Legalize Marijuana?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There have been many many times in the last three years that officials have broken the criminal sections of the MMMMA.

Not one single one of them has been charged.

NO .. they are completely ignoring this law. Including the criminal actions committed by the police and courts.

There are NO CRIMINAL SECTIONS with the MMMA. If you don't assign penalties, they aren't criminal. The only recourse you have is to sue.

And just as I thought, after now reading the language of this repeal has ZERO penalties listed for a violation of this act.

What constitutes "incarceration"? Is parole or probation or bond considered incarceration? Incarceration means "trapped".

Once again, we have a poorly written bill that will be interpreted by our supreme court.\

I really don't know if I can get behind this at this point. I think Matt Abel needs to put the joint down when he drafts a constitutional amendment.

There are NO CRIMINAL SECTIONS with the MMMA. If you don't assign penalties, they aren't criminal. The only recourse you have is to sue.

And just as I thought, after now reading the language of this repeal has ZERO penalties listed for a violation of this act.

What constitutes "incarceration"? Is parole or probation or bond considered incarceration? Incarceration means "trapped".

Once again, we have a poorly written bill that will be interpreted by our supreme court.\

I really don't know if I can get behind this at this point. I think Matt Abel needs to put the joint down when he drafts a constitutional amendment.

You are mistaken. There are criminal penalties contained within the MMMA. Look at section 6(h).

You are mistaken. There are criminal penalties contained within the MMMA. Look at section 6(h).

Please... You know exactly what I was talking about , so don't try to play funny games. I meant criminal penalties for those who violate the rights of any medical marijuana patient for any reason. This only applies to those who break confidentiality rules and disclose information.

If it wasn't such a terrible law, it would have applied to anyone who DENIES anyone their right to use or possess medical marijuana.

Because there were no criminal penalties attached, this is one big reason why Bill Schuette easily got away with his legal opinion allowing state and local police officers to confiscate medical marijuana from patients, even if the patient broke no law.

Prepare for another four years of assaults on our medical marijuana law before we ever have a chance to fix what's wrong when this amendment goes up in smoke.

This will never pass, and I will not be supporting it as written.

You might want to change your profile tagline that says "We Will Defend The Sick", because that was never your intention to begin with.

That's nearly funny.

Prepare for another four years of assaults on our medical marijuana law before we ever have a chance to fix what's wrong when this amendment goes up in smoke.

This will never pass, and I will not be supporting it as written.

You might want to change your profile tagline that says "We Will Defend The Sick", because that was never your intention to begin with.

WOW! me nor Torey can not Defend are self for anothe 4 years let along the sick people here in Mich

WOW! me nor Torey can not Defend are self for anothe 4 years let along the sick people here in Mich

I know this is off topic, but can you manage to type a coherent sentence or use spell check or punctuation? It really undermines the credibility of anything you are trying to convey.

If we build this correctly, the initiative will pass. We must start the work now. Build the infrastructure and then execute. People didn't think it was possible to put thousands on the lawn, at the Capitol, on a weekday. We did it. it was because we built each piece. Insured the integrity of each part. Then we executed. That is what we will do now. I put in calls today to the key players in the legislature. I gave them the opportunity to speak with us before the hearings. That is a piece. There will be lot's of things that we do. They may not be directly related to the initiative, but they build a foundation for the advancement of the initiative. Let's all work together and put the government in it's place.

I want you folks to understand at some point the government will fire back. Their problem is that they have committed so many crimes against humanity. When we're through with them they will have no credibility and all the politicians that are participating will be destroyed. Play hard and play to win! Thanks, bb

hey bb are there any rallies coming up or being planned we dont have much time do we if the MMMA could be taken away from us in s little as 6 weeks? I'm writing,Im calling,I've registered to vote and be a volunteer for the petitions but like you said I want to keep the focus on the MMMA act 1st."Dont start the revolution without me">

Vote them (the politicians) out of office and take back the tax money that is paying LEO departments to undermine and defeat the laws (the MMM Act) that are voted into legislation by the voters of our state AND our country.

We are up against a 'legal / judiciary money machine' that stands to lose status, power and income if the 'cannabis / MMJ' laws are passed and become successful.

It's about the MONEY.... The 'laws' against MMJ / cannabis' are the front for a huge 'industry' called 'law enforcement'.

Vote them (the politicians) out of office and take back the tax money that is paying LEO departments to undermine and defeat the laws (the MMM Act) that are voted into legislation by the voters of our state AND our country.

We are up against a 'legal / judiciary money machine' that stands to lose status, power and income if the 'cannabis / MMJ' laws are passed and become successful.

It's about the MONEY.... The 'laws' against MMJ / cannabis' are the front for a huge 'industry' called 'law enforcement'.

you are so right

The Pulse of Midland County is an ongoing series of articles published in the Midland Daily News by Delta College students. It is also a service-learning project that is an assignment in an introductory statistics class. The content for the articles comes from student research and a phone survey of Midland County residents on contemporary issues.

Each semester in Jim Ham’s Elementary Statistics (MTH 208) classes students (1) identify several topics of interest and vote on the top two issues, (2) research and write survey questions on the two issues, (3) conduct a random phone survey of Midland County residents in the tenth week of the semester, (4) analyze and summarize the results of the survey, and (5) write an article suitable for publication in the Midland Daily News. This is the second article from the series. The first was published last Sunday.

The Michigan Medical Marijuana Act was approved by Michigan voters in November of 2008. This act allows doctors to prescribe marijuana as a medical treatment for various diseases including terminal cancer, HIV, AIDS, hepatitis C, multiple sclerosis and other debilitating diseases that cause severe nausea, vomiting, pain, muscle spasms, and seizures.

Medical marijuana in Michigan has been a debated topic for years. One of the top reasons why legalizing medical marijuana is opposed is because it is thought to increase youth drug usage. Some say it leads to using harder drugs such as heroin or cocaine. Marijuana currently lacks FDA approval, so many question its safety. Others question its necessity, especially when there are other drugs on the market that do have FDA approval for treating the same symptoms. Additionally, marijuana is thought to have addictive qualities that make the idea of legalizing its usage very distasteful.

Others, however, argue that marijuana is a safe and effective treatment option. Those in favor of medical marijuana say that it is actually less toxic than many prescription drugs. They argue that marijuana has been around for decades and there have been no reported serious side effects. They also agree that there are no other drugs that work in a similar manner in the body to relieve pain, nausea, and vomiting.

What are Midland County residents' opinions about medical marijuana? A recent survey conducted by students at Delta College suggests that residents may be more ready than you think.

When asked whether they thought that marijuana had medicinal qualities, approximately 78 percent of those surveyed agreed that marijuana has medical benefits. Approximately 80 percent agreed that doctors should be allowed to prescribe marijuana for medical uses.

Does this mean that we are going to make is easier for people to get marijuana for recreational purposes? Midland county residents think so. Sixty eight percent of respondents agreed that having a medical marijuana act in the state of Michigan makes it easier for people to get marijuana, even if they don't have a medical need. However, the response was overwhelming that marijuana should not be legal for recreational purposes. More than three quarters of those surveyed did not want marijuana legalized for recreational use. Interestingly, males were more than twice as likely as females to favor the legalization of marijuana for recreational use.

Since medical marijuana is legal in Michigan, dispensaries are appearing in many cities across the state. When asked whether they would be concerned about dispensaries opening in their area, a little over a quarter of those surveyed (29 percent) stated that they would be “very concerned” if a medical marijuana dispensary opened near other stores in their area. Among those who were “very concerned,” almost half were seniors. Generally speaking, the younger the respondent the less concern there is about medical marijuana dispensaries in the community.

In August, the Michigan Appeals court ruled that marijuana dispensaries conducting patient-to-patient sales are illegal. Dispensaries can now be shut down as a part of Michigan's public nuisance law. Even in light of recent news that dispensaries are being banned throughout the state, nearly 60 percent of residents agreed that dispensaries should not be banned in Midland County.

In conclusion, the people of Midland County do feel that there are medicinal benefits in using marijuana. Most people in Midland County feel that it should be legal to prescribe marijuana under a doctor's supervision. However, they do not agree with banning medical marijuana dispensaries in the area or making marijuana legal for recreational use.

Results are based on telephone interviews with 803 Midland County adults, aged 18 and older, conducted November 2, 4, & 7. For results based on the total sample of adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±3.5 percentage points. Interviews were conducted with respondents on land-line telephones. In addition to sampling error, question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of public opinion polls.

Works cited:

http://www.ourmidland.com/opinion/85453c12-3f2e-11e1-8ac3-001871e3ce6c.html

http://www.times-standard.com/guest_opinion/ci_19747644

Marijuana won't be legalized just because every other American smokes or eats it in some form. Think brownies, cookies, candy or cake.

Despite a record-high 50 percent of Americans saying they use marijuana and it should be made legal, it's still illegal.

The fact that an overwhelming majority of Americans are for legalization means absolutely nothing. The federal government, with its Orwellian logic, is unfazed by what Americans really want.

For those who don't know why marijuana is illegal in this country, it's because of politics and outright lies by a crazed anti-pot crusader named Harry J. Anslinger.

Many people assume that marijuana was made illegal through some kind of process involving scientific, medical and government hearings. Not even close. Banning pot was a political thing. For more history go to /www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/LIBRARY/studies/nc/nc2.htm.

The first federal vote to prohibit marijuana was based entirely on a documented lie on the floor of the Senate. Those who voted then got one side of the story based upon racism, fear, protection of corporate profits and yellow journalism inspired by Anslinger.

We can thank incompetent and/or corrupt legislators interested in personal career advancement and greed for the continued war on marijuana. Despite the medical findings associated with marijuana, it still hasn't been legalized nationwide.

Anslinger's propaganda still pulls weight among many legislators.

Politicians like to appear tough on crime and pass tougher penalties for marijuana possession. The taxpayers end up funding the pot propaganda while their speech on the subject is stifled by the corporate media.

Laws are passed based upon political contributions from corporations that profit from marijuana being illegal, like pharmaceuticals and alcohol.

So what makes me think that marijuana will be legal in America some day? I've written on this subject for two decades, and I've always made it a point to show why Big Pharma doesn't want marijuana legal.

Well, guess what? Big Pharma has taken a new course (perhaps they planned it this way all along) and is seriously eyeing the profitability of the medical marijuana market. It's already using lobbyists and government connections to ensure control. That means legalization at some point.

Last April, two drug manufacturing giants, G.W. Pharmaceuticals (a worldwide corporation based in the U.K. with offices in the U.S.) and Novartis (a worldwide corporation headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with offices in the U.S.), announced they had formed an alliance to license and market GW's Sativex, a liquid cannabis drug. Learn more at www.naturalnews.com/032547_medical_marijuana_Big_Pharma.html#ixzz1hJ12CvJP.

The American Independent recently observed, “... the pharmaceutical giants' strategy as regards marijuana seems to be to 'demonize it, prosecute it, shut it down, then grab the market.'”

The idea that a drug can be denounced as evil in one context but hailed as a medical miracle if sold within the pharmaceutical system is nothing new. Big Pharma's magic cure pills for ADHD bear a suspicious chemical resemblance to speed.

Cannabis Science Inc., a U.S. biotech company developing pharmaceutical cannabis products, recently reported that two former U.S. attorneys and the former head of Seattle FBI are in favor of Washington State Initiative 502 to legalize marijuana.

So you see we are moving towards legalization. Not because you or I want it, but because Big Pharma has finally decided the time is here to profitably exploit marijuana. Look to the media this year for more reports like Cannabis Science's (or other corporations) backing marijuana legalization in other states.

Big Pharma won't be the only corporate giant cashing in on legal cannabis crops. The retail and food industry will probably step in with their deep pockets, providing unfair competition to small-time growers.

The dot-com industry was once the fastest way to get rich, but I suspect the future holds a new crop of instant millionaire CEOs when marijuana is legalized. It won't be because the American people have finally convinced legislators to do the right thing. That only happens in the movies.

As It Stands, despite the real possibility of monopolies when marijuana becomes legal, there are at least two upsides. The Feds' expensive and losing war on marijuana will end, and it'll cripple the Mexican cartels' lucrative marijuana trade in the U.S.

There are two different questions here.

1. should anyone, over 21, be able to legally use cannabis?

2. should your own son or daughter be in jail for marijuana?

Your own family member shouldn't be in jail.

For everyone else, their family members should be in jail.

Hopefully the question on the ballot will be something like "should people go to jail for a plant?"

Many think it should not be legal. Yet at the same time they think people shouldn't go to jail over it.

When the vast majority of people get that phone call "Help! I'm in jail!" the first question is "how much is the bail?"

At that moment, they don't believe THAT person should be in jail. Just everyone else, maybe.

It's the me me me thing .. rules are for everyone else. Just don't apply those rules to me or my family.

There are two different questions here.

1. should anyone, over 21, be able to legally use cannabis?

2. should your own son or daughter be in jail for marijuana?

Your own family member shouldn't be in jail.

For everyone else, their family members should be in jail.

Hopefully the question on the ballot will be something like "should people go to jail for a plant?"

Many think it should not be legal. Yet at the same time they think people shouldn't go to jail over it.

When the vast majority of people get that phone call "Help! I'm in jail!" the first question is "how much is the bail?"

At that moment, they don't believe THAT person should be in jail. Just everyone else, maybe.

It's the me me me thing .. rules are for everyone else. Just don't apply those rules to me or my family.

PB, BB, B&T, my thanks to all of you for your contributions...I have been thinking about this issue for a long long time.

I would present these 3 main points:

1) Large amount of studies recently published/underway (JAMA 1/11/12--small dose MJ--smoked-- actually increases pulmonary function, 20 yr study with 5000+ participants) supporting medical use/healthy use. MS studies from europe, review articles comparing the difference (psychologically) between a recreational user---withdrawal and a med patient. Success of sativex etc, everything in the post above.

2) Jobs Everything from pharmacist specialty to hydro shop stocker to lab analyst to whatever big pharma has in mind. Even within a properly implemented medical system this would have generated massive tax revenue for the state, we can recoup with a legalization amendment and bills to follow which strengthen the states economy and follow the will of the people, creating new industry (fiber-type will boom in no time) and galvanizing those threatened now. Read recently that the state population is finally leveling, we need to generate new jobs then because all the people who left didn't take jobs with them, they were taken by jobs.

3) Research- Most of the best work is being done in China, Europe, and ....Indiana???? C'mon Michigan, lets put it in our researcher's hands and beat them Hoosier's out. We need to rally people on the competitive front too.

my thoughts, hope they are of use.

MPP

The Board of State Canvassers today approved language for two petitions aiming to make their way onto the November ballot in Michigan.

One, being pushed by the Michigan Energy, Michigan Jobs Coalition, would require 25 percent of the energy Michigan-based utilities generate or purchase by 2025 to come from wind, solar, biomass or hydropower under a constitutional amendment being proposed.

The language was approved by three board members. Republican Vice-Chair Norman SHINKLE, who questioned whether the language was forcing the standards rather than allowing the market to reach those standards on their own, voted against approving the language as to form.

Julie MATUZAK, the Democratic chair of the committee, told Shinkle they could "have a debate about the content of the petition at another time."

James WATERS, a Democrat, and Jeff TIMMER, a Republican, voted in favor of approving the petition language along with Matuzak.

Also under the Michigan Energy, Michigan Jobs Initiative (MEMJI), energy companies could not raise its electricity rates by more than 1 percent in any year in order to comply with the move to more green energy. The measure also mandates lawmakers pass laws to "promote and encourage" Michigan residents being given the jobs of building the "clean renewable electric energy sources." Michigan currently has a renewable portfolio standard (RPS) of 10 percent by 2015.

Petition language from the Committee for a Safer Michigan that would legalize marijuana for people over the age of 21, with certain restrictions such as prohibiting marijuana use while operating vehicles or machinery, was unanimously approved at the Board of State Canvassers meeting today.

The groups will each need to gather 322,609 valid signatures by July 9 to make the November ballot, according to the Secretary of State.

1) ***--YOU NEED SOME STUFF FOR SIGNATURE GATHERING FOR PETITIONS :

i) The Petitions (Carry 20-30 depending on location, keep more in car ) PROTECT THEM FROM WEATHER with Page Covers (espec. for completed Petitions).....

ii) Clipboards for Petitions Signers (and for Petitions for adjacent Counties, if needed

iii) Pens (Black, some people will not sign in Blue) tied to the Clipbaords or you will loose all your Pens......

iv) Business Cards with Phone # for call back (print them on printer at home), for those with questions that you are not SURE OF (the MiNORML number, or we can set up new Google voice number????, Matt can you comment on this and what you want done (I will do it if you like and provide numbers to input) --- do we need (a) a question phone line for public/media (staffed for media calls??)(b) for general questions by Public the Petitioners' can not answer, people will need HELP as zillions or (silly) questions will be asked....), finally,

v) Your Cell Phone (withQIK (cell phone video uplink to cloud, search ANDROID / IPHONE MARKET ) -- US STREAM also does this .... install if u have a smartphone ---- in case you have problems and need to transmit video/audio to the Cloud so others can retrive it if your phone disappears and your arrested for some non-sense charge (Loitering???)-- LET'S HOPE FOR THE BEST, AND PREPARE FOR THE WORST / UNEXPECTED.....

vi) For larger group Sig. Gathering, SIGNS and TABLES so people can spot you from a distance......ALL MUST BE CORRECT (and should be approved by Matt?)

--A "hotline" so PETITION gather's can call if they have a problem, questions, WILL AVOID SOME BAD SIGS....populated with volunteers phone numbers that will be called in cascading order until someone answers the call ---BACK-UP FOR THE EMERGENCY NUMBER similar to a Raid Call List???------

1) Seeking Signatures in a GROUP MINIMUM OF TWO (2) People (so you have a witness present if you have any issues with LEO/Anyone)....it will not help the Petition Signature verification process, but it will if you have a problem..... "CYA" for each and every person gathering Sigs.....this is a Hot Topic and could bring crAzies out (LEO might hassle you too, and probably WILL search you so be prepared and ready for it.... generally medicating should be AVOIDED if possible, {as all we need is a one person or TV News saying Petition Gatherers are "stoned" while seeking Sigs}....A good clean cut appearance/ an polite conduct is essential (a script for petitioners can be worked up that is direct,....

2)SCHUTTE will examine, or cause to be examined, EVERY PETITION SIGNATURE we submit when they are filed by the committee ---- so explain to EVERY potential signer --- it DOES NO GOOD TO SIGN IF THEY ARE NOT ****REGISTERED VOTERS***. (Tell the people to go register to vote FIRST, then return to sign Petitions )

Likewise, it does no good to sign the WRONG COUNTY they are Registered to VOTE IN... the least # of Sigs disqualified, the better for us as 30% is a usually number, so if we can stop the 1/3 of bad signatures on the petitions the better........***************THIS IS CRITICAL TO SUCCESS OF THE PETITIONS************

3)If you have never gathered Signatures generally (and Michigan's MMA) ATTEND A Training MEETING BEFORE SEEKING ANY SIGS.....this is important......

4) Carry the ACLU instructions with you --- double check WHERE YOU ARE AT -- make sure you on public land, not private property or seek permission.....

5)Finally, do not argue with people opposed, some tactics are to waste Signature/Petition gather's time and effort. Move to the next person,

6)Carry literature for NORML, the Amendments, the Repeal Movement, and any other NORML material undecided people can take with -- many people at the beginning JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING, and many people want to take material home and read BEFORE the sign.....

7) Try returning to the Same HIGH-TRAFFIC areas, Weekends, or Tuesday/Th or what ever, so those you gave Literature/Reading Materials to the day before CAN SIGN or people that were too bust the day or weekend before can return. THIS WORKS, and PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, and that YOUR COMING BACK -- add the days and times to your printed business cards with info phone numbers on them.....

USING the same place over and over, Weekends, when seeking sigs is a great tactic in PUBLIC, HIGH-TRAFFIC, areas where YOUNG PROFESSIONALS, and signatures came every day.

Lets get this done and on the 2012 Ballot !!!

I am completely independent of repealtoday.org, and my opinion here is that. I want to draw attention to a point and appeal to our group and maybe some associated groups (I only belong to safermich, feel free to repost if you belong to other list serves as well) that if the repeal marijuana prohibition effort is to result in its intended staed goal,

its going to require some real down-to-earth grassroots fund-raising. Although I realize there are some small efforts to gather large dollars to help fight our opposition and spread the message, I though it appropriate to rally people to the real target here. In the worse-case-scenario in the coming election cycle,

assuming we get our issue in the ballot, we'd face a certain onslaught of unlimited special interest money in the form of a 'superpac' (or several). Our sights need to be set high. Our strategy must incorporate PERSONAL sacrafice in some way that generates a revenue source that feeds the fire, including CASH where each of us can, and some additional personal action that results in the more of the same.

I have shared some ides with core people about how to raise money, and I have some really good ones, but everyone should be taking some kind of similar steps. Here's what I'VE done. First- I'm vetting out a 'trial ballon' of one idea: pancake breakfasts/spaghetti dinners at a local Knights of Columbus Hall.

Small expense, possible large donations. If we do it and it works, we'll scale it up. They are everywhere in the state with similar obsticle and likely similar outcomes Second- Attached, you will find a :60 second radio spot I've independrntly produced and begun airing on 1310 WDTW and my internet show.

At the end it says "paid for by CITIZENS for a Safer Michigan." So far, as it related to this specific spot, I'm the only 'citizen'. We need YOUR help and your FRIENDS HELP to multiply this kind of energy due to the 'second shoe' that will drop soon after the first fell at the press conference Friday in Detroit: how do we pay for the megaphone needed to drown out seemingly endless money that will likeley follow as soon as the measure is announced as on the ballot?

The answer is early planning and mutual duplicate efforts and sleeve-rolling. What I'm trying to say is, "Nnw we have to walk-the-talk." It's cliche, but the sad truth is we have to put our money where our mouths are. And if it's not by DIRECT financial contributions via the methods directed on REPEALTODAY.org, it should be by associated, organized, LOCAL efforts in your local area to raise whatever you can. It's no longer going to be ok to just SAY "I believe in this".

It's the time to SHOW it. It's time to take action that results in dollars for the cause. It's really the only thing that's going to matter once the signatures are collected and the measure is certified for and placed on the ballot. We need your bake sales (non medicated), your e-bay auction of some kind of goods, your fund raiser affair WHATEVER IT IS. (Your creative, intelligent, method hereby recruited in this space.) We should be challenging each other with some 'badges'

or 'insignias' bought in our donation to and indicating our finacnial pledge to this cause --worn on our lapels! It is going to take considerable measure by many who are WILLING TO COMIT time or money, or prefferably BOTH. Not many people can donate the thousands necessary to pull this off, but way-more can be collected in very-little-pieces from MANY places and its going to require organizational fundraising by everyone.

You should take political pride in your contribution to this cause and I champion and laud your companion effort. If you like what you hear in the attached commercial, we're ready to comence the massive playing of this and other messages like it on TV, radio and print. Please find ways to get your money to repealtoday.org,

and if you or others need assistance helping to organize in your areas or intend to pass the hat please make sure you follow the guidence provided on and neccessary steps listed by their website for individual contributions over 20 bucks. (attachment) Steve Greene RadioWeedShow.comBUDtvNETWORK.com(810) 423-2350

Hey everyone, i have petitions for anyone to sign for the repeal prohibition of marijuana 2012 ballot initiative. My name is Chad, feel free to contact me at cmorrow12401@hotmail.com or call 231 330 2239. Anyone interested in helping out, please contact as soon as you can. Our law is in grave danger, lets legalize it so we may worry no more. i am in gaylord michigan.

Representatives Barney Frank and Ron Paul -- two of our strongest allies -- will not be in Congress next year. This year will be their last chance as legislators to move their bill forward to make marijuana legal at the federal level.

We’ve been working on an historic bill that would end federal marijuana prohibition by allowing states to decide their own marijuana laws without federal interference. Urge your representative to support this bill today!

We need other legislators to continue the fight that Reps. Frank and Paul started. Even though many lawmakers privately support ending marijuana prohibition, only some of them are courageous enough to take a public stand.

Legislators represent their constituents. If you want marijuana prohibition to end, they need to hear your voice. That’s why you need to tell your representative to cosponsor the bill to end federal marijuana prohibition.

I know we’ve been waiting far too long to see marijuana prohibition end -- but we’ve already come so far. As the first federal bill to legalize marijuana, this legislation is historic and proves that change is in the air if we seize the opportunity.

Let’s take advantage of this momentum and give legislators the courage to stand up for what’s right. By voicing your support, you are giving your representative the encouragement they need to end federal marijuana prohibition for good.

Sincerely,

Bill Piper

Director, Office of National Affairs

Drug Policy Alliance

Everyone- The PR/Media Committee established three goals for the coming week during our Monday night session. For us to be successful we need your help! We identified these three ways to improve our public presence without directly engaging media: 1. increase website traffic from Twitter. Yes, Twitter.

I am signing up for an account just so I can pump up the Amendment issue. We have recieved 60 original visitors from Twitter; we need to double that. Everyone with an account, get Tweeting! Dinosaurs like me, get with the program and spread the word. 2. improve online donations to fund petition printing We are at $500 and we want to hit $3000 by next Monday. The need for cash is obvious,

and the website is the only way to make it happen. Add a "donate today @ repealtoday.org!" to the end of your email signatures. Toss that in (occasionally) to your facebook friends. Make a personal appeal to your friends and family that are likely contributors.

3. double the number of petition-signing locations reported on the web site Our current total is approx. 50: we need to have 100. This doesn't mean we hit the streets in 50 new places,

we just get the existing places to add their information online. Those people that recieved a full box (Richard Clement, Bob Helfin are two names I recall from Monday's meeting) please toss out a list of the locations in your area. Thanks. Feel free to contact Charmie or Bryan for info on the Committee or the website. Thnaks in advance for your help with this!

Archived