Anyone Who Expired In October?

hey was wondering if anyone else expired on October. Of last year. The official site says they are sending cards out but it has been way too long. Anyone receive theirs?

I do and my renewal was in early as well. Still havent recieved anything and frankly dont expect it yet. I'm hearing 4 to 5 months.

I thought I had expired last fall when I ate some of my first batch of cannabis cookies (I accidentally doubled the cannabis in the butter and then doubled the amount of butter in the cookies), but I survived and am here to say "No, I have not expired!" :thumbsu:

Seriously though, I just sent in my renewal for a card that is set to expire at the end of next month. I am sure going to keep all my paperwork because I do not expect the renewal to be "timely".

My mothed just got her first card. Her check was cashed in august but she had originally sent her application in about eight weeks before that. Then after eight weeks of thinking that she was legal she got a letter saying that she forgot to insert a check into the envelope when she mailed in her application. What happened to they would notify you within 15 days of reciept of your applcation if your application was not complete. It took two months for my mother to get a letter. Thats freaking BS, if she had gotten pulled over and LEO had called LARA my mother would have went to jail if she had meds on her because they didnt follow their own rules. I'm pissed-off about that BS.

Sorry didnt mean to take over your thread...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what the act says:

mcl 333 26426

mcl Initiated Law 1 of 2008

Section 6 e

(e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 days of approving an application or renewal, which shall expire 1 year after the date of issuance. Registry identification cards shall contain all of the following:

I think we should be able to file a motion or order in Ingram County requiring them to adhere to the act. Card in hand after five days or 1 year from date of issue. This is clear and simple. imho

Their site says,"Currently there is a backlog on the issuance of registry identification cards. Original registry ID cards are currently being printed and sent out for applications received the end of July."

This statement shouldn't allow them the right to violate the act.

Regards and peace--

mcl 333 26426

Section 6 e

(e) The department shall issue registry identification cards within 5 days of approving an application or renewal, which shall expire 1 year after the date of issuance. Registry identification cards shall contain all of the following:

I think we should be able to file a motion or order in Ingram County requiring them to adhere to the act. Card in hand after five days or 1 year from date of issue. This is clear and simple. imho

Their site says,"Currently there is a backlog on the issuance of registry identification cards. Original registry ID cards are currently being printed and sent out for applications received the end of July."

Regards and peace--

Oh they are issuing them on time, they just aren't putting them in the mail for four or five months. I mailed in my first rec. in October 2010 and got my first card in like april 2011 but it said that it was issued in october or november 2010 and expired November 1, 2011 that way they gave me the year even though the year should go from the time i get my purple card.

mcl 333 26426

Section 6 e

Regards and peace--

As odd as it seems a suit will need to be filed in Federal court to force the state to implement this law, as we all know most Michigan Judges are on the take or will follow the GOP on most matters so no way will you get a fair ruling in the State of Michigan. A Federal judge in Arizona ruled against the Governor who was blocking the implementation of their law on Jan 4th 2012, his ruling was the voters voted on this law the state has to implement it even if it is Marijuana and it's illegal federally. It is about civil rights you can't stand in the way of the WILL OF THE VOTERS!!!

I am in the process of trying to find an attorney that will help us take this to federal court, because what the state is doing is FRAUD plain and simple and they too are not honouring the will of the voters too. It will take donations from all of use to make this happen and someone with the Kahunas to take on Bill Schuette and the GOP but I do believe we can win this suit.

My point was that the states' web site indicates that they have not "issued" the cards yet.

That is my point. They are using "printed" for issue.

Regards and peace,

Oh they are issuing them on time, they just aren't putting them in the mail for four or five months. I mailed in my first rec. in October 2010 and got my first card in like april 2011 but it said that it was issued in october or november 2010 and expired November 1, 2011 that way they gave me the year even though the year should go from the time i get my purple card.

Archived