Sale From Registered Patient To Reg Caregiver

a few questions from a (pretty paranoid) new mm patient.

is it legal for a reg patient to be own caregiver and grow own mm? (read the law, pretty sure it is, but want to hear from you xperts)

is it legal for a reg patient to sell/transfer any extra mm to a reg caregiver?

if not, what do you do with any xtra mm you won't use?

if so, is there a legal form to use or how should said transfer be documented?

thank you all so much. i want to operate only with in the law.

is it legal for a reg patient to be own caregiver and grow own mm? (read the law, pretty sure it is, but want to hear from you xperts)

I will preface this with any legal questions should be handled by an attorney, which I am not. I can only tell you my interpretation of the law and my interpretation of the judgements handed down.

1) it is legal for a patient to grow their own MMJ. They are not a "caregiver" they are a patient with their own plant rights. A caregiver implies caring for someone else.

2) As long as you believe P2P is legal, then yes, a PT could transfer to a reg caregiver. Compensation/donation is the question. You can do it free if you believe P2P is legal, which most here do. But exchange of money is money is questionable if you are not a CG. meaning you have to be a CG for someone else.

3) Donations to places like the Cannabis Cancer project, etc can be done. Burn it. Cover it with bleach and throw it out...

4) legal form? Like a sales form? Nothing like that I am aware of.

It is more like if you work for your neighbors mowing their yards. If you make more than $600 in a year, you are required to report it on taxes. It is up to you to create a log and track it just like any other business.However be mindful that tax code 280(e) (I think) says you cannot deduct any expenses for growing MMJ. That can be contested if you are a caregiver, as the expense is for the legal profession of being a caregiver, not for the federally illegal profession of being a MMJ farmer, but that is one of those things an attorney/accountant should be consulted on.

If you are doing anything more than just growing for yourself, you should at least consult with an attorney. The couple hundred bucks they will charge you is well worth piece of mind.

My Opinions, im not a lawyer, and this is only my opinion.

You are not alone brother/sister. we are all a bit on edge, and many like myself, are beyond Miffed over the situation.

is it legal for a reg patient to be own caregiver and grow own mm? (read the law, pretty sure it is, but want to hear from you xperts) If you retained the right to grow your own plants, then you Are your own Caregiver, but without an assinged Pt, you have no Caregiver Status. So Yes, you are legal to grow up to 12 plants and hold up to 2.5 oz for your personal use at any given point in time.

A Caregiver, with atleast 1 assinged patient, can legalally "AQUIRE" meds for thier patients from " ANY AVAILABLE SOURCE" legally. the quoted words are the words as wrote in the Act. Also a Pt has the right to help any other pt, including caregivers, in the Medical "USE" of Cannabis. Use includes the words Transfer and Deliver, both of which have a monetary cost associated with them by any definition of their meaning. So again, imo, yes. the caveat here, is you, as only your own pt, can only hold 2.5 for yourself at any one time, so you can only Transfer 2.5 at any one time. the more patients you have assigned to you as CG, then you can grow/hold more in reserve for the Patients, but if you yourself are also a Patient, you can still only hold the 2.5 you are ment to hold personally. no reserves for yourself.

this is one of the few unclear parts of the law as it is written in my opinion. but it is workable as is. just a bit more to do.

Its my opinion, you can donate it to another pt. BS and those in Power, would like to have you beleive you can do anything with it, but turn yourself in for arrest for being over your 2.5 oz limit if you happen to grow one limb too much. I on the other hand follow the law as it is written and intended to function.

imo, keep your stuff private. Make your contacts, verify they are pts as best you can, and keep it in Vegas.

you can grow for yourself or other registered patients to you

you cannot sell any marijuana to anybody besides your registered patients

people opinions are what get people in trouble...day after day there is people getting busted for this...dont grow so much and you wont have extras..grow what you need...if your selling to others your a drug dealer in the laws eyes

Archived