High Cbd Strain

purklize

I'm interested in high CBD straisn like cannatonic, but I know most of the seeds are low CBD, the pheno with high CBD isn't so common... does anyone have a clone of one that's been tested in a lab and confirmed to have high CBD levels? I guess we all could probably tell because the effects would be pretty different, but it'd be good to be sure... the placebo effect is more powerful than we think.

Thanks!! :thumbsu:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in high CBD straisn like cannatonic, but I know most of the seeds are low CBD, the pheno with high CBD isn't so common... does anyone have a clone of one that's been tested in a lab and confirmed to have high CBD levels? I guess we all could probably tell because the effects would be pretty different, but it'd be good to be sure... the placebo effect is more powerful than we think.

Thanks!! :thumbsu:

I am gettin ready to cut some G3sin the next couple weeks, good CBD levels in all the plants and a good THC level too. There is also seed available.

Haven't had the levels recorded on the mother plant but the entire line is oil producer. be more than happy to help a fellow patient out if I can.

still gettin used to this forum but I'm gettin it now...

I am looking for the same thing in SE michigan. I am about to order some cannatonic seeds. Only one in four are high cbd, so that means growing all ten fem seeds and then having them all tested. But that may be the route to go...at least I know what I would have.

But if anyone knows where there is a good strain high CBD low THC PLEASE let me know.

If I can convince the crew we still have 1 confirmed 1:1 strain that took 3rd place at Belle Isle Compassion Clubs caregiver competition, and another unconfirmed but from seeing and smoking as many as I have, pretty sure its a 2:1. If we ever use the GC again, its just sitting around lol, then I can confirm it.

I emailed applied analytical who performed the tests on the 1:1 as to why they hadn't posted the results. I'll check to see if I got an email back yet.

If I get the ok, we have seeds and clones, and the seeds generally turn out 4:1 (4 CBD Dominant, 1 THC Dominant) for phenos. The ratios can be wild though. Clones may be better, but I've played the clone game before and as I said when I stopped releasing genetics I had, 10 bucks is NOT worth 10 years of building relationships to get breeders and breed to get these strains.

• 4 weeks later...

There's not cannabinoids to any significant degree if that's what you're wondering. But no, we have never tested them.

How much would you charge for a comparison of four samples from different areas of the same plant, trichs, buds, leaves and roots? Just trying to figure out what's where.

Has anyone ever tested the juiced leaves of a known high CBD strain?

I saw a video recently that promoted a 100-1000x amount of CBDa (acid) in the juiced leaves than in the buds.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28754

Can CBD's be increased environmentally to produce more CBD's? Say adjusting the length of time in flower, tempature or nutrients?

How much would you charge for a comparison of four samples from different areas of the same plant, trichs, buds, leaves and roots? Just trying to figure out what's where.

Our tests are normally $40/each. Buy 4, get 1 free. If you'd like to have some quantitative data regarding the distribution for your own plants, we could perform all 4 for $100.

Has anyone ever tested the juiced leaves of a known high CBD strain?

I saw a video recently that promoted a 100-1000x amount of CBDa (acid) in the juiced leaves than in the buds.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=28754

Can CBD's be increased environmentally to produce more CBD's? Say adjusting the length of time in flower, tempature or nutrients?

Your best bet for obtaining CBD-rich material is to explore the genetics of strains reported to be high in CBD. Only a small fraction of the seeds will actually end up being CBD-rich though. Environmental factors have minimal influence at best. All of the CBD in a growing plant should be in the CBDA form regardless of whether looking at the leaves or the buds. I'm very familiar with the works of Kristin and Dr. William Coutney, they're great folks! I had the pleasure of meeting them a couple of years back at a 420 University event in Kalamazoo and look forward to seeing them again at the "Patients out of Time" Medical Cannabis Clinical Conference this spring in Tucson, AZ (www.medicalcannabis.com/Clinical-Conferences/2012-tucson-az).

I already have a plant producing 4.81% CBD, and 3.5% THC, how can I get more CBD? More CBD acid in the leaves raw?

I'm going to have this strain tested at 7, 8 (have), 9, 10, 11, and 12 weeks.

Do you think the THC/CBD ratio will/can be affected?

I already have a plant producing 4.81% CBD, and 3.5% THC, how can I get more CBD? More CBD acid in the leaves raw?

I'm going to have this strain tested at 7, 8 (have), 9, 10, 11, and 12 weeks.

Do you think the THC/CBD ratio will/can be affected?

The THC:CBD may fluctuate depending upon the stage of development but I doubt it would be significant. I haven't seen any solid data on this phenomenon though. I would say your best bet to get more CBD is to improve overall potency through adjustment of horticultural practices since the total cannabinoids are less than 10%. However I also think it's important that people not dismiss strains that have lower potency values especially when they have unique profiles like this because for some, a lower potency strain might be just what they need.

The THC:CBD may fluctuate depending upon the stage of development but I doubt it would be significant. I haven't seen any solid data on this phenomenon though. I would say your best bet to get more CBD is to improve overall potency through adjustment of horticultural practices since the total cannabinoids are less than 10%. However I also think it's important that people not dismiss strains that have lower potency values especially when they have unique profiles like this because for some, a lower potency strain might be just what they need.

Dead on.

From what I've witnessed, genetics plays a large role in the ratio, with environment being secondary. Total cannabinoids are some what reversed with environment playing a larger role than genetics to a lesser extent (not trying to say you can get mexi shwag to hit 20% by any means here, I'm referring to most solid genetics out there).

You see this is at cups, where 3 or 4 growers submit the exact same cut, but get very different results. Total flowering time, nutrient regimens, cure time, etc.

Cure time can have a huge role in the total cannabinoids if the material didn't receive the best of flushes. I don't think I could ever flush enough.

Water cured herb versus 1 month cured, same flush, water cure was any where from 3-7% higher vs air cure. But you also lost a lot of terpenes to the water so that effects the test as well.

All testing methods other than that new quantacann thing steep hill made are based off of weight. Even that new machine may still be based off weight, haven't seen all the specs on it. So it only make sense that plant material weighing the same, but one contains less chlorophyll (longer cure/water cure/awesome flush) which means more cannabinoids are present by weight.

I at first thought environment didn't play a role in the ratio at all, but I'm seeing tests that contradict that theory. What has caused these fluctuations isn't immediately apparent however.

Thanks for sharing this info, that's really interesting... too bad it costs so much to get testing done. What would be interesting would be to know if the same cut in the same grow varies with each run...

It does to some extent. Buds closest to the lamps will generally have better results than those further away, even within the same cuts.

Archived