Another Open Letter To Legislation.

Timmahh

looking thru the number of Email o Matic letters, while many were good, only one kind of fit my mood of the moment. So I started with exmp number 3 or 5, dont remember which, but this is the finale morph i submitted via the email o matic program. Please feel free to use this as a general guide if you so chooose. It is VERY CLOSE to character limit, and i made one change here, that my put you over limit via the email o matic program. Perhaps there is a possibility to get more characters for it?

This of course was a blanket email sent to EVERY legislative body via the Email o matic. SO i expect further replies. I will post all of them here as they come in...

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen. I am a life long Michigan resident. I am also a patient of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program voted into law in 2008.

I have chronic pain due to boney growths on my spine. I live a pretty normal life, just with moderate to often severe pain since my early teens. At the age of 14, I had some choices to make. Opt for an operation, as the Doctor so gingerly phrased it, \"Had a Slight 50/50 chance I May end up paralyzed as a result, though it Should reduce my pain, with a lifetime of pain meds to go along with breathing and eating ect..

With the blessing of my family, I took my Inalienable Rights to choose my own course of health care, which was to utilize Chiropractic care, and treat my pain with cannabis. WE/I did not have health insurance, so my medical care is all out of pocket.

Imagine my relief in 2007, when Michigan finally took the forward steps to take away the criminal penalties associated with my personal healthcare choice. The right to use a natural and healthy alternative medicine, that would not pollute my body, nor worry about arrest or other penalty for a personal healthcare choice.

There are a number of bills aimed at weakening the Medial Marihuana Act that 63% voted for. These bills are in direct opposition to the will of the people. I have read it many times, I can see the MMM Act is very clearly written. Claims that the law needs to be fixed, or "Has more holes than Swiss Cheese", are simply lies, meant to weaken, rather than strengthen the act by a few that wish to control personal healthcare choices, for its lucrative fortunes. Since this law came into being, the State has failed to properly implement it in its entirety, and in the last year, has perverted the idea of what the Voters Intent was, when Passing this Law. I.D. cards are +4 months behind, not 21 days per the Act. Judges refuse defendants ability to use any medical marijuana defense included in the Act, also in violation. Nothing is said about these Civil Rights Violations by the State of Michigan. The law clearly states who may use it, how they may acquire it, how compensation must be made, and who is protected from prosecution. It also clearly provides for protecting the privacy of medical records. The

law was written to ensure those who chose this medicine are able to obtain it with out persecution and prosecution. This law is being used to punish anyone the makes this personal healthcare choice. Law Enforcement will arrest instead of Protect and Serve. This is not what I, nor the voters intended.

You Must vote against these bills if you believe in Personal Freedom, especially those choices that are medical in nature. I hope you will remember that the majority of your constituents voted for this law. Please take the time to learn the honest facts about these issues, and question the accusations made against your constituents for their personal medical choice. If you vote for these bills, you will lose your seat. The People are Furious.

Bills to Oppose are:

SB 17

SB 99

SB 377

Senate Bill 418

House Bill 4850

and I got a reply back a few hrs later. Sure its an auto reply, but it admits its an auto reply, and informs me they will respond to my letter as soon as they can. Which is more than we usually get...

Rep. Kate Segal (District 62)

TO:

levi0804@yahoo.com

Message flagged Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:01 PMMessage body

Thank you for contacting me with your questions, comments, or concerns. I appreciate you taking the time to share them with me.

As you may be aware, my office can receive hundreds of emails every day and I remain committed to responding to your questions and comments. As a result, this is an automatically generated response acknowledging that I have received your email.

If possible, please make sure you included your name and address in your original email. This information will help me to process your concerns, allowing me to respond more quickly. If you did not provide this information originally, please consider re-sending your comments with your name and address included.

My staff and I are working to ensure that we can respond to you in as timely a manner as possible; unfortunately, we cannot guarantee an immediate email response. If you are contacting me regarding an urgent matter that requires immediate attention, please call my office toll-free at 1-888-DIST-062

(1-888-347-8062) and either I or a member of my staff will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Wishes,

Kate Segal

State Representative

Democratic Floor Leader

Michigan House of Representatives

141 Capitol Building

P.O. Box 30014

Lansing, MI 48909-7514

Phone: 517.373.0555

Toll Free: 1.888.DIST.062

Fax: 517.373.5761

Email: katesegal@house.mi.gov

Nice job on the letter, I will more than likely use points made by you in some of my letters. Myself, 5 patients and our friends and families are working on letters that are being mailed to the reps. We will start with the emails once we feel comfortable with the daily postal output.

I pray that everyone is helping with this and at least trying to send one or 2 emails a day.

The best letters are in a format as your return letter.

Short paragraph hanging sentence below

Double space paragraph.

Standard political layout

They say much easier to read and follow

My rage letter for example

Learning still

A Call To a Peaceful Ending of the Pot War

The issue of medical marijuana has reached a point of stupidity.

The voters of this state approved a state law. This law is being manipulated at the

expense of our state constitution. This issue can no longer be solved by the legislative branch of government. The current police state of Michigan has to be stopped. There is corruption everywhere around this issue.

The only way to solve this in a peaceful manner is for the citizens of this state to make a stand, I believe the Michigan Constitution is our guiding document that must be followed.

The federal government has overstepped our rights that we are obligated to uphold as state citizens, We must take a stand it is a responsibility we cannot ignore.

As a property owner I am at least the 5th generation spawned from this piece of earth, My family has given blood and life for this country and served in times of peace. I had peace in my life, The opportunity to own this 80 acres is the American dream.

I am different now my life has changed, I am disabled now, Through living the American dream my backs worn out and is not going to get better. I use medical marijuana as a pain reliever. The topical oil really helps the neuropathy in my legs and feet. I get relief at night through smoking small amounts.

The state passed a law that I have chosen to follow, I take no other pain meds. now.

I had no idea at that time my privacy and constitutional freedom would be so blatantly violated, As a result of this action must be taken. My basic rights are being violated by the federal government The Sept. memo from the ATF states I may not own a gun in violation of federal law. Our state must defend against this at all cost. Is it not the responsibility of the governor to ensure my rights are not violated. Are not states obligated to keep there citizens strong to repel the federal government if need be?

I only wish to hunt and bear arms to protect my family is that not my right?

We must solve this issue through peace and dialog. But with who? I know of no one who has spoke of this issue in the state. I ask to look at what Montana state AG is doing for his state. Where is ours?

Our state has a huge issue to decide on our gun rights, The federal government is corrupting the state. This is done with federal funding for law enforcement of our state.

How is this not illegal by state constitution I do not know.

you have limted space in the Email O Matic Program for text. it also automatically parses the text. No spaces at periods, only single spaces otherwise, and deos not recognize line breaks.

it is what it is.

I would of made it more seperate had i had full editing capabilities.

maybe a editor can be setup to be used. the E-O-M does have a few limitations with it.

Ideally, it should of been structured as such;

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am a life long Michigan resident. I am also a patient of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Program voted into law in 2008.

I have chronic and debilitating pain due to boney growths on my spine. I live a pretty normal life, just with moderate to often severe pain since my early teens.

At the age of 14, I had some choices to make. Opt for an operation, as the Doctor so gingerly phrased it, "Had a Slight 50/50 chance I May end up paralyzed as a result, though it should reduce my pain, (if I were paralyzed as a result of the operation, one would think my pain would be gone without the need for pain medication) with a lifetime of pain meds to go along with breathing and eating ect..

With the blessing of my family, I took my Inalienable Right to choose my own course of health care, which was to utilize Chiropractic care, and treat my pain with cannabis. WE/I did not have health insurance at that time, nor do I have any now, so all my medical care is all out of pocket.

Imagine my relief in 2007, when Michigan finally took the forward steps to take away the criminal penalties associated with my personal healthcare choice. The right to use a natural and healthy alternative medicine, that would not pollute my body, nor worry about arrest or other penalty for a personal healthcare choice.

There are a number of bills aimed at limiting or all together dismantling the Medial Marihuana Act that 63% of your constituents voted for. These bills are in direct opposition to the will of the people. I have read it many times, I can see the MMM Act is very clearly written. Claims that the law needs to be fixed, or "Has more holes than Swiss Cheese", are simply lies, meant to weaken, rather than strengthen the act, by a few that wish to control personal healthcare choices, for it's lucrative profits.

Since this law came into being, the State has failed to properly, or fully implement it in its entirety, and in the last year, has perverted the idea of what the Voters Intent was when Passing this Law. I.D. cards are +6 months behind, not 21 days per the Act. Judges refuse defendants ability to use any medical marijuana defense included in the Act, also in violation.

Nothing is said about these Civil Rights Violations by the State of Michigan against it's own citizens that passed this People Initiative. The law clearly states who may use it, how they may acquire it, how compensation must be made, and who is protected from prosecution. It also clearly provides for protecting the privacy of medical records.

The law was written to ensure those who chose this medicine are able to obtain it with out persecution and prosecution. This law is being used to punish anyone the makes this personal healthcare choice. Law Enforcement will arrest instead of Protect and Serve. This is not what I, nor the voters intended.

You Must vote against these bills if you believe in Personal Freedom, especially those choices that are medical in nature. I hope you will remember that the majority of your constituents voted for this law. Please take the time to learn the honest facts about these issues, and question the accusations made against your constituents for their personal medical choice. If you vote for these bills, you will lose your seat. The People are Furious.

Bills to Oppose are:

SB 17

SB 99

SB 377

Senate Bill 418

House Bill 4850

Awsome.

There is a mass e-mail called Mail Chimp.

Its free. takes a little to set up.

Once your mail list is set, you can paste a new letter.

and send to all.

It will also personalize letters first and last names.

Also sends report on who has opened it and and links clicked.

I can help, pretty good with it.

Politions use it.

Archived