Where To Find Seeds

LongHairBri

Thanks for the input. Eventually it would be nice to be able to have a cannabis culture business, so shipping would be of concern so one could publicly advertise the products available without worry. We are surely a few years from that. But it would probably take a few years for one to master the craft.

I have a very small upstairs bedroom that I've been thinking would be great for tissue culture. My plan would be to paint the room with Kilz and tear up the carpet and install a wood floor. Then I'd install a big grow tent with a desk inside and a shelf for cultures. I'd install a blower with a HEPA filter that would (hopefully) trap contaminants. The room is next to the upstairs bathroom so it would be easy to take a shower before entering the room and then the tent. All that, combined with a simple plastic hood, would hopefully be sufficient to keep contaminants to a minimum. Jars would be labeled as various vegetables to try to avoid over-zealous LEOs from making a stink. I'm not too worried about LEO though as lifestyle doesn't give LEO any reason to poke around. The first, only, and last time LEO showed up at my house was because I was outside and they stopped at my gate to warn me that there had been a rash of thefts from unlocked cars in the neighborhood. After nearly six years of high electric bills, I'm no longer concerned about meter readers tipping off LEO. This reminds me of my days before carbon filters. I exhausted air through the chimney, and one day I parked at the end of the driveway to get the mail and could smell cannabis 100+ feet from the house. I installed carbon filters the next day and haven't had a smell since.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide some guidance. I really do appreciate it.

my entire culture happenings are inside of a 2x4x5 dedicated grow tent. I wash, put a cap on, wear rubber gloves, and a face mask. I try not to move air , no fans or filters. The tent sits snug in a closet similar in size. The room is carpeted. I keep a strip of tangle foot along the entrance at the floor, and just sit outside of the tent when I work. I spray Lysol at the door, on the zipper, on the floor, in the tent and the air as I open the tent. with good planning the inside the tent work is a few minutes of work.

Hepa is nice, but it involves pulling air into your work area. Unless your work area is a sterile lab all that movement is perfect to spread spores, dust, skin cells and hair bits. This is the part that keeps many people from attempting the craft at home. They read of $3k flow laminar hoods, or cobble homemade ones and experience imminent failure.

The majority of my contamination is my own hair/skin settling inside of a vessel, carrying spores with it that flourish within a week or so. When I wash this moldy bit more often than not I find the culprit under the microscope.

I've been approached by three companies already nurturing cannabis cultures, and growing in their niche. any solid breeding program, genetic storage, or gene provider would be smart to invest in the know how of tissue culture. Big Agri does it this way with most of the plant foods we eat today, and have for decades. They kept the scene mysterious, and out of reach, but no more.

my entire culture happenings are inside of a 2x4x5 dedicated grow tent. I wash, put a cap on, wear rubber gloves, and a face mask. I try not to move air , no fans or filters. The tent sits snug in a closet similar in size. The room is carpeted. I keep a strip of tangle foot along the entrance at the floor, and just sit outside of the tent when I work. I spray Lysol at the door, on the zipper, on the floor, in the tent and the air as I open the tent. with good planning the inside the tent work is a few minutes of work.

Hepa is nice, but it involves pulling air into your work area. Unless your work area is a sterile lab all that movement is perfect to spread spores, dust, skin cells and hair bits. This is the part that keeps many people from attempting the craft at home. They read of $3k flow laminar hoods, or cobble homemade ones and experience imminent failure.

The majority of my contamination is my own hair/skin settling inside of a vessel, carrying spores with it that flourish within a week or so. When I wash this moldy bit more often than not I find the culprit under the microscope.

I've been approached by three companies already nurturing cannabis cultures, and growing in their niche. any solid breeding program, genetic storage, or gene provider would be smart to invest in the know how of tissue culture. Big Agri does it this way with most of the plant foods we eat today, and have for decades. They kept the scene mysterious, and out of reach, but no more.

Thanks for the added info.  I can see why having a lot of air movement might actually be counter-productive. 

Have you ever considered a Tyvek suit?  They can be purchased from industrial supplies for about $8 each and should last a while.  Might be good to keep hair and skin shedding to a minimum.  I'd imagine that we all have microscopic bits of skin and hair following us around, like Pig Pen from Peanuts.

Perhaps you listed before GM in a previous forum or thread?

If you could be so kind and list the minimum requirements/materials for one to be somewhat successful in tissue culture.

Like to begin my search with obtaining TC supplies.

Maybe a straight to the point book in regards to simplifying process... In other words for the garage/basement lab rather than the university lab.

I have seen kits available but if I can obtain OR already posses such items I rather not order a kit (save $$$).

Thanks for any input

happy to help, start here, http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/45819-tissue-cultured-marijuana-you-bet/ while waiting for your newly ordered copy of "Plant From Test Tubes". Buy a "kitchen culture" kit, the middle of the road one. don't skimp. buy a pressure cooker, some mason jars, a sonic toothbrush cleaner, a small grow tent, some Lysol, and a 3x2 tote bottom, alcohol burner, scalpel...almost there man...

....or you are lucky. They are literally saying that you must call or leave your number so that they can call. Maybe you called? Again, just providing an update so that others can recognize if they have a problem....maybe someone saves some time. I haven't tried to order (don't personally care for attitude). Saw the issues last month and just keeping an eye on it.

My beans are fine....jumping up to high-five me already. Again, this is not about me, grass.

BTW .boys things are changing and moving back stateside.  More and more patients and CG's and opting out of using over seas vendors.  People are especially sick of packages getting seized in Chicago.

Lots of breeders packs can and are being obtained stateside thru various diff channels.  There is even a seed bank located here in MI.

For the person who deleted my comments...that's really funny....back to my regularly scheduled program.  Silly fooligans. 

Edited by motorcitymeds

poor breeders shipping within (markemory) the U.S. are vulnerable to prosecution.

you could just go straight to the breeder website, like tga, @ http://tgagenetics.com/, select the state you're in, and choose the distributor from your state, pick them up or call them. There are six listed at their site. Most breeders have their own site to check out. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I just got home from work and found the two seeds in the mail that had been shorted on an earlier order that did get through.  They put them in a handwritten envelope from a different posting.  So I'd venture to say they are legit outfit with good intentions, but we were both a "victim of the system".  I would guess that its just time for them to change their packaging, return addresses etc. to avoid these problems.  Surely customs figures out who the senders are, identifies the packaging and tells their employees to watch for it.  And they got emails back to me within 12 hours each time too....so I really have to give them credit for that.  

I think I will do as you said grassmatch and try another load.  I'm glad I had three small orders and two of them got thru at least.  I really think they are a good outfit with a great selection and cheap shipping.  They just have to tweak their shipping practices to avoid these problems for them as well as us. But I will try to just stay local from now on.  I will post the results of the next small order to use the credit, but it might be awhile since I will wait for one of their special deals to use it up and roll the dice again.  

Thanks for the support.  Again....I really think they are a reputable company.  But they have to change up their mailing tactics.  They have been busted.  

Well...that plan does not seem to have worked.  I received notice of shipment Jan 23rd....and still nothing.  I fully expect another empty packet with a letter from customs dept. of agriculture again in about a week.  Time to stay local and just write off my losses. 

"

We are having technical issues with our payment system. We can only accept cash payments and we offer 20% off cash orders at the moment.

We hope to be able to process payments with Visa debit/credit cards over the phone tomorrow.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Just got this email.

Dear Customer, because of the recent problems with the payment system we have launched a new seed shop where we can accept payments online. If you are already an Attitude Seedbank customer, you can sign in with the same login details. Please note there is a different telephone number and the email address supporting the sales made on The Choice Seedbank. Both shops will be running alongside and we will do our best to offer various promotions on both websites.

https://www.choice-cannabis-seeds.com/newsletter.php

• 2 weeks later...