American Cancer Society

wingnut

American Cancer Society

"The symptoms of a marijuana overdose include nausea, vomiting, hacking cough, disturbances to heart rhythms, and numbness in the limbs. Chronic use can also lead to laryngitis, bronchitis, and general apathy. With chronic use, the ability to learn and remember new information may become impaired".

"Although it is rare, severe shutdown of blood circulation to the arms or legs has been reported in young people who smoked marijuana. In some cases, it was so severe that amputation was required. Marijuana may also serve as a trigger for a heart attack on rare occasions, usually within an hour after smoking. Allergic reactions, some severe, have been reported."

"Allergic reactions, some severe, have been reported."

"Cause lung disease, and increase the risk of cancer of the lungs, mouth, and tongue. It may also suppress the body’s immune system"…

"Increase the risk of leukemia in children whose mothers smoke marijuana during pregnancy. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use marijuana."

This is very upsetting . We should definitely ask them to provide where they aquired this information on amputations . I couldn't see it in the footnotes . Not all research is objective or true . I find some of these claims very hard to believe . I bet many of us has contributed or raised funds for the ACS at one time in our lives .

So, all the hippies who have been smoking since the 60's are now amputees ??

If people are vaping and doing medibles more and more now, I fail to see the issue.

Does the American Cancer Society receive any donations from any of the alcohol companies or pill companies ??? Just checking.

"Cause lung disease, and increase the risk of cancer of the lungs, mouth, and tongue. It may also suppress the body’s immune system"…

This is completely false. The NIDA did a study and found that pot smokers had a lower incidence of lung cancer than those who had never smoked anything in their lives.

Also ,people have been suffered hideous side effects and been killed by placebo drugs. The mind is a powerful thing. Cannabis is harmless...

Archived