Veterans Unite

After having my beautiful baby boy in mid November,I am ready to get a Veterans group going.The group that i envision is more of a gathering of Vets,in certain areas,depending on your location.If there are any Veterans that are interested,or have any input,I would like to hear from you.There is an existing Veterans group, the VMMA veterans for medical marijuana access.From what i gather the VMMA is more of a lobby group,less of a gathering.I guess what i want to do is get a bunch of Vets together, to show that we are benefitting from the medical use of marijuana,not only for chronic pain but also for PTSD.I mean how can Marijuana NOT be indicated for PTSD.We stood up for THEM, they should stand up for us............P

Is Clare about in the middle. They have a nice VFW hall with good people.

Till we get larger it will be tough. I say we find a spot meet have fun and decide then.

I really don't care where I have to go,This is about freedom we as vets have a duty to stop

all this bs going on.

I thank god I served during peace time 1981-1984 1/59 ADA 8th ID Germany.

Those of us who have served and not been damaged by war must help those in need.

The horror stories of the young men coming home and losing it are unacceptable.

We cannot allow our national treasures to be destroyed. I'll try and bring a car load.

I have become free from hiding and feeling opressed,Since my names out I feel much more secure.

It's time real men go meet with the Government and demand our rights. Let the draft dodging politions

know there time has ended,We will not go to war again without a full decloration of war as

required by the constitution. The current drum beats of war scare the hell out of me.War with Iran really?

The Army was my college,and life school it did me well.

That is exactly what I was thinking.Would you guys want to come up with a date and location that would be accessable from most of the state(daytrip).?as a group we can start to form up and get together.i think the sooner the better,we need as many Vets involved as possible......P

No girls allowed!

How about 2PM on Jan 21st at the VFW in Clare as a start.

Thats right after the Compassion club meeting.

Could come to meeting also or just meet afterwards.

I am sure the VFW will be happy and get more vets to come.

I will call as soon as we get 5 confirmed?

Thanks for the support Annie!

I like the idea of meeting once a month at diff posts.

Thanks Annie,Blueberry,.......a little direction would come in handy.Manofsteel, jan 21st sounds good for a start. Clare is a little far for me, i would eventually like to stay around the Muskegun area,i think that this is why i keep coming back to the "localChapter" idea.For a first meeting, lets just keep the 21st as tenative for now.For that matter Muskegun isnt even that close.HA.Lets keep workin this out to get something set in stone........P

Local monthly is great.

Could even link up local to local with skype for help and questions.

get skype for homebounds.

Ludington spring fishing meeting?

Gaylord is a community who really supports vets and has a VA seminar

annually nearest 9/11 in sept.Good event. ton of love from volunteers

Meijer had a hay wagon full of personal items for vets,free haircuts

Lowes even had a online application booth for vets 25 diff orgs to help.

I can pick up 5 from Military road on 27(south grayling 10 mi) or someone who needs a ride from area.

Roscommon/Graying

Annie I was going to do a Sen. Jones joke but thats just mean!

Army vet here ( Artillery ) Ft.Sill,OK. 1973 to 1976...non-combat. Almost everyone that I call a friend is a veteran. So I could get some to meet somewhere in northern Mi, T.C. area would be an ideal .

I think a skype network would be nice, could meet at predetermined site, someplace with Internet wi-fi.

looks like we got vets checking in from diffrent parts of the state,thats exactly what we want.monthly local meetings, yearly and holiday get togethers for the whole states chapters.It would only take 1 vet per county/VFW chapt. to get a vets mmj group going.AA meetings pop up at any VFW hall,do they,or would we have to pay rent for the hall??I would like to hand out business card at the VA clinic in Muskegun,now if we could get someone to do that in Grand Rapids,Battle Creek,AnnArbor,Detroit,Iron Mountain,and any other of the VA facilities.A business card could tell of meetings,times, and general scope of the idea.Which in my mind "is to bring Veterans together with the common goal of improving OUR quality of life through the use of medical marijuana,and to help other Vets".....needs work i know.as of right now I'm in for the Clare meeting.The only reason that i would not be to Clare is if we got a chapt going over here................P

i haven't planned on a website,or facebook,as of yet.its those organizational skills that hold me up a little.The group DOES need a name, any suggestions?i have contacted the VMMA and am waiting for a reply,on some thoughts about the local chapter idea.should vets that are hospitalized be able to use medical marijuana in the smoke shack,or in outside smoking areas on VA grounds?????I think so,without persecution,or prosecution.i don't think that it is a "in a perfect world" type thing,i believe it is near.i'm sure we could petition at VA hospitals/clinics. the possibilities are huge.at the first meeting in Clare, we can discuss structure,focus,and fellowship amongst mmj vets.........ARMY 90-93 Atrp. 1-7CAV 1stCAV div...Garry Owen......P

i haven't planned on a website,or facebook,as of yet.its those organizational skills that hold me up a little.The group DOES need a name, any suggestions?i have contacted the VMMA and am waiting for a reply,on some thoughts about the local chapter idea.should vets that are hospitalized be able to use medical marijuana in the smoke shack,or in outside smoking areas on VA grounds?????I think so,without persecution,or prosecution.i don't think that it is a "in a perfect world" type thing,i believe it is near.i'm sure we could petition at VA hospitals/clinics. the possibilities are huge.at the first meeting in Clare, we can discuss structure,focus,and fellowship amongst mmj vets.........ARMY 90-93 Atrp. 1-7CAV 1stCAV div...Garry Owen......P

I think the use of vaporizers may be the best way to Introduce the issue.

The organizational issue,I would like to help there.I guess a secretary type

take notes,Get the bus. cards printed etc..

Annie is very qualified in websites and patient enrollment also very passonate Person.

We need vietnam vets included in VA Hospital /Clinics use discussion.

We need to remember not all vets.will be mm users.

As for a name its a real sensative part,We either put mm in the background or burst the "bubble" in a name.

Curious about VMMA,

I have some ideas on a support network for help, When we get established,Have local vet to vet

mentor program started to help returning get into va then help with follow through.

Quote from paper

“When I came out of the undercover assignment in my first year at GPD, I was convinced that marijuana would be legal in the next five years, “ said Jones, who now lives in New Mexico and has gotten marijuana as medicine from Veterans Affairs doctors for his post-traumatic stress disorder. “I couldn’t see the threat anywhere near what prohibitionists were claiming.”

I am going to see what New Mexicos program is will try to compile list for meeting of mm states and programs.

Could help in our state. Will print and bring all info I can get.

Anyone wanting to help I do not mean to exclude you,Post good va links and such please.

We also need to work on PTSD,Seems to be the first issue. Calling VFW will post,We can meet anywhere if its a problem.

Lots of restraunts and such in area.

Thanks

Tod

that is kinda the scope i'm thinking(veteran support group).we can turn our fight to the mmj cause,doing that on the back of fellowship and camradrie.it seems like we can get word of the group(s)out to some vets from this website,but not all who are interested.i guess we can talk about all of these things at the first meeting.the whole thing about medicating in the smoke shak was pretty much hypothetical,and a little rebellious.but dang,have you ever been to the Detroit VA,the smoke shak at 7am is like a party.i am really excited to see this thing get off the ground.

Archived