Marijuana Juicing Is The Next Big Thing

Marijuana Juicing is The Next Big Thing (or a Big Waste of Cash)

January 10, 2012 - LA Weekly

Weed can be smoked, vaporized and eaten.

But a practice advocated by Dr. William Courtney, an M.D. from Willits, California seems to be gaining traction in 2012:

He wants you to juice your marijuana. That's right, put that valuable green stuff in a blender and drink it up like a banana milkshake. Mmm.

And the best benefit (allegedly)?

No high to speak of.

It's true. You don't get stoned. Only broke.

But before you tell us that you might as well put your paycheck in the blender along with that Mary Jane, hear out the good doctor:

He believes that Cannabidiol (CBD), a key cannabinoid in pot, has illness-killing healing power that can be destroyed by smoking marijuana.

But drinking weed brings out the good stuff while destroying the plant's "psychoactive" buzz.

In a video the doc says:

It's a vegitable. It's not psychoactive until humans heat it.

He has presented anecdotal evidence of the miracle of raw cannabis, claiming that at least one patient is all the better for it. We say go for it: Stop getting high and your life will magically get better:

You'll start showing up to things on-time, you'll stop eating Cheetos, and a new job will magically come into view.

It better pay well, though: Doing shots of certain strains of "Kush" (at nearly $300 an ounce) won't be cheap.

Only problem is that like THC, CBD and other cannabinoids are also found in acid form and need decarboxylation (usually done by heat) to convert them into the most medically active forms. So yeah, you don't get high but I suspect that you also don't get all of the benefits either!

z

(Um, I spoke too soon. Should have watched the video first as he begins by saying that you can consume 60x the amount if not heated!)

Only problem is that like THC, CBD and other cannabinoids are also found in acid form and need decarboxylation (usually done by heat) to convert them into the most medically active forms. So yeah, you don't get high but I suspect that you also don't get all of the benefits either!

z

It is my understanding they would already be antioxidents without decarboxylation, just not psycoactive.

That is the point isn't it, way more can be consumed than if it affected your mind, to get a large dose of the beneficial antioxidents.

R

He has presented anecdotal evidence of the miracle of raw cannabis, claiming that at least one patient is all the better for it. We say go for it: Stop getting high and your life will magically get better:

You'll start showing up to things on-time, you'll stop eating Cheetos, and a new job will magically come into view.

Offensive, and an ill informed remnant of reefer fuking madness.

I have had my job for over 6 years,and you know what? I am EARLY almost everywhere I go. Ask around.

OK, just finished the video on "the most important vegetable on the planet". Amazing stuff. But although you don't need high quality bud (or even buds at all), it does require juicing from 1/2 to 1 plant per day. No way you can do this legally in Michigan.

z

• 1 month later...

OK, just finished the video on "the most important vegetable on the planet". Amazing stuff. But although you don't need high quality bud (or even buds at all), it does require juicing from 1/2 to 1 plant per day. No way you can do this legally in Michigan.

z

If you had a medical need for that amount and for you to keep an uninterupted supply then you would be covered by the affirmative defense. Look it up.

Happy Growing

If you find a strain that is effective for you I believe less is required for a desired result. As a patient providing for myself, being only allowed 12 plants I DO usually have enough cannabis to eat each day, I eat her blended up raw or in small pieces I do not separate the juice and the pulp. I do not have an example now though, I am setting back up after a move.

Archived