Where To Find Seeds

LongHairBri

• 2 weeks later...

Attitude is a great place. Lots of choice and they are pretty fast.

The problem is customs confiscation. Twice...in the last year.

Talk of illegal vs. legal is pointless. It is ALL illegal to customs and the USPS, card or no card.

Will you end up in jail..???....probably not.....maybe?..be careful.

We have to realize that we now all live in a big jail, called the USA, where they open our mail, listen to our phone calls, track us on GPS, watch us on their camera's, monitor our bank accounts and limit our financial options.

Big Brother IS HERE NOW!

The most disturbing part is that nobody seems to care that much. Flush that Constitution down the toilet, it's a new world.

Well said....

Attitude is a great place. Lots of choice and they are pretty fast.

The problem is customs confiscation. Twice...in the last year. 

Talk of illegal vs. legal is pointless. It is ALL illegal to customs and the USPS, card or no card.

Will you end up in jail..???....probably not.....maybe?..be careful.

We have to realize that we now all live in a big jail, called the USA, where they open our mail, listen to our phone calls, track us on GPS, watch us on their camera's, monitor our bank accounts and limit our financial options.

Big Brother IS HERE NOW!

The most disturbing part is that nobody seems to care that much. Flush that Constitution down the toilet, it's a new world.

Does anyone got any information on storing seeds? How long they can be stored? Best way to go about it? Thanks

I just recently popped a single Dr Greenthumbs Bubba OG that was stored in a small Tupperware tub that was given too me in mid 2009 with no issues now my garden is filled with that strain all from one seed.

i've heard people saving seeds from the 70s and they still pop.

well after a few years they do lose germination rates.

dark, cool, not too humid or dry. air tight maybe.

maybe i should start digging around in the old couch corners at the salvation army! haha.

I've germinated some  BGrimm cindy99 seeds from the seventies and all but one popped. They were stored carelessly over the years. I glued a strip of 220 grit sand paper inside of a small container and scarified the seeds a bit before soaking over night, then planting in a cube.

I store my seeds in small containers/zip locks inside of an insulated soft shell zipper lunch sack, with desiccant packs and have no issues ever.

There's a Date Palm seed recently germinated that was 2000 years old. They carbon dated the seed when found in the desert dust.

Another cache of seeds was found in a frozen tundra of Russia. They were damaged by the burrowing squirrel who stored them, but enough viable material was found to tissue culture the Silene stenophylla and germinate the 32,000 year old flower seeds, found 124 feet below the permafrost, with mammoth and bison remains.

1_SEEDVAULT_461.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/photogalleries/seedvault-pictures/photo2.html

February 26, 2008  A half moon shines over the entrance to the new Svalbard Global Seed Vault in a recent photo.

The Norwegian Arctic island of Svalbard will see no direct sunlight for at least another week, but the vault's opening today brightened the spirits of dozens of guests who gathered for its dedication ceremonies.

The "doomsday" vault is designed to keep millions of seed samples safe from natural and unnatural disasters: global warming, asteroid strikes, plant diseases, nuclear warfare, and even earthquakes in fact, the structure absorbed a magnitude 6.2 quake here last week without

a crack.

Though Norway owns the global seed bank the first of its kind other countries can store seeds in it and remove them as needed. The genes

in the seeds may someday be needed to adapt crops to endure climate change, droughts, blights, and other potential catastrophes.

Does anyone got any information on storing seeds? How long they can be stored? Best way to go about it? Thanks

That's insane thanks for the info!

I've germinated some BGrimm cindy99 seeds from the seventies and all but one popped. They were stored carelessly over the years. I glued a strip of 220 grit sand paper inside of a small container and scarified the seeds a bit before soaking over night, then planting in a cube.
I store my seeds in small containers/zip locks inside of an insulated soft shell zipper lunch sack, with desiccant packs and have no issues ever.

There's a Date Palm seed recently germinated that was 2000 years old. They carbon dated the seed when found in the desert dust.
Another cache of seeds was found in a frozen tundra of Russia. They were damaged by the burrowing squirrel who stored them, but enough viable material was found to tissue culture the Silene stenophylla and germinate the 32,000 year old flower seeds, found 124 feet below the permafrost, with mammoth and bison remains.

1_SEEDVAULT_461.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/02/photogalleries/seedvault-pictures/photo2.html

February 26, 2008A half moon shines over the entrance to the new Svalbard Global Seed Vault in a recent photo.

The Norwegian Arctic island of Svalbard will see no direct sunlight for at least another week, but the vault's opening today brightened the spirits of dozens

of guests who gathered for its dedication ceremonies.

The "doomsday" vault is designed to keep millions of seed samples safe from natural and unnatural disasters: global warming, asteroid strikes, plant diseases, nuclear warfare, and even earthquakes in fact, the structure absorbed a magnitude 6.2 quake here last week without a crack.

Though Norway owns the global seed bank the first of its kind other countries can store seeds in it and remove them as needed. The genes in the seeds

may someday be needed to adapt crops to endure climate change, droughts, blights, and other potential catastrophes.

• 9 months later...

Well, I cannot recommend Original Sensible.  My brown envelope from them arrived yesterday with nothing in it but a "mail interception notice" from customs at JFK.  OS site is down now too.  Some other forums have put a "not recommended" status for using original sensible due to their packaging being busted so often. 

sorry this happened to you. I never heard of that supplier but the ones I am familiar with will immediately replace the order if you send them a copy of

the notice and some details. doesn't help you much if they're closed though I know.

For best results pick up a copy of High Times Magazine and pick a centerfold supplier. they don't fail often.  dr greenthumb is str8 up fire and lightning fast.

OG sent me this today.  I'd rather have a refund and buy from someone else, but I guess we will just have to try again: 

Answer: Thank you for contacting us.
We regret that you have not received your order in the way it was intended.
We always want our customers to be happy and we will add some credit to your account, in lieu of this as a gesture of goodwill.
The credit can be used for any products / orders that you choose. Please note that credit cannot be used for shipping.
Please attach a copy of the notice and photos of your envelope here.
Many thanks.

Thank you again,
Original Sensible Cannabis Seeds

Unfortunately yes, but at least that is minimal.  I just hope the next batch gets through.  If not I will give up and am going to switch suppliers regardless.  On another forum its been said frequently that OS and Attitude are in the lower catagory of companies who's product gets through. 

Attitude spends more than 10 grand monthly advertising just in High Times magazine. They're solid, but get snagged too, not so much their fault, as it is your!!! lol

I want to understand the seed process better and thank the OP and everyone for their knowledge.

I don't understand how the fault rests with the purchaser here. It seems no one is at fault except the system that makes it illegal.

Did you really laugh out loud? I think you snickered a little. Truth in internet means there are WAY more sals (snickered a little) than lols

there are michigan seed breeders and seed companies to shop from.

why bother trying to get seeds from out of state or out of the country? plenty of seeds right here!

can find some local seed company ads in the local marijuana papers:

http://www.mmmrmag.com/

http://www.thecompassionchronicles.com

http://ireadculture.com/

http://www.theamericancultivator.com/