Alien Genetics Going For Over 16,000.00$ Over At Thcbay...what In The World?

stuckinabeat

I just stopped over there to check out alien genetics and he has a seed action for a starfighter strain and the auction is over 16k right now. Does this seem right to anyone? I am just dumbfounded that a breeder would be that greedy to only offer his genetics up through high priced auctions like this. I can understand wanting your strain to be exclusive, but somewhere a long greed has to become a factor. I mean were are not talking a 500.00 or even 1000.00, were are talking 16k. If anyway can explain this to me to make it make sense please fire away. Is just not where i like to see the industry heading. Its scary to think that other breeders would be jumping on this bandwagon and that someday you may have to pay some outrageous price to acquire good genes.

that is capitalism at its root.

capitalism is only about profitability. buy as low as you can manage, and sell as high as you can muster...

Karma will have its way with this situation.

but to keep on the good side of Miss Karma myself, perhaps hes auctioning off a rare cut and all proceeds are going to a charity? i can see that. but 16K for a cut of some killer dank, in the real world is doable, if the greed is right.

simply look at the numbers..

if you have one cut that lives 1 yr. you take 4 clones a month in that year. a total of 36 cuts plus the mom.

each cut yields 1/2 lb totaling 8 lbs from 4 monthly cuts. Say at 3 grand per pound (averages to a reasonable 185.00 an oz) that could potentially make 24g

now say your taking 8 clones a month, and yeild a lb each. 8 lbs a month at 3 grand a lb is 24g. a month.

so even 30 grand for a cut of what can almost gaurentee a lb a plant, or even 1/2 a lb given its properly grown of course, can easily cover the cost of admission.

now add in if perhaps its some very potent meds at say 27%thc and 6%cbd, and add that to final value.

That's the reality of living in a world of Prohibition isn't it? On the other hand it is Prohibition that created the market forces which drove the indoor growing boom which made it possible to breed so intensely in the past forty years or so. The prohibitioners have themselves to thank for the "Super-Pot" of today.

That's the reality of living in a world of Prohibition isn't it? On the other hand it is Prohibition that created the market forces which drove the indoor growing boom which made it possible to breed so intensely in the past forty years or so. The prohibitioners have themselves to thank for the "Super-Pot" of today.

The "cure" (prohibition) is worse than the "disease" (cannabis use).

I've been watching this all week with my jaw dropped at these foolish ppl. Alien tbh doesn't seem to be that greedy or that bad of a dude. He's workin the Alien line with soulie's blessing and cuts but, I'll be damned if those beans will put out better dank than anything else in my stash. Starfighter I believe is a 4 way cross WTF. I run Aliendawg and have been for quite awhile. Took something like 20 beans to find my champ. And that's the point. Thousands for a legit badass cut is 1 thing, but thousands for seeds with so much in them. Just imagine how many pheno's will pop outta that. Not that there aren't badass winners to be found in them, but fact is they're just seeds. Personally I don't get it, but then again that's why I didn't bid. Best of luck to the buyers. Hope they're worth it.

Peace

Ps, on a side note, JJ of topdawg just announced his retirement and that he sold all his retail stock to a broker who will auction them at the farm. Can anyone say marketing strategy. Lol. That will also be fun to watch. Prices I'm sure will be just as insane. Glad I already have quite a few of his strains chillin. Maybe that'll be my retirement lmao.

I've been watching this all week with my jaw dropped at these foolish ppl. Alien tbh doesn't seem to be that greedy or that bad of a dude. He's workin the Alien line with soulie's blessing and cuts but, I'll be damned if those beans will put out better dank than anything else in my stash. Starfighter I believe is a 4 way cross WTF. I run Aliendawg and have been for quite awhile. Took something like 20 beans to find my champ. And that's the point. Thousands for a legit badass cut is 1 thing, but thousands for seeds with so much in them. Just imagine how many pheno's will pop outta that. Not that there aren't badass winners to be found in them, but fact is they're just seeds. Personally I don't get it, but then again that's why I didn't bid. Best of luck to the buyers. Hope they're worth it.

Peace

Ps, on a side note, JJ of topdawg just announced his retirement and that he sold all his retail stock to a broker who will auction them at the farm. Can anyone say marketing strategy. Lol. That will also be fun to watch. Prices I'm sure will be just as insane. Glad I already have quite a few of his strains chillin. Maybe that'll be my retirement lmao.

i'm sure jj is sweating balls right now anyway... heck, wouldn't be surprised if it's for a retainer... assuming logic even sends you the beans, assuming he even has the beans, assuming he would even pay jj, assuming some fool actually sends in half of the what the fake bids display... a fool & his money, i suppose...?

Archived