Lil Help Drying

Ezrah

Hey Folks, I am wondering if anyone has experience with using a humidor for final curing. I have a drying rack and grow a lot of kush so that is dense buds and very sticky. I do all you should in curing rack them for a few days and then Jar them and uncap them to let them air out till they finish curing up and become stable humidity wise, then seal jars up for good, keep them in dark place all that good stuff. I am just wondering if anyone has racked them and then gone into a humidor with a electronic humidistat, instead of the old jaring them method.

I have a friend that is moving and has a large chest humidor and thinking about using it.

The other thing Cigars are kept at 68% - 70% humidity, this sounds really high to me for Canabus. I know how my buds should feel in the jar and when I can stop taking the lid off to let humid air out but I can't imagine that is at or near 70% or am I wrong here, I have never measured it, other then by feel. Humidors with electronic humidity controls come preset at 70% and I am going to guess that is way to humid.

So any thoughts here or input welcome. So I guess I am asking can I use a free humidor to make life simpler or am I way off with this idea.

regards, Ez

My box ran 68 degrees at 46% r/h and slow cured them to perfection. I'd jar too but wasn't needed as the meds where good both ways. 5 to 7 days in the box and perfect, not to dry and not to wet and super sticky... If jarred then they came out at the end of day 3 and went another 7 in the jars. Yum, nothen like fresh meds :jig: :jig:

My box ran 68 degrees at 46% r/h and slow cured them to perfection. I'd jar too but wasn't needed as the meds where good both ways. 5 to 7 days in the box and perfect, not to dry and not to wet and super sticky... If jarred then they came out at the end of day 3 and went another 7 in the jars. Yum, nothen like fresh meds :jig: :jig:

Did you run a dehumidifier in you box to maintain the 46%?

Yeah sort of, box drew thur intake room held at 46 so maintained same thru dry box. Venting fan had controller to keep temp and flow and r/h. You could use one but really don't need it if the box is big enough and flow is good. I exhausted thru the chimmy so smell was not to bad. Well sometimes. Hard to hide that amount of smell lol

• 2 weeks later...

Once its gets down below freezing outside again humidity shouldn't be a problem at all and you should be able to dry them just about anywhere. Once its freezing outside, all the moisture in the air is frozen. If your hands are dry, lips chapped, then yo plants will dry just as good in these winter months. You'll have to get a dehuey or have some fancy tricks come summer again though.

Ever had meds that had been jarred for 6 months or longer? I believe that you will find that once the chlorophyll is completely gone from the meds, you will find a new appreciation of 'well cured' meds. Peace ... j.b.

when I harvest my plants I let them hang up on a "close line" that I have on the sealing of my room, they hang for a few days wile Im triming for the good hash, then after abought 2-3 days the buds are dry and the stems snap you can pick a bud off the next day and smoke it with no problem with they way it burns or taste. I run a dehumidity at 55% at all times in the room and that seams to work great for me, they even have light thats on them from the lights when there on and when I turn on the bedroom light on to go in and get stuff from the room or working in the room

mc

Archived