Are Any Groups Pushing To Put Decriminalization On The Ballot?

Not aware of any. It was discussed for weeks ..

I note that there are a small percentage that would vote for decrim but not for full legal.

True... in November the metrotimes reported on a cbs news poll showing 73% support for decrim and 50% support for full legal.

http://metrotimes.com/mmj/ron-paul-says-stop-the-war-michigan-debates-strategy-1.1238677

I'm not looking to debate decrim vs legalization... just wondering if there is an effort going on.

I have seen posts from some of the websites that local activists are working on decriminalization bills in:

Jackson, Saginaw, Flint and Saugatuck/Douglas and of course the Detroit one if and when it gets out of the COA.

I'm kind of disappointed to hear that there isn't (yet) a state decrim initiative in the works. Although it's not an ideal situation, it is an improvement AND we definitely have the votes for it. Just need some group to kick it off. Seems like a real low-hanging fruit.

decrim can be done quite easily in some cases compared to out right legalization. alot more comes into play.

a large part why full leg DIDNT pass in Cali in 2010, is the majority of those growing, voted against it. there were alot of hidden losses, one being only perticular governmentally sanctioned grows would be legal, ie, only big money could set up legal grows... so it was voted down.

Makes one think did they add the big money only clause knowing it would be a nay vote? to decrim only needs an amendment to current judical/penalty laws, and an fairly easy reword of the PCH.

atleast how i understand it.

Archived