Beaumont Hospital Doesn't Recognize Medical Marijuana

My girlfriend (YooperGirl) has been traveling from the UP to William Beaumont hospital for three years to get medical care. Today they told her at the William Beaumont Pain Clinic on Coolidge in Royal Oak that they no longer recognize Medical Marijuana and that she needs to stop smoking marijuana or they will not give her any more medications and she has to pass urine test. Does anyone know anything about this. Like I said she has been going there for three years straight, no problems.

My girlfriend (YooperGirl) has been traveling from the UP to William Beaumont hospital for three years to get medical care. Today they told her at the William Beaumont Pain Clinic on Coolidge in Royal Oak that they no longer recognize Medical Marijuana and that she needs to stop smoking marijuana or they will not give her any more medications and she has to pass urine test. Does anyone know anything about this. Like I said she has been going there for three years straight, no problems.

Oh we have heard of this many many times with Toreys cancer Doc and he also said the only way he would give her a Rec is if she had only 2 weeks left to live

What good would that do? If I was gonna die in two weeks why would I care about a possession charge? It would barely even make it to the state by then. What POS doctor that is to let some one suffer right up until they are gonna die then be allowed a couple days relief. Especially since the relief that could be acquired might extend someone's life.

Henry ford hospitals main campus pain clinic tried this BS on me i threatened to sue and the head clinic supervisor came and talked to me and gave them the go ahead to give me my spine injection the feds have all medical personnel running scared with their threats of federal prosecution. <_<

Henry ford hospitals main campus pain clinic tried this BS on me i threatened to sue and the head clinic supervisor came and talked to me and gave them the go ahead to give me my spine injection the feds have all medical personnel running scared with their threats of federal prosecution. dry.gif

sorry man

i threatened to sue but you would need a boat load of money just to file

and i do think their may be a new law here in Mich that you can not sue any Hospital here

Blowmont is one of the worst hosp IMO i hear their commercials on the radio 50x a day..they sit there and Spread fear into the people daily with their commercials... I will never go to a hospital let alone a regular doc there isnt one thing out that can cannot be cured buy Medical cannabis or a warm glass of cognac with a twist of lemon :thumbsu: been doing it for years! last time i was in a hosp /doc was 15 + years ago

After a few doctors and surgeries up here in the woods, she decided that Beaumont wasn't that far away and a trip down to the D once a month isn't a bad thing. Now what? Health care is expensive, but no health care and bad health care is pretty costly also. She intends to try the oil and try to back off the meds, but that isn't what we are talking about here, and she shouldn't be forced to do that either. What Beaumont is doing is wrong and not all hospitals will go along with this. I hope.

You're just being funny, right? It is funny, what you are saying, I guess.

There are likely more than a few on here whose lives have been saved by doctors, too, even at Beaumont. Mine is one of them, multiple times. I don't like to go to the hospital, but when I need to go, I go, and I have no other choice.

And I am glad they are there even though I end up owing them a lot of money each time.

I am not saying there aren't issues, but saying stuff like that, well, it is ignorant. Most of us depend on our doctors as much or more than cannabis.

im not saying that all people should do this, just in my case if you believe doctors can help i have no problem with that, IMO i don't trust a single doctor, hell i wont even take asprin everything i eat drink is organic/herbal if i want steak i load up the 30/6 and go blow a deers head off and cook it up

My online name is Gladstoned. I am speaking about my girlfriend not me. I do not take prescription drugs even though my name implies that I do in fact get high. When I am stoned, I am glad. Sorry to those that thought this was a thread to obtain pills or something (response to PM).

I was simply trying to let other patients know.

After a few doctors and surgeries up here in the woods, she decided that Beaumont wasn't that far away and a trip down to the D once a month isn't a bad thing. Now what? Health care is expensive, but no health care and bad health care is pretty costly also. She intends to try the oil and try to back off the meds, but that isn't what we are talking about here, and she shouldn't be forced to do that either. What Beaumont is doing is wrong and not all hospitals will go along with this. I hope.

The wording of the act prohibits this patients are not to be penalized or sanctioned in any way for medical use of cannabis . I have known this discrimination existed since being a severe chronic pain patient . We have no proper inpatient detoxification program for pain patients in our State The ones that exist are zero tolerance and often run by ex addicts whom found other ways to control their pain .

Ironically cannabis can be one of the major aides in muting symptoms while weaning off other medications as well as a beneficial adjunctive medicine that allows people to tolerate medications they could not alone .

Cold turkey is barbaric , dangerous and pointless to be used against pain patients though periodic weaning often is necessary to maintain benefit and comfort . Often people need support during these times that can be extensive . Most people in the decision process of Government have never experienced intolerable mental and physical pain that cannot be resolved often due to injuries also effecting hormones and little understood bodily functions of the nervous system and organs .

It is so sad to see patients abused and stressed in this manner . Part of the problem pushing Doctors in this direction besides the DEA is the fact your removed from any chance of being reintroduced into the work force if your a cannabis patient by prior zero tolerance legislation . It is obvious Michigan Voters established the belief of medicinal use in Michigan so that needs to change for qualified patients . I just do not understand how any Doctor that took the Hippocratic oath could do this to a patient . There are many deaths each year attributed to the stress of cold turkey either directly or indirectly.

This has to stop it is so sad taking stable patients ( or as stable as they can be in their health situation ) and manipluating them like this . I have seen people resort to surgery and other worse options when their pain escalates from lack of treatment . There is no reason to change treatment because of the inclusion of cannabis in a medicinal routine . I am so sorry for people being put in this situation and live in fear daily of even going to a hospital or pain clinic any more for treatment . Patients should not have this stress on them being used as political pawns whose suffering is inconsequential .

Perhaps your title should read "Beaumont PAIN CLINIC Doesn't Recognize Medical Marijuana"

I have Beaumont Doctors and have visited their Royal Oak ER. I have been up front about my Medical Marijuana usage and have they never had a problem with it, but like another poster said, they do not want to sign off on the forms.

I went to pain clinic in Ann Arbor for my condition and was told I was to discontinue all other medication including Medical Marijuana. It was explained to me that they did not have an ethical problem with MMJ, however if I were to continue in their program that I would only be allowed to take the pain meds they prescribed me in the program.

The program did not work for me of course, all they did was pump me full of fist fulls of pharmas. If anything I think the chemical cocktails they had me on exasperated my condition. That being said, good luck to the OP's girllfriend. I hope she find relief.

Peace

Its a pain clinic you sign an agreement to not receive any other pain medicine from any other people they can do it, it sucks but technically it was a violation of contract. Did they know about it prior? Are they the ones giving it to her?

those are important for the situation

Its a pain clinic you sign an agreement to not receive any other pain medicine from any other people they can do it, it sucks but technically it was a violation of contract. Did they know about it prior? Are they the ones giving it to her?

those are important for the situation

you sign an agreement to not receive any other pain medicine from any other people they can do it, that is true here in delta county if you were geting pk from them and went and got meds from a new doc when you are under contract. they will bust you for doc shoping, me i had to wate till mine ran out befor geting my card. at lest now i am not usen the meds they gave me was doing so many it could have sunk a battle ship 16perks 14viks and 6oxy a day now i dont use any at all

you sign an agreement to not receive any other pain medicine from any other people they can do it, that is true here in delta county if you were geting pk from them and went and got meds from a new doc when you are under contract. they will bust you for doc shoping, me i had to wate till mine ran out befor geting my card. at lest now i am not usen the meds they gave me was doing so many it could have sunk a battle ship 16perks 14viks and 6oxy a day now i dont use any at all

She stayed with the pain clinic so she never had to worry about her meds. She has seen doctors in Delta county, but never received any pain killers. That is all linked through the computer systems. I don't think you can get different meds from different doctors like that. Anyway she has had crohns for twenty years and has always told all of her doctors that she smoked cigarettes and weed. Honestly, how can you lie to your doctor? Or why anyway? She has called a few other clinics and they told her that she wouldn't have any trouble with them, but they both said that they would not sign for her card. Of course her main doctor through Beaumont is on vacation and he is fine with her marijuana use and it will be interesting to hear what he says. Maybe he will also say, take the Marinol scrip and don't worry about it. Hard to tell.

Archived