Phone And Electric Problems In Michigan

My power has gone out for more then 15 minutes more then a half dozen times and in total about 40 -50 times this year . Usually its only once or twice all year . Now I can't make a long distance call . I tried dozens of times using 3 different phones with different companies . Two lines use internet telephony but the third is AT and T . You can't get a answer to your problem . I called and asked if high volume was causing a problem the operator wasn't pleased I asked and knew nothing about call traffic interfering with calls . Local calls are fine . This wasn't a problem with patience I spent 7 hours off and on trying to call a friend in Florida with speed dial . It was frustrating I wish I had the money for that auto dial service but I don't . I have to manually do speed dial but 7 hours and no break in call traffic . This will teach me it's not wise to forget doing Christmas cards and wait to the last minute to call people ! I hope my friends have a sense of humor when they get their after Christmas call . .

Can anyone verify if this is happening to others too tonight ? The phones don't even ring before the message comes on " we cannot complete your call please try again later ."

Edited by Croppled1