Homeschool

Anishfisher

Hi, hoping for some clarification :).

I was on another part of this forum when someone pointed out to me that I might want to look into the laws before I get my medical marijuana card.

I am a mother of 3 who has been battling with well documented rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia for years. I also am on a whole laundry list of prescription meds that have some pretty rotten side effects. Now, my question is, If in the state of Michigan a homeschool is technically considered a private school, where does that put me as far as using medical marijuana (once I get my card)?

Thank you!!

I know people have opinions and ideas and its easy to get scared or sidetracked sometimes here, I try to use helpful documents to get a good answer -

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/home_schools_122555_7.pdf

It sounds like you teach your own children and not run a daycare. As long as you treat marijuana like medicine, with respect and keep it discreet, the MMMP is a great program.

DN

Great! Thank you much!

Lol, I have the same site saved in my favorites. I was just wondering if there was anything speciffic about homeschool and mmmj that I had missed (believe me, I have scoured the net and I have found NOTHING). As far as being discreet. No worries there. Like I have posted in other areas of this forum, I live in a small northern town and gossip runs rampant up here. Believe me, discression will not be an issue for me.

Thank you again for helping me out :)

• 1 month later...

This is a really, really profound question. I am not sure the answer is as clear cut as we might hope. :growl:

Growing in the same location as a home school could be seen as a problem by some and a target by others.

I think there is not a problem :goodjob: if we are talking about an MM card and a person who has some MM on site. However this may be a different category if we are talking about a full basement with 12 6-foot plants under 5,000 watts of pure golden sun. :blink:

Just IMHO. Homeskrewells have been targetted in the past and there is no reson to believe they wuld not be targetted in the future...

This is a really, really profound question. I am not sure the answer is as clear cut as we might hope. :growl:

Growing in the same location as a home school could be seen as a problem by some and a target by others.

I think there is not a problem :goodjob: if we are talking about an MM card and a person who has some MM on site. However this may be a different category if we are talking about a full basement with 12 6-foot plants under 5,000 watts of pure golden sun. :blink:

Just IMHO. Homeskrewells have been targetted in the past and there is no reson to believe they wuld not be targetted in the future...

That was exactly why I posted the question in the first place. So far, (emphasis on "so far") we have been very fortunate that we have not caught any flak about homeschooling from our school district. You hit the nail on the head though, home school is a very controvercial issue and then add MMJ into the mix and it could get pretty nasty.

i would say you are Save from the school quirks.

Home Schooling, is a personal choice, as is MMJ. I do not believe, i have not given this scenario any thought, but i ll start swirling it around, their is any thing in the Laws, that would prohibit either from occuring..

But this actually DOES bring another aspect into light. hmm gonna need to ponder some.

IMO homeschooling is frowned upon here in N. Michigan, and elsewhere primarily because the public schools lose student count. and money. I homeschooled my grandson, sent him off to college instead of 10th grade with a full scholarship.That couldnt have happened in a public school setting! However, we did not get our MMJ cards until after he left our care, just to be safe. Cant say if it is a problem or not, but for us, we chose to not take a chance on it. But now....we love our empty nest and our full grow room.!

Archived