Trichome Color

donnachris

Obviously the first color it is is clear. Then it goes to cloudy. Right now I am at between 40 - 60 % cloudy. What is my next step?? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Am I supposed to stop feeding now?? Am I supposed to stop treating with Azamax and Mite-Rid now. Please help me aas I was told that these plants were going to run ten weeks and its only been six weeks. What is the next step??

Donna,

Sometimes it can be difficult to attain a high ratio of amber trichomes growing indoors. It is strain specific to some extent also. It is possible that your buds will start deteriorating before you get 50% amber. At 6 weeks however, you don't have much to worry about. At the point where you have no new pistils developing and all the stigmas have changed color, you should watch the trichomes carefully with you microscope. If the trichomes start deteriorating such as a withered appearance or the little round globes start disappearing at a faster rate than new ones are forming it is probably time to harvest. I suspect it will be closer to the 10 weeks that you were told, but since I have never grown this strain I am not the authority on it. It is all a mater of personal preference, but if you want a more narcotic effect I suggest 30% or better amber. Just like if you leave a pear or an apple on the tree too long, it will go bad. The same applies to Cannabis, if you wait too long to harvest, you can actually lose potency. I don't think you are in any danger of this happening right now, but at the 9-10 week point you will want to pay close attention. Try and keep any type of insect spray off the buds, I don't use any in flower but if you have bugs you must do something. Try and stop all spraying as far before harvest as possible, if the buds are still growing don't stop feeding the plants until you are ready to flush. If I am shooting for 30% amber which is normally what I go for, I start flushing at about 10% amber. This usually gives me 10 to 14 days of straight water before harvest. My best results have been not to harvest before almost all of the trichomes have turned milky, and for pain relief and sleep I believe the more amber the better.

Edit: If your camera will take a good close-up of your trichomes, we would be able to give you much better feedback.

Not all cameras will take that type of picture though.

@ Mike44.....Which strains are you running that can attain 30 percent amber?

Thanks, Taj

Big Buddha Cheese, Dutch Passion Blueberry, Dutch Passion Durban Poison, Dinafem California Hash Plant, Unknown Purple Kush, Unknown Strawberry Kush, G13 Pineapple express, Samsara Spicy White Devil (this one can be difficult to get more than 10%), Dinafem Blue Hash Plant, Unknown Skywalker and a few others. Had trouble with Maui Waui getting more than 10% so I gave up. Most of the Indica dominant strains I have tried will go 30% before they start backsliding.

I have only had a hand full of strains go that much amber while still growing..ive noticed that with most of the strains i have, almost all of them will turn milky/white but wont go amber even at 11 weeks on an 8 week strain.amber is cbn, milky is thc..that being said, most strains have very little cbn...but I have noticed that some strains, after cutting them and a few days drying will have a SIGNIFICANT amount of amber trichs on them as long as most of them are milky/white when i harvest.

Big Buddha Cheese, Dutch Passion Blueberry, Dutch Passion Durban Poison, Dinafem California Hash Plant, Unknown Purple Kush, Unknown Strawberry Kush, G13 Pineapple express, Samsara Spicy White Devil (this one can be difficult to get more than 10%), Dinafem Blue Hash Plant, Unknown Skywalker and a few others. Had trouble with Maui Waui getting more than 10% so I gave up. Most of the Indica dominant strains I have tried will go 30% before they start backsliding.

Thank you thank you!!

If it has no amber i wont cut....ive only grown out about 50 strains just about 12 years experience between outdoors and in...... dont even think about chopping a plant at six weeks. there are VERY few strains that finish that fast....i keep hearing all this talk please people stop picking ur meds so early its garbage in mo.....ak 47 isnt done in 47 days, nor is ak 48....if the breeder says 8 weeks, i check trichs at 8 weeks. breeders want to make a sale, coffee shops sell commercial bs....picked way to early :notfair: there are a few strains/phenos..picking ur stuff early hurts u hurts ur patients and it cost u in the long run. patience is the key

ok, so I went down and tried to take a picture of the cloudy trichs this morning and guess what I saw...I saw amber trichs and I even saw some that were so dark they were almost dark brown but I couldn't get a good picture. I'm trying to get a fellow grower to come look at them for me. He has a few grows under his belt.

Hey MCRAVEN469 can you please text me or get ahold of me somehow. I'd like it if you could come over and look at my trichs and give me your opinion.

Archived