Odor-How Well Do Can Filters Work?

I have always heard to keep your room positivly charged with air pressure, because when you open ur door it pushes air out and doesnt suck in air which could have unwanted contaminence. Now this being said wouldnt it push the smell threw any gaps in structure no matter what type of air scrubber you use? If so what is best solution for Doors and vents and gaps in walls that might be light tight but not air tight?

i started out pre-medi, from way back when...and number one immediate priority for security is odor control...number one extended is not talking. even today, in medi-states, it is still just as important to protect yourself...from neighbors ratting you out & getting a knock&talk, to rippers...just as fundamentally important to protect yourself from any interference & to maintain your safety. all other considerations, e.g., co2 or partical filtration, take a back seat to odor control.

with that said, you always need to maintain negative air pressure in your rooms in order to ensure 100% odor protections...anything less than that, and a proper amount of it to boot, then you will always have stray odors escaping...just can't avoid it. now, will that amount be enough to allow for detection??? do you really want to take a chance when your freedom and/or life is on the line? really?

so best route is to have the scrubber in the room w the fan directly attached & sealed around...then ductwork heading out of the room, or even through the hoods, but you will have negative air pressure in the room itself, and you will have positive pressure through out the hoods/vent tubes...and that air will be scrubbed air, so that leaking isn't a problem. if you can keep the rh under 65% or so, and use a well respected scrubber w adequate flow, then you will never have odor leaks. simple stuff for the protection it affords.

forget about anything else you've heard about positive air pressure in the room...you gotta think hazmat/bio containment, where the smells are the hazard. peace.

LonghairBri whats the size of your rooms? I'm working with a 12x9 flower and a 8x9 veg room always under 48 plants and I just grabbed the exact model you reccomended but I'm unsure if I need to run it full blast? I'm just a bit worried becasue my lady has pretty bad asthma and I've heard the O3 can trigger it so I don't want to fog her out. I'm also using a 8" phresh on a 8" vortex usually running halfish speed

TIA

Archived