Amazing News For Mmj Patients And Flying!

20 grams is a felony in Florida and you will go to jail at least until bonding out . Oklahoma a person can get up to life for small sales . Be cautious . However if they can create a law where people can CCW's based on their own states law our representatives in Washington D.C. should be able to protect patients traveling inside our borders . I include that request every time I write a email or letter to them if it won't distract from the primary topic . The airport rules help people traveling within States like a flight from DTW up to Marquette or Northern Ca to San Diego . Remember Ca does not recognize our card only 3 states do in some way you have to read their rules Montana . Rhode Island and Maine . Be very cautious when going out of the Country taking any drug across borders escalates the level of offense in many cases . They still cane people plus jail them for cannabis in parts of Asia .

http://www.westcoastleaf.com/?p=904

I would think the most they would do is say no you cant travel with it,if your not over and following the law,have ALL cards or paperwork with you,YOUR NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG. Dont let them treat us like we are. Def take care of the smell though,no need to raise any suspicions.

So as long as I'm carrying the legal amount or less and have my card, I should have no problems flying through DTW outside of being subject to the normal TSA screening stuff, and showing my card/the meds?

Did you declare you had your meds when you were going through security (before they found them) or just left them in your bag and when they found them declared you were a patient and then showed identifying documentation?

Sorry guys, I'm just a younger patient (but card-carrying for over 2 years) and really don't want to get hassled about this.

I'm glad everything went ok but not something I personally would recommend. They couldnt declare the meds when they landed as its not legal in that state. If they would have been caught after landing it would'nt have been a happy ending. I dont think its right that our meds are not legal everywhere we go but thats the reality of it.

• 1 month later...

Just tested TSA again, and we have won again. I talked to head of TSA at DTW and she told me that TSA does not not allow it, but if they see it they will alert Wayne County Sherriff. I was directed to talk to Captain Smoothers, as well as Sgt. Kolakowski, both whom told me that I was ALLOWED to bring my medical marijuana with me. I went through the body scanner with my meds in my bag in a glass jar, it went through the scanner and I went through the body scanner, TSA didn't even stop me and I didn't even have to talk to a deputy. TSA, DTW, and medical marijuana are all going by what the state law says about possession and let you have it.

Just tested TSA again, and we have won again. I talked to head of TSA at DTW and she told me that TSA does not not allow it, but if they see it they will alert Wayne County Sherriff. I was directed to talk to Captain Smoothers, as well as Sgt. Kolakowski, both whom told me that I was ALLOWED to bring my medical marijuana with me. I went through the body scanner with my meds in my bag in a glass jar, it went through the scanner and I went through the body scanner, TSA didn't even stop me and I didn't even have to talk to a deputy. TSA, DTW, and medical marijuana are all going by what the state law says about possession and let you have it.

Excellent! Im thinkin about a visit to my brothers in California here soon. They dont honor our card at their dispensaries so i will have to take it with me. Thanks for the update! Medcnman.

Excellent! Im thinkin about a visit to my brothers in California here soon. They dont honor our card at their dispensaries so i will have to take it with me. Thanks for the update! Medcnman.

They don't honor your card, period, in California as far as I know... I'd take less than an ounce so that it falls under the decriminalized amount in CA...

They don't honor your card, period, in California as far as I know... I'd take less than an ounce so that it falls under the decriminalized amount in CA...

Im only going for 3 days. An 1/8 would be plenty for me! I medicate mostly for migranes to control nausea and before bed to take the edge off my neck pain so i can sleep. I dont use much. Medcnman.

I travel with medicated candies and simpson oil capsules that I put in a vitamin jar with similar vitamin E capsules. I think unless you are acting suspicious and it smells (candies and oil capsules do not, in my opinion) then you're likely to be ok. I would not travel with bud. Good bud is easy to find on the black market in nonmedical states. It's not all mexican brick weed. In fact, I had some purple kush type strain that was very, very good. Nothing else hits my pain, I've been on them all - opiods, oxy, nsaids, anti anxiety, anti-depression, anti- LIFE. Now that I found a good oil source, I won't be without it. Put it in some peanut butter, slide on crackers, and put in your bag. I travel with food all the time (i"m picky about what i eat and airport food is expensive and not very good, but getting better). Anyhow, bottom line for me is that if I don't have some sort of easy access during the flight, I can barely walk when I get off the plane. to me it's worth it to carry a capsule or a candy and take the risk. good luck folks!

Archived