Pleading Guilty Real Soon Here

do you have a lawyer pushing for you? it's really a shame that people, supposed leaders, go after patients. let this community know if you want major support on any given court date. we all can make a difference in the face of this oppression. jurors may surprise you, as real people, and be forgiving of a mere infraction. good luck with whatever you choose... keep the faith that you will prevail.

january 10th 1200 building in Pontiac. Judge Bowman

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pleading guilty soon. most of you know my story. i was a cg. someone that wasn't a patient was present during the raid with access to the tent i guess. So 4 felonies here I come in Oakland County. I'll let ya'll know my sentence when I can. Whatcha think I'm gonna do? The prosecuting attorney said the judge follows guidelines, which i think is 6 to 9 months for a first time offender. So is that really what I'm looking at?

does this mean you have not pled guilty to anything yet? It is never to late to change attny's and ask for a jury trial, Unless you have already been tried! dont go down w/o a fight, I dont know all of your circumstances or how they found you! but please dont go down w/o a fight if you dont have to! most jury trials dont go to the end, people either cop pleas or they drop it! make oakland county pay the price for your trial, if you have a court appt, fire him, get with an mm lawyer, one may take the case just to take the case pro bono!

I wish you the best! please dont plead guilty to the mm part no matter what the circumstances are!

:notfair:

The terrible thing about this-

if he pleads guilty or accepts a plea deal - he waives his rights to fight the charges later when the MMMAct could be 'fixed' by a decent Supreme Court ruling.

No sales, I say the judge gives him probation. They want money, so they need him to work to pay 'resitution to the state of michigan'. Offer to pay more money, offer to work community service - bribe them for your freedom.

Do make sure your lawyer knows what the fu*K he is doing. Many times I have seen a bad outcome because the defendant had a bad lawyer.

DN

Do me a favor, do bring that up to your lawyer, I await his response.

DN

I think it will not matter.

He is being charged with violating the mmma. Is he not?

The PA has the best of both worlds. The CSA which is still the legal authority on drugs. As well as any imagined infraction of the 'Act'(MMMA).

Hopefully that change enacted( judicial opinion really ) by the Oakland co. Judge will sway the prosecuting attorney (PA) but I doubt it.

I am very interested in what they have to say as well.

Good luck , and best wishes to you in your legal battles.

Maybe it just might be better to leave quarter to the citizens, after all We voted in this clusterf--k. LEO has never liked it and have and will do ANYTHING to undermine it.

Only the citizens will have compassion not the PA , Police or Judges.

I hope I am incorrect, but fear (for you) that I am not.

Just my 2¢ however I am not facing incarceration, you are.

IMO

the MMMAct could be 'fixed' by a decent Supreme Court ruling.

this will never happen in are life time

People make the mistake of thinking that 'time' is the factor in accomplishments. In truth, an accomplishment can happen in a split second, accomplishment needs only a change of a person in power, the will of the people, and who has the fighting spirit.

Screw time, I make my accomplishments.

DN

The following is harsh, but what will make folks change and pay attention?

darn, THE IDIOTS KEEP COMING (FROM oAKLAND).

Oakland County is not part of Michigan, thus is not safe or legal territory in which to exercise your mmj option.

BobandTorey did not have prior notice that Oakland County is MMJ Nazi Country. BaT are excused. Everyone else, however, has had multiple warnings. Those who travel in Oakland County with mmj, or grow mmj in Oakland County, are self-destructive.

If you must think you must carry mmj in Oakland, or grow mmj there, think again...pay attention now and stop--or regret it later--NEVER IN OAKLAND.

Some folks never learn. They think they are the exception. The most valuable learning tool you can acquire is a butt in seat in court in an mmj case in an Oakland courtroom--preferably before you are the accused. Oakland judges do not mince words, hide their prior decisions, cloak them in obfuscatory language, or change their minds. They do not sit en banc but they do decide en banc. The decision is always 'guilty as charged,' now pay the price.

i will try and repeat this every time i come here because people need to know whats going on here in oakland county if you do live here move if you want to be a part of the MMMA

i will try and repeat this every time i come here because people need to know whats going on here in oakland county if you do live here move if you want to be a part of the MMMA

I have to agree - Oakland County is hot for one reason - a document signed by Patterson's city council - in 2000, they signed a referendum to fight against marijuana use, medical or otherwise.

Of course the will of the people in 2001 when they voted in the MMMAct, meant nothing to those board members.

the document is searchable, I will try to find it again.

DN

I have to agree - Oakland County is hot for one reason - a document signed by Patterson's city council - in 2000, they signed a referendum to fight against marijuana use, medical or otherwise.

Of course the will of the people in 2001 when they voted in the MMMAct, meant nothing to those board members.

the document is searchable, I will try to find it again.

DN

and if i would have known about this i would have never been a part of the MMMP or the MMMA

here is the reason for Oakland county's action against MM

"REPORT (Misc. #00229)

BY: General Government Committee, Shelley G. Taub, Chairperson

IN RE: BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS – OPPOSITION TO LEGALIZING MARIJUANA

To the Oakland County Board of Commissioners

Chairperson, Ladies and Gentlemen:

The General Government Committee, having reviewed the above-mentioned

resolution on October 11, 2000, recommends to the Oakland County Board of

Commissioners the resolution be adopted.

Chairperson, on behalf of the GeneralChairperson, on behalf of the General Government Committee, I move the

acceptance of the foregoing report.

GENERAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE

MISCELLANEOUS RESOLUTION #00229

BY: Charles E. Palmer, District #16

IN RE: BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS – OPPOSITION TO LEGALIZING MARIJUANA

To the Oakland County Board of Commissioners

Chairperson, Ladies and Gentlemen:

WHEREAS the Oakland County Board of Commissioners supports the goal of

a safe and drug-free community; and

WHEREAS the marijuana plant contains more than 400 chemicals, including

the mind-altering chemical THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol); and

WHEREAS the research shows that smoking marijuana has numerous negative

effects on the user, including cognitive impairments of learning, memory,

perception, problem-solving, coordination, motor skills and judgement; and

WHEREAS long-term marijuana use results in changes to the brain common

to heroin and cocaine abuse; and

WHEREAS the possession or use of marijuana is against Federal and State

law; and

WHEREAS marijuana is a controlled Schedule 1 substance and Federal law

prohibits physicians from prescribing the smoking or ingestion of the

marijuana plant for medical reasons; and

WHEREAS there are safe and effective medicines that can help control

and lessen symptoms of persistent nausea, vomiting, wasting syndrome, or loss

of appetite from acquired immune deficiency syndrome, chemotherapy, or

radiation treatment, as well as medications available for multiple sclerosis,

glaucoma, epilepsy and other medical conditions; and

WHEREAS marijuana legislation efforts in states across the nation have

shifted from authorizing marijuana use for supposed medical reasons to

attempts to legalize the cultivation, use and possession of marijuana for

adult personal recreational use; and

WHEREAS community youth emulate and model the behavior of adults; and

WHEREAS drug use statistics document that when teen perception of risk

decreases, teen use of marijuana increases.

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Oakland County Board of

Commissioners declares its opposition to any attempt to legalize the

cultivation, use or possession of marijuana in the State of Michigan.

Commissioners Minutes Continued. October 19, 2000

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Oakland County Board of Commissioners

declares its opposition to any attempt to limit the use of forfeiture laws

which are an important tool designed to take the profit out of drug

trafficking.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Oakland County Board of Commissioners

opposes any actions that would increase the availability and accessibility of

marijuana to the youth of its communities.

Chairperson, I move adoption of the foregoing resolution.

Charles E. Palmer

District #16

(The vote for this motion appears on page 596.)

page 596

Vote for resolutions on Consent Agenda:

AYES: Appel, Buckley, Causey-Mitchell, Colasanti, Coleman, Dingeldey,

Douglas, Galloway, Garfield, Gregory, Jensen, Law, McCulloch, McPherson,

Melton, Millard, Moffitt, Obrecht, Palmer, Patterson, Schmid, Sever, Suarez,

Taub, Amos. (25)

NAYS: None. (0)

A sufficient majority having voted therefor, the resolutions on the

Consent Agenda were adopted (with accompanying reports accepted).

http://www.oakgov.com/boc/assets/docs/minutes/min_00/101900.pdf

Now you see the facts, in writing.

DN

and if i would have known about this i would have never been a part of the MMMP or the MMMA

So the people of Michigan assumed that the city council of Oakland county would listen to the will of the voters.

That was the surprise, when politicians like these people were more interested in special lobby funds, than getting re-elected.

DN

Did you let this person in to the grow tent? Was it open when you were raided? If not you were the security. At least attempt the argument. That other person could not enter as you would have prevented him. A live person as security should be as good as a lock. I can hit your lock with a hammer and open it, it's a false sense of security. On a tent I could cut through it with scissors. A live guard is much more of a deterrent.

Recently a Oakland County judge ruled that as a result of the 2008 act passing that marijuana was no longer a schedule 1 drug. Basically stating that the voters declared that it does possess medical value and therefore under state schedules cannot be schedule 1. Whether or not that will stand remains to be seen but that ruling should apply at least temporarily to Oakland County cases.

Don't give up at least threaten a jury trial to get a good plea if you can't hang in and fight all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

So....if you had the room that the tent was in locked, and everyone was in the living room, everything would have been OK?

you would think so but that is the reason we are still in court we had a lock on are bedroom door but it was open at the time of the raid who would think that you have to lock yourself inn the room

i will be their for you

Did you let this person in to the grow tent? Was it open when you were raided? If not you were the security. At least attempt the argument. That other person could not enter as you would have prevented him. A live person as security should be as good as a lock. I can hit your lock with a hammer and open it, it's a false sense of security. On a tent I could cut through it with scissors. A live guard is much more of a deterrent.

Recently a Oakland County judge ruled that as a result of the 2008 act passing that marijuana was no longer a schedule 1 drug. Basically stating that the voters declared that it does possess medical value and therefore under state schedules cannot be schedule 1. Whether or not that will stand remains to be seen but that ruling should apply at least temporarily to Oakland County cases.

Don't give up at least threaten a jury trial to get a good plea if you can't hang in and fight all the way.

i aree don't give up we need more people to stand up and fight take it to the people we should fill that court room with the MMMA

Archived