Moldy Medicine?

Understood, no disrespect intended on my reply.

People put trust in providers that it is safe and this practice could be a fatal mistake for someone consuming the product who has a weakened imune system.

I believe basic standards for providers would help

Have a good week! :)

im not saying this is the right way to get rid of mold.this is just something i saw on utube that jorge cervantes did and looked like it worked.pm plants i just cut them down and get rid of them..by the time you see it it has been in the plant for at least two weeks..you can not get rid of it..just trying to help

I appreciate the information . I worry about some of my tricks now that medical use is employed . I use bleach in very small amounts to control root diseases . One cap per my 15 gallon reservoir for ebb and grow after seedlings are strong at about 3 nodes . I have never had to use more then 5 cap fulls put in with water adds to cure a problem . I flush the whole reservoir down to about 3 inches from the bottom before flowering . I also wash my hydroponic clay balls in water with a few cap fulls of bleach then dry between each new crop . I find this really cuts down on any issues . I wipe out the ebb and grow or DWC system also with water that had a cap full of bleach added . If I find mold I would wipe down my room . I do find the ebb and grow with a strong pump circulating water seems better then bubble buckets that depend only on air circulation from a air stone . I use 4 inch ones and again a cap full of bleach in the 5 gallon bucket after the seedling is at 3 nodes keeps everything Chrystal clear including the stone ( wash your clay off removing loose dust before each use ) . Sometime maybe I will have to have a test run specifically to see if any residue remains in the plant . I hate to see forced testing run up costs making it impractical for micro growers to exist and patients to afford what they need ( well most can't now they have to grow and often supplement on top of it ) . This could be a one and done item . I have searched on the net hoping to see information from someone whose done it previously .

The legislators are attempting to change the act to remove illegal supply as a source for patients a worthy goal . If they do this for proper access to exist I feel right or wrong PTP PTC CTP CTC must be acknowledged to be allowed within the qualified registered patient community to facilitate access and weight limits should be removed atleast at the grow site for patients so they can store for non interrupted supply in practical use . Farmers Markets must be supported in every County . This is not recreational it is medicinal and you do not ban medicanal items that the people consider legal .

If any criminality under medical use is going to be enforced for those qualifying they also need a buffer before felony charges for a grower to return to compliance with a warning that resets every year like was talked about on Planet Green Trees . We know separating people from society , locking them up , is a huge waste . We also know it should never apply to patients because it is costly , can kill them and put medical routines in disarray the criminal justice system is not set up to handle patients correctly or allow proper medications . They do not honor established pain management and that is so wrong .We have nursing homes and foster care that do not leaving patients vulnerable in agony . It is cruel and unusual punishment . Just as it is to not give proper support when problems develop as desired by the patient and nobody else as the ultimate derminator after all the choices have been discussed . This concept of zero tolerance tough love founded in unreasonable fear and discrimination \by those in authority is abuse pure and simple when applied to the sick , injured and dieing requiring comfort . The first time I was taught the we all have them and the body actually creates cannabis receptors with use I knew it was wrong to deny qualifying patients access . Research with modern methods and a open mind should be open and ongoing .

Spotting mold and PM can be hard. I saw tons of it at the FM on Saturday. If there is a bud that has nice green colors and then random brown spots that look burnt, its 99% mold of some sort. Take a 40x-80x scope and look at it. The mold looks kinda like trichromes that don't have heads and will be going in random directions rather than straight up off of the plant. If it is bad it'll look like a cob web. I've heard its safe to make BHO out of it, I toss.

WLP

So if it so hard to spot

How did you see "tons of it"?

Why aren't others noticing?

Are you and your buddy Richard the only astute quality growers to attend?

Sounds like your saying everyone else is substandard compared to you?

You seem to be trying to discredit the marketgrowl.gif

Like maybe your affiliated with a dispensary in Walled Lake

I hope I am way off base here

I'm certainly not affiliated with a dispensary. I don't sell anything to them and the only contact I've had is dropping off Schuette recall forms. I'm not saying everyone's product is substandard. I did some gram for gram trades and found mold on them. This is dangerous and people need to be careful. Good growers know they don't have it but some growers either don't know they have it or don't care. People need to be careful.

WLP

Edit: on second thought "tons" is far to strong of a word. And I saw lots of very good stuff there, the guy by the patients entrance with the goatee in particular had some nice looking nugs. If I didn't grow I'd be going to the FM to pick up my meds, it is great for patients.

wlp... i certainly do agree w you. and beans, this isn't a blanket statement against everyone, as most of the most discerning growers come from the underground... but i'v been around the dispensary scene beyond this state & you will be surprised at what you will run across... tenders that really do not know what mold structures look like, those that don't know how to use a scope, and indeed, jars with mold stretching off the nugs onto the glass... still growing in the jars. that isn't indicative of every dispensary & every grower, but it certainly does exist, and to a noticeable degree... and yup, i'v had this experience twice in this state alone.

most certainly, standards really need to addressed, codified & enforced. when we are really discussing a food-grade, or medicine-grade, consumable, there ought to be standards in place... for fungal & bacterial content, pesticide & fungicide use, along with any other foliar applied adulterants. many, many of the products used in the growing of medical marijuana aren't tested, labeled or fit for food crops... simple truth. many of the practices utilized are misinformed & unsafe... and all of that filters down to the end use product.

if we are discussing sick patients, or any human being, we need to raise the bar... the one we've adopted from an otherwise unregulated market. gov't regulation & oversight isn't necessarily evil. standards in products & practices can raise the industry bar... for the betterment of all. when we talk about legitimizing the medical marijuana movement... this most certainly is a part of it.

and don't take this wrong way... if we introduce commercially regulated & sized grows, they have to use the commercial grade products to protect against crop pests & diseases. i still feel smaller, localized, mom&pop caregiver programs can bring about the highest in quality goods... just that there should be minimal acceptable standards of what can be sold as human consumables. the bringing about of standards in quality does not necessarily mean commercially licensed grows... in fact, i argue against that model. just to be clear on an anticipated argument... ;-)

I'm certainly not affiliated with a dispensary. I don't sell anything to them and the only contact I've had is dropping off Schuette recall forms. I'm not saying everyone's product is substandard. I did some gram for gram trades and found mold on them. This is dangerous and people need to be careful. Good growers know they don't have it but some growers either don't know they have it or don't care. People need to be careful.

WLP

Edit: on second thought "tons" is far to strong of a word. And I saw lots of very good stuff there, the guy by the patients entrance with the goatee in particular had some nice looking nugs. If I didn't grow I'd be going to the FM to pick up my meds, it is great for patients.

Thanks for the clarification

I just freaked out a bit

I still haven't been there, but hope to make it sometime soon

I am in complete support of the concept though

Archived