To Flush Or Not To Flush

donnachris

To Flush or Not to Flush  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should I flush my plants

I switch from General Hydropnoics FloraNova to the Lucas Method. I had been ph'ing to 6.5 and changed it because the person that switched my nutes told me I should be ph'ing between 5.6 - 6.2 so I was. Well my plants started suffering they were in lock-out because of the ph. Now what should I do?

I am in Pro-Mix BX, Dyna-Pro Bloom and Mag-Pro, 1000 Watt Hps in flower, 1000 watt MH in veg.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Pro mix is soiless, which is fine. Whats the run off ph coming out at and ppms ?? 5.5 to 6.5 will be fine so run it a tad high if wanting to target say cal more. Running at 6.5 is pk and if they looked good at that then go back. I run soiless at 6.2 and my run off at 1200ppms is about 6.0... perfect.....................

Higher the ppms the lower the ph will go so if your coming out way low then ya prolly over fed them. You run off ppms will tell ya that anyways.

I switch from General Hydropnoics FloraNova to the Lucas Method. I had been ph'ing to 6.5 and changed it because the person that switched my nutes told me I should be ph'ing between 5.6 - 6.2 so I was. Well my plants started suffering they were in lock-out because of the ph. Now what should I do?

I am in Pro-Mix BX, Dyna-Pro Bloom and Mag-Pro, 1000 Watt Hps in flower, 1000 watt MH in veg.

flush em and go back to what was working for ya! <_<

Here is a link to a good thread about Dyna Grow products, Disregard the title of the thread Dyna-Gro vs Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur AK47 Grow. I don't want to start a 100 page thread of bickering about which nutrient companies is better. The author of the thread (Homebrewer) is very knowledgeable on Dyna Grows line and using it to its optimum level. Suggested ppm levels appropriate mix ratios etc It's just a pretty good article in general.

www.rollitup.org/grow-journals/429438-dyna-gro-vs-advanced-nutrients.html

nova is understood to be lucas in a single bottle, or there abouts, and both are the gh lines... when u switched, did your overall nute strength change? (are u using a ppm/ec meter?) my first thought is that if you mixed true lucas, it is a bit hot compared to what you were running before, and that might be the issue. can't really say w/o more info though.

also, the 6.5 is a much better range to be in w the promix... usually, that's all u will need to do is pH in the 6.3-6.5 range & it works itself out w the lime & all. did you ever measure your run-off pH & ppm's? it's a pretty good idea for you to check if having questions regarding this, but i do know people that run the promix in the 5.8 range & claim no issues. if it's really acidic, 5.4 or lower, then sure, you can have uptake issues... or if it is coming out 7.0+... otherwise, doubtful you have pH related lockout... in the promix that is.

pics are worth a thousand words. ;-)

I ph'd the flush water at 6.5 but I did not feed them when I flushed them. They each got fed one gallon of nutrients yesterday morning when I seen what they looked like.

Yes, the UK Cheese is at 5 weeks three days and the Lemon Cake is at 6 weeks one day.

get that mag pro in there at 5 mil per gal.....STAT!!

get that mag pro in there at 5 mil per gal.....STAT!!

I did, I sent one gallon through in the morning when I saw what she looked like. A lot of it went through the plant into the cath pan otherwise I would have given her more. Now I am going to wait till she drys out a bit.

Archived