2.5Oz And 12 Plants

choo53

hello to all, new member here with a few questions. after a day or so of researching i found this forum which has answered most of them just a bit confused. first off my wife will start the process in a few days to become cg/patient for her meds. as i understand she can have 2.5oz of usable meds and 12 plants. now im no expert grower but played around in my yester-years and imo 12 plants will give more than 2.5oz. but do they count budding plants or drying plants? what about canna butter? she doesn't like to smoke so she would have to grow bigger plants to make enough meds to last. a 4/5ft plant can give at least 4oz and if LEO comes pick us on the day we have 12 TREES what happens?

you do not need to grow all 12 at the same time.

i currently grow 1 or 2 in a cycle, and my cycles are seperated by a month.

so by the time im harvested, cured, and ready for use, i ll have approx 8 plants (4 under the limit) at any given point. 2 dry, 2 bloom 2 veg 2 clone/seedling....

this keeps my under plant count, and close to useable count, depending on what i grow.

ofcourse if i go to a 12 week strain over a 10 or 8 week strain that will offset my harvest time, and i ll have to adjust the logistics of my grow op to ensure i keep with in my plant limits, and still maintain enough meds to get thru to the end of the month, for my next cycle.

it can be tough with the current plant/limit counts, but it can be done. i know the results i have, i can just about keep myself supplied with meds from my 1 or 2 plants each cycle...

One solution would be to become your wifes caregiver

This would allow you to hold 2.5 ounces for her

I am sorry I have never tried running 12 4-5 ft plants

My efforts are more efficient and not geared towards the 3000 watts you are gonna need

You would do best to take Tarzan's advice

thanks for the welcome dr.tarzan. ok tim i understand just wanted to clear up the wet weight. dont really want to grow all year long since she just want canna butter. i have never grow for hash or kef before but what i have read the last few days i will need a pound or two to make a few oz of butter. i was thinking a tub of butter every 6 mos or so. so will the weight of the butter count? yeah beans i think that would be a good idea but we live together how would that work? the other 2.5oz is still here with her.

don't be fooled by what you here the club's are Alive and always will be they can't stop us from meeting in a Library

ok well i think that would be a good idea. just found one in my area, just missed the meeting tonight :( .

will def get a membership somewhere to stay informed for wifey. days are becoming harder for her and she hates pampering so getting her meds and staying on top of news LEO ect is one thing i can do.

if you were her CG, you could hold 2.5 for her, and while you are both in the same home, you would need to ensure only you have access to the additional 2.5 oz of meds for her, ie. i safe or lock box that only you have/know the combination or have the key too. i know, its absolutly archaic to have to have your wifes medicine locked up away from her. infact its beyond archaic, its asinine. but to be in compliance with Bill Schuittes idea of what we the people intended, its what you would have to do.

the weight of the entire tub of butter, would also be counted TOWARD total weight, IF you listen again to the asinine opines of our AG Bill SchuI(e)tte. He reminds me of GWB, only a grade "C" thinker, trying to fill the shoes that should be filled with someone with intelligence and scholarly thought ability. He (Bill Schuette) is just far to short sighted to handle such complex and far thinking subjects like civil rights, the Will of the People and the Job of AG, which is to UPHOLD the will of the people, not illegally subject his own adverse opinion over the will of the people as he is doing.

ok well i think that would be a good idea. just found one in my area, just missed the meeting tonight :( .

will def get a membership somewhere to stay informed for wifey. days are becoming harder for her and she hates pampering so getting her meds and staying on top of news LEO ect is one thing i can do.

Sadly on butter they are counting the weight of the inert ingredients too . The program is difficult for patients to comply with especially those patients who also suffer from confusion and anxiety effecting concentration and planning . Technical mistakes can push one into felony charges and sadly no legislator is working on protecting patients from them to reduce stress and promote healing like we all need . Weight limits were done away with in some States because they cause so many problems with practical use of cannabis clogging up the courts . Plant limits in those States were still adhered too . The act was suppose to prevent patients from arrest under certain conditions and prosecution if medical use was involved . Sadly discrimination has prevented it from being properly implemented and what is happening is showing us more protections may be required or even all out legalization before a safe environment for patients medical use can exist throughout the State .

welcome choo 53,i think you'll find this site a valuable resource for getting good advice..help is on the way..start with dr.tarzans..lol....lots of folks around willing to help you understand the basics of getting started..but always being legal can be tricky for some..remeber.. better to be safe than sorry..bp

well, more cleary put, BS', LEO and Judicial Interpritation of the program details, makes it hard for patients to comply and not run afoul.

Sorry Cropped, dont meant to post empt what your saying. but i think the Pts and CGs are pretty clear on whats ok and whats not, to the extent we ll call BS on someone knowingly working outside the limits, which hurts us all.

thanks for the welcome dr.tarzan. ok tim i understand just wanted to clear up the wet weight. dont really want to grow all year long since she just want canna butter. i have never grow for hash or kef before but what i have read the last few days i will need a pound or two to make a few oz of butter. i was thinking a tub of butter every 6 mos or so. so will the weight of the butter count? yeah beans i think that would be a good idea but we live together how would that work? the other 2.5oz is still here with her.

You don't neeed a pound or two of mmj to make butter. I usully use two or three grams of mmj per tablspoon of butter, sometimes I may go as much as four grams of mmj per tablespoon of butter and then I just make the doses smaller. I usually dose with the equivalent of a gram and a half of mmj. This will take my pain level from a nine to a three or four for about six hours. I use the butter to cook EVERYTHING that I cook, whether it be fried eggs, macaroni and cheese, whatever it doesn't matter. IMO even easier than making butter is making milk.

I use about 7 grams of mmj with about three cups of milk and I simmer that for about six hours. At this rate, my mother doses at two tablespoons at night to help her sleep. I also make hot pot chocolate. I use about 3 grams of mmj and two mugs of milk. Then I simmer it for between two and about six hours. I strain off the mmj and mix the milk with vanilla and honey, I think it hides the flavor of the mmj better than chocolate does.

IMO the easiest way to deal with overages as a patient is to make hash oils. Especially in your wifes case where she doesnt like to smoke simpson oil would be perfect, and it takes alot of material to make 2.5 oz's of oil. Then you can use that to make butter, or any other edibles u may like. Very lil taste, and super potent.

The 12 plant rule was meant to allow people to setup clones, mother plants, veg, and flower to create a perpetual grow. I pull down a plant every 4 weeks and I only need 6 plants to do this. The other six count can allow me to take on a new strain/plant.

I make BHO with trim and small buds, offer a good price as a CG and use your local club's market to help another qualified patient.

DN

• 5 weeks later...

Please stager your plants growth. It is dangerous, if not wasteful to maintain 12 plants at one time. The size of your plant is of no concern, but the weight produced is. Budding plants are part of your count, drying plants might be. As part of “preparations thereof”, all products containing cannabis can be counted as part of your total.

If all you want is material for butter, don't let your plants flower. Grow a bloody tree or two, and pull off what's needed, when needed. I think one ounce of plant material per 16 ounces of butter is a good mix to start, adjust as required.

Please stager your plants growth. It is dangerous, if not wasteful to maintain 12 plants at one time. The size of your plant is of no concern, but the weight produced is. Budding plants are part of your count, drying plants might be. As part of “preparations thereof”, all products containing cannabis can be counted as part of your total.

If all you want is material for butter, don't let your plants flower. Grow a bloody tree or two, and pull off what's needed, when needed. I think one ounce of plant material per 16 ounces of butter is a good mix to start, adjust as required.

how do I control the amount produced by one plant? if I can't have more than 2&1/2oz on hand. I'm new at this (my first indoor grow)but it looks like there's more than three oz per plant. now I see why everyone wants a patient under them.

how do I control the amount produced by one plant? if I can't have more than 2&1/2oz on hand.

You are in charge, not the plants. If you are growing for yourself, and find that one plant will bear the useable amount you need for a month, fix you grow to harvest one plant each month.

My complaint is that this Act was written for smokers. 2.5 is a problem for those who use in other way. As I stated to Rep. Horn, by applying my balm, my one gram becomes 200 lb.

well, more cleary put, BS', LEO and Judicial Interpritation of the program details, makes it hard for patients to comply and not run afoul.

Sorry Cropped, dont meant to post empt what your saying. but i think the Pts and CGs are pretty clear on whats ok and whats not, to the extent we ll call BS on someone knowingly working outside the limits, which hurts us all.

I am confused by your Statement can you clarify what your refering to and which post your responding to . Can you give examples of when and why you would or have calledl BS on a caregiver or patient on behalf of the MMMA ? This is policy of the MMMA ? Why wouldn't a representative explain to a patient or caregiver a possible violation and recommend as well as suggest how they can come into compliance and work around any issues that would push someone into a Section 8 defense . A defense that is rarely excepted despite the laws exact wording that it be - we know it is too costly and dangerous for many patients in a weakened condition to be involved in and if found innocent still has the same effect as punishment . I thought the MMMA was helping many individuals with compliance issues not enforcing them ? We are talking about officials piling on years of felony charges in any and all prosecutions often amounting to a life sentance without the comfort of cannabis any longer for persecuted individuals .

The reason I bring these issues up is not to inflame others but as a reaction to cases out there . Weight ( inert ingrediants ) and Storage of unuseable material ( by freezing) resulted in the arrests of Mr Vanderbutts and Mr Rush both patients and activists . I am not sure if they were caregivers . Some felt their pursuit and arrests were political . Peace and may God protect you and all sick and injured people involved in medical use from conflict with others . The results of all these little arguements are horrific for patients or caregivers caught in legal problems . Unless a person is stealing or commiting acts of violence I can not think of a situation where as a citizen , member of Norml , the MMMA , BACC or any other group I should judge their medical use or risk tolerance .

Since you're going to have overages, you can always take them to the farmer's market. Problem there is that you can only vend if you are a cg. you can only bring in what you are legelly allowed to carry so if you only have one patient and you are a patient you can have two and a half ounces for each person or five ounces total.

Since you're going to have overages, you can always take them to the farmer's market. Problem there is that you can only vend if you are a cg. you can only bring in what you are legelly allowed to carry so if you only have one patient and you are a patient you can have two and a half ounces for each person or five ounces total.

I guess if you do a good job one plant could easily produce over two and half oz. maybe we all need to be care-givers. just to cover our butts.

Archived