Is This Web Site Prejudiced?

I received a PM from Donnachris today saying that if I wanted to be taken serious on this site I should change my online name cuz it suggests I am a recreational user.

Apparently I must have been a joke before, but if I change my name then I'm OK. Is this the stance this website takes?

I use medicinally, but so what? Is the medical marijuana community really going to be prejudiced against the recreational user. These are legal terms, and some of us have been getting high more than 3 years in Michigan. I'd love to know what others that use primarily this site think.

I don't care what you call yourself.

Thank You Blueberry. From what I understand you run or help run this site. I honestly can't believe the PM is received from her. I got mad at the site, cuz she seems friends with everyone, so I figured, first let me see if others feel that way. I want to inform and help, not bring division.

Personally, I think this is a medical site, not a site about getting high. Now I certainly don't care if someone wants to get high, I believe they should be able to make that choice as a responsible adult. I think the government should have no right to intervene, barring the case where someone is getting hurt because of it. It does however bother the crap out of me when recreational users use medical marijuana for cover. I'm not saying you are doing this either, but some people do and right now that hurts those medical patients who need to use marijuana to have a tolerable life. My feelings are that everyone is welcome here unless they are causing harm to the medical marijuana community.

Thank You everyone. But telling me I should change my name and that I would be better off going to a compassion center up here instead of making the trip to Jackson does not fall under the warm welcome sign.

I have used a long time, and this wouldn't be the first place I was kicked out of. lol

Regardless of her problem, I take offense to the "change your name and don't come back" advice. lol.

Like I said, I didn't think I caused any harm. Didn't know if maybe I accidentally typed something wrong or what.

As far as recreational use. I do use recreationally. I also use medically. I have a very bad back from building houses for twenty years. I also use beer recreationally. Not as much. I support the cause and the movement. I help patients and I help people that aren't patients. If someone with cancer doesn't have their card, I will let everyone of you know that I will give that cancer patient a joint. Regardless of their name, color, sex, etc.

If this was a online poker site, maybe my name would be high roller? Hopefully only a few would care.

I too do not care what you call yourself. True to the fact this is a medical cannabis website and that is how I view it. But, It is not my business to tell anyone that they can or cannot use the plant. And I know that you were talked to about perception and not actual use but you know what I mean. I mean it was GOD given.

Fact is some of us have used cannabis medically way before anyone else recognized the facts. Recreational user or not as long as you do not come between me and my law then to each his own.

It's kinda like the whole "Don't wear your tie dye so that people will perceive you different" type of thing. Don't ask me to change who I am so that others will be more accepting. Flaunting the recreational use to the point of damage is one thing but it has to go to that level to make me see any different.

I got the whole change your name thing when I started comming around,, & I was sad those ppl didn't like RandomStoner.. But I've been RandomStoner for over ten years online,started with diablo & went on and on from there.. so when the choose a screen name came about I naturally went to this name...BTW the ppl that didn't like my name don't come around anymore...or just haven't seen them.

Sometimes people are over zealous with enthusiasm on some issues

Sometimes they had a bad day

and sometimes they may be high

Don't take it personal

The Market in Jackson would make you feel more welcome than anywhere else in the state

No dispensary pricing unlike some nameless compassion centers/clubs

Thus the exuberance

The interest is also a way of showing BB support

as opposed to touting other places who have been less than supportive of Joe's efforts

my 2 cents

I hear you and I appreciate it. I was shocked. I use this name on the Upper Michigan Source website. That is a newssite and nobody ever said anything on there!!

I just wanted to see what others thought. I was told on rollitup, that this was one big click and I said I doubt it because people don't stick together anymore. lol.

The medicinal user was the recreational user a few years ago. How does the medical community look down on the recreational user? That is utter insanity. This fight has been fought by the recreational user for decades. Anyone that uses should be on the same page. Who is the judge? Ten years ago, if I had a long stressful day at work, I would go home and smoke a fatty and have a beer. Is that recreational or medical? I could argue both sides all day long. Working all day and burning one and having a beer to forget about it, isn't recreation. Both terms are thrown around losely. It is nice to know everyone doesn't feel the same way as she does. I am glad I asked.

Well since this is a medical website should we not try to portray ourselves as such? :unsure:

The moniker stoner or stoned sure seems to portray a cannabis worship site how are we suppose to change how the public and politicians view us if we insist on using a name that has nothing to do with being a medical marijuana patient?

Take it anyway you like but also remember image is everything in this world.

Dude take with a grain of salt, I would always look at the intention of the person and like Blue said I think the suggestion came form a person that is mindful of perceptions and concerned about preserving all of our rights, live laugh and have fun. I don't think it was a suggestion meant to upset you, well intended people my friend

Warm regards,

for the first part thats not true in all cases, there are many first time mmj patients seeking relief with cannabis for the very first time in their lives. for the second part its not that the "medical community" looks down on all rec users, just the ones that pose as patients behind the guise of our card, i have nothing against rec using or legalization but thats a different fight and so the rec users should go fight it and stop hiding behind our law making things bad for sick people trying to use their medication in peace.

Q.

I guess I worded that wrong. What I was saying is before the law we were all recreational in the eyes of the law. We fought together to get this far, then don't expect me to now say, OK recreational user - Good Luck. I don't see a difference. Am I expected to turn my back on the recreational user because now when I get stoned my back no longer hurts? How could a person have that view if they got stoned before they ever had a medical reason. I am pro medical marijuana, pro-marijuana.

So what does my name mean?

Please watch the Clarification video of St. Police Lt.

He said the same thing of us.

They sat outside the disp. in Lansing for

a year and came up with "They don't look sick"

His first statment was I call it "dope".

He even said he has been here. Joked about a delivery ad.

We fall into there trap every day. To judge people by a name is wrong.

Its hard not to swing back when you get hurt.See a plan?

Divided we fall.

What happened to our freedom? Name police next?

Sorry for the rant.

I still love this site too.

"The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws

if their personal security is threatened".

- Josef Stalin (Bill Schutte)

Psssst

BTW

The clique thing

If ya try and be a good person

Hang out and participate

Not pimpin your self to much LOL

Well,

I think your already in itangel.gif

lol. I may be pimpin myself.

It's like this. I've been to countless dispensaries. Many of the websites, and I am blown away by some of the thought processes of the medical marijuana community. And some people think if you take anything at all for your meds you are a greedy pos. I went to this sight and everything is like overly hugging and kissing, but then I get these PM from people, and then there are indeed people that get upset that medical marijuana and getting stoned are associated. It is hilarious. But on other threads the same people are talking about getting ripped off meds, edibles, oils, HUH?????? So I guess I did pimp myself and ask, what do the other people on this site think. At least I started a different thread

not that my opinion means much in this sitution, but to toss in a 3rd party view so to speak.

(one that i can understand considering the thread i posted earlier this year. It didn't get a lot of responce, but had a fair amount of views i think)...

I would say this is a perception issue.

like opines, we all perceive things differently, dependent on how it effects us personally.

without getting into a 3 page philosophical post, i would only say, perhaps the message was well intended, but had a awkward delivery...

as i mentioned above, i posted a thread as a new user. When i joined the MMMA, I seen a lot of the names with the humorous twist to cannabis.

for instance, im an on line gamer. i play BF3 now. my gamer tag is

ready for it?

Maj. Lee A. Stoner

lol. But. heres a viewpoint i hold near and dear.

im gaming online. its my escape playground

what i do there that doesnt get me banned from playing on the servers is war is hell, whatever goes goes. lol

but here on the 3MA< i have to wear a different hat. well 2 actuall. My own, and the 3MA Mod beanie (can we get 3MA Beanie hats? I would like one if we have them available). also, this is my "real life" persona.

to me personally, its all boils down to personal view.

the post i put up was called

I use Medical Cannabis, I Dont, Smoke Pot.

the general gist of the thread was about perception. our own perception of ourselves, but also delved into how others would then translate our own projection.

basically put, my Maj Lee A Stoner gamer tag, would garner me NO good respect, or bring honor or practicality, or substance and virtue to my posts here, considering the nature of the 3MA website being a Politically Involved, Community Participating Organization putting itself out in the public view, and looking for respect and acceptance in the general public eye, in a political and controversial subject like cannabis, medical use or not...

personally, i would only think DonnaChris had good intentions, but maybe didnt phrase it right so it came off as a direct stab at you, opposed to a general thought on the nature of the name. That, and the way those who are on the outside looking in, may see the entire Medical Cannbis subject, and base thier perception of the names they see uses making.

if i use Maj Lee A Stoner as my user name here, How many of you would lend much credence to my posts, opposed to the name i have?

I would think a portion of the members wouldnt care less. but others would. but that is for members in the program, or looking to get in. so their perception of my name, doesnt mean 2 cents worth to their idea if medical cannabis is usefull or not.

But where John and Jane Q Public is concerned, If they seen a Moderator, of a Politically Organized Patient Advocacy Group, with my gamer user name, how much respect or credence would they, or Johny Law, or our beloved AG Billy Bong SchuItte would see it, and then use it against us.

like i said, its all perception, but more to the point. WHOs perception is more revavent than the actual perception of the issue.

as a disclamer, this is my own personal opinions. not that of the 3MA.

overall, i wouldnt take it as a personal attack, as i just dont see that coming from D/C, though it may of read that way.

this i can say as both a Mod and a Person.

BTW, It great to have you. Please dont think anyone is ganging up on you, or taking any sides. but being a politically charged site, and having the majority of its members being medical cannabis users, things like public opinion weigh heavy on anything cannabis. especially in the current time with BS and his bs, as well as the rest of the shitstorm we are seeing unfold in the world right now, i think everyone is a bit on edge, whether they will admit it or not. Add to that, the stats that show cannbis users are generaly on the upper level of intelligence charts, it can make for a lot of insightful and interesting reads.

heh. funny thing is, you ll find our members to be very active not only here on the forum, but in their communities as well, so its not uncommon to get 5 pages of post in 2 days on hot topics..

Make no mistake, we re happy to have you and all members.

i just have to keep reminding myself, it takes alot of different people to make a community...

not that my opinion means much in this sitution, but to toss in a 3rd party view so to speak.

(one that i can understand considering the thread i posted earlier this year. It didn't get a lot of responce, but had a fair amount of views i think)...

I would say this is a perception issue.

like opines, we all perceive things differently, dependent on how it effects us personally.

without getting into a 3 page philosophical post, i would only say, perhaps the message was well intended, but had a awkward delivery...

as i mentioned above, i posted a thread as a new user. When i joined the MMMA, I seen a lot of the names with the humorous twist to cannabis.

for instance, im an on line gamer. i play BF3 now. my gamer tag is

ready for it?

Maj. Lee A. Stoner

lol. But. heres a viewpoint i hold near and dear.

im gaming online. its my escape playground

what i do there that doesnt get me banned from playing on the servers is war is hell, whatever goes goes. lol

but here on the 3MA< i have to wear a different hat. well 2 actuall. My own, and the 3MA Mod beanie (can we get 3MA Beanie hats? I would like one if we have them available). also, this is my "real life" persona.

to me personally, its all boils down to personal view.

the post i put up was called

I use Medical Cannabis, I Dont, Smoke Pot.

the general gist of the thread was about perception. our own perception of ourselves, but also delved into how others would then translate our own projection.

basically put, my Maj Lee A Stoner gamer tag, would garner me NO good respect, or bring honor or practicality, or substance and virtue to my posts here, considering the nature of the 3MA website being a Politically Involved, Community Participating Organization putting itself out in the public view, and looking for respect and acceptance in the general public eye, in a political and controversial subject like cannabis, medical use or not...

personally, i would only think DonnaChris had good intentions, but maybe didnt phrase it right so it came off as a direct stab at you, opposed to a general thought on the nature of the name. That, and the way those who are on the outside looking in, may see the entire Medical Cannbis subject, and base thier perception of the names they see uses making.

if i use Maj Lee A Stoner as my user name here, How many of you would lend much credence to my posts, opposed to the name i have?

I would think a portion of the members wouldnt care less. but others would. but that is for members in the program, or looking to get in. so their perception of my name, doesnt mean 2 cents worth to their idea if medical cannabis is usefull or not.

But where John and Jane Q Public is concerned, If they seen a Moderator, of a Politically Organized Patient Advocacy Group, with my gamer user name, how much respect or credence would they, or Johny Law, or our beloved AG Billy Bong SchuItte would see it, and then use it against us.

like i said, its all perception, but more to the point. WHOs perception is more revavent than the actual perception of the issue.

as a disclamer, this is my own personal opinions. not that of the 3MA.

overall, i wouldnt take it as a personal attack, as i just dont see that coming from D/C, though it may of read that way.

this i can say as both a Mod and a Person.

BTW, It great to have you. Please dont think anyone is ganging up on you, or taking any sides. but being a politically charged site, and having the majority of its members being medical cannabis users, things like public opinion weigh heavy on anything cannabis. especially in the current time with BS and his bs, as well as the rest of the shitstorm we are seeing unfold in the world right now, i think everyone is a bit on edge, whether they will admit it or not. Add to that, the stats that show cannbis users are generaly on the upper level of intelligence charts, it can make for a lot of insightful and interesting reads.

heh. funny thing is, you ll find our members to be very active not only here on the forum, but in their communities as well, so its not uncommon to get 5 pages of post in 2 days on hot topics..

Make no mistake, we re happy to have you and all members.

i just have to keep reminding myself, it takes alot of different people to make a community...

goodjob.gifERrrrre

http://www.partychea...Ae_w&click=6103

Well said

PM me your size

I could be wrong, but when the MMMA first started up, was there not a policy that the MMMA did not want to get involved with promoting any agenda for legalizing, supporting or promoting recreational mj use, that it wanted to focus only on medical use? Well, not anymore, apparently.

To be sure, at one time I strongly supported keeping these two movements clearly separated because if the mmj community supports recreational use and makes it part of its agenda, it gives political opponents of medical mmj use a huge advantage in their arsenal of arguments against all mmj use, even against those who legitimately need and use it for medical use. It is a fact that some state officials are fixated on combating those who use the MMM Act as cover for profiting from the sale of mj to those who do really do not need it medically. We all know it’s true that a great deal of activity in the mmj community has nothing to do with medical use. I have come to accept, regrettably, the fact that medical and recreational use are inextricably intertwined and neither mmj advocates nor state lawmakers can do much about it, try as they might. The war on mj is a total failure and government officials need to accept this painful reality and throw in the towel and create regulations that can actually be enforced without causing more harm than good. It is a noble but loosing battle for mmj advocates to keep mmj and recreational use totally separated. The vast majority of those who post on this site believe it is wrong for anybody to be prosecuted for recreational use, let alone for abuse of the Act. Moreover, the mmj movement's mother is the recreational movement that preceded it by decades. On the other hand, I have little sympathy for those who are prosecuted for breaking the guidelines and limits contained in the Act that are clearly beyond legal dispute as regards interpretation of the law. For instance, it's just plain dumb to call excess medicine "overages" because this is an outright admission a person is OVER THE LEGAL LIMIT. Why not just use your brain a little bit and state "meds available"?

Along the same lines, I object to blatant, public statements by mmj users that they are also recreational users. I do not object to someone’s handle that may make allusions to recreational use, but I do object to a needlessly provocative in-your-face attitude about using mj recreationally. It isn’t necessary and also not very smart politically or smart pr. I am not suggesting people be hypocrites but that people be aware of how such language hands ammunition to opponents recklessly and needlessly. Those who err on the side of caution should be praised--not trashed. Alas, those who prefer to err on the side of recklessness are the majority who post on this site, as far as I can tell judging from a baseline of keeping recreational and medicinal use separate battles. Even so, I still think it is wise to urge posters to keep open talk of recreational use to a minimum on this site and stupid to do otherwise.

Kurt

correct Kurt. the 3MA is a Patient Advocacy Orginization, that by nature has policital ties. Being a Pt advocacy group (and caregivers ofcourse) our number one goal is Patient Access, safety and LACK of persecution for being sick, and choosing a Natural method they can survive from, IF the survive their illness.

ive always used medically, even when i though it was recreational, as i now look back with new perception, it was always medial use. but prior to Medical Cannabis Laws, we were just no good stoners and hippies. and while i do fit the 2nd, i am hardly the first..

which is really an oxymoron when one considers my online gamer tag. lol

but there im anonymous, and no one needs to know my medical history.

I know Donnacris personally ...

She's is a little CraZy ,

but She does have a Kind heart ... :bighug:

She may of said something , Only to warn You

that " Gladstoned " may receive some tough love from others ?

Only because People can be so Judgemental of Us

Medical Marijuana Patients ...

People will take one Person out of 5000 law abiding people

and will judge Us by that one persons actions ....

Remeber there is 9 million people in Michigan

Archived