when he said the state legislature should pass a bill allowing and regulating medical marijuana dispensaries. He also expressed his legal opinion that dispensaries are consistent with voter intentions, even if they weren't directly referenced in the approved referendum. "The people said that 'if I'm eligible for medical marijuana, I should have access to it.' I would like to see the legislature pass a law that makes way for dispensaries so we don't have thesefights." I'd say that means dispensaries could be authorized without touching the original language the people passed in 2010 - and that's a good thing.

Having Cox on the regular people’s side may be odd – but we might as well take full advantage of it. One of his GOPer buddies in the legislature should go ahead and introduce a bill setting-up a government-sanctioned, free enterprise distribution model. How can Republicans be against that? While they’re at it, rules should do what they did in Arizona and Colorado, only Michigan-owned-businesses should be eligible to apply.

First, and foremost, implementing such a dispensary system would mean that tens of thousands of Michigan residents would finally be able to purchase the medicine their doctor recommends (medicine that has been tested for safety and labeled with accurateand useful information).

Plus, there is every reason to believe there could be thousands of new jobs for the people of Michigan.

This is what I do not understand I see alot of states tryin to get legalizTion on ballet,if this happens then people are going to grow,inwhich would leave disp useless pretty much cept for those unable to grow,but then there is cgs to pick up the slack, now what I dont get legalization or not patients that have a card can grow,why not just grow then? Legalized or not. I think disp are good but really do we need them?

Tru T thing is tho mm is still new 5 years from now people will know how to grow them there will be a huge increase in cannabis all over.. Supply will be huge.. Then again leave the disp useless.. I just think we should focus mod on gettin everything in the bills and laws fixed ...thats whats important here

Yes,it will probably take some time for the supply/demand thing to work out no matterwhat the system. The more different peopleable to grow, the more competition, the better. But, while we’re looking at quantity, we need to also look at quality. Registeredpatients have the right to obtain quality medicine that is labeled withaccurate and useful information. We should be able to have the same kindof confidence in knowing what is in the product we buy at a dispensary as we dowith other medicines and food supplements.

One way or another just give us some sort of govt. guidelines and regulations so some sort of legal model can be set-up. Call it whatever you want, Farmers Market, Dispensary, Holistic Pain Mgnt Center, but whatever you call it make it so there is one within a location for easy access to everyone in all parts of the state. Right now dispensaries are walking a fine line from a legal standpoint and Farmers markets are in area specific locations. No one from Iron Mountain is going to make it down to an organized Farmers Market in southern michigan especially in the middle of winter. As an independant group we are doing the best we can but without govt backing even doing the best we can still isnt enough for the entire big picture.

Archived