Concern That I Have

So I just got a doctors recommendation to be eligible to use medical marijuana here in Michigan and have all the paperwork and the $100 check in an envelope ready to be sent in to the state. My only question/concern is by becoming a medical marijuana patient, am I putting myself in danger of the government/atf kicking down my door because doesn't the state have to give out the list of who has the card to the government if they ask for it? Thank you.

So I just got a doctors recommendation to be eligible to use medical marijuana here in Michigan and have all the paperwork and the $100 check in an envelope ready to be sent in to the state. My only question/concern is by becoming a medical marijuana patient, am I putting myself in danger of the government/atf kicking down my door because doesn't the state have to give out the list of who has the card to the government if they ask for it? Thank you.

I just sent in my third renewal. I first started with a CG back in 2009, but now I provide for myself. The medical grade marijuana has been an improvement on my life. I have also joined a community of people just like me, disabled, sick, willing to help out, and wanting to learn. I have been stopped by the police twice, both for traffic (I speed), and I never had any problems because I treated marijuana like a medicine - I had it locked up, I had my MDCH MMMP card (hidden in the wallet, if the need should arise), and I was treated with courtesy - like a normal citizen. My neighbors do not need to know what medicine I use, it is private.

How your experience will turn out, depends on how informed you are, how you connect with the MMMP community, and how you respect the medicine. It is a learning process you must take seriously, you will eventually want to learn to grow and provide for yourself. It is also a ethical choice - you should be aware when you are associating with medical users or recreational users. We try to encourage patients to try medibles, capsules, tinctures, and vaporizing - healthy forms of consumption.

Welcome!

DN

NO. They do not have a list. The feds did get the apps of 12 people, through a federal subpena, but only the 12 people involved....

I just sent in my third renewal. I first started with a CG back in 2009, but now I provide for myself. The medical grade marijuana has been an improvement on my life. I have also joined a community of people just like me, disabled, sick, willing to help out, and wanting to learn. I have been stopped by the police twice, both for traffic (I speed), and I never had any problems because I treated marijuana like a medicine - I had it locked up, I had my MDCH MMMP card (hidden in the wallet, if the need should arise), and I was treated with courtesy - like a normal citizen. My neighbors do not need to know what medicine I use, it is private.

How your experience will turn out, depends on how informed you are, how you connect with the MMMP community, and how you respect the medicine. It is a learning process you must take seriously, you will eventually want to learn to grow and provide for yourself. It is also a ethical choice - you should be aware when you are associating with medical users or recreational users. We try to encourage patients to try medibles, capsules, tinctures, and vaporizing - healthy forms of consumption.

Welcome!

DN

DN, you always have something positive and informative to say. We may have had issues before, but I just want to say that I appreciate every comment you add to this community. You are a good man DN. I'm glad to be a part of the community you serve! Medcnman.

DN, you always have something positive and informative to say. We may have had issues before, but I just want to say that I appreciate every comment you add to this community. You are a good man DN. I'm glad to be a part of the community you serve! Medcnman.

ME goodjob.gifTOO!

i just sent in my check tooooo ;) ...make sure you make COPIES!!!! of the check! multiple ones! same with paper work i make 3 copies of each before i sent stuff in 1 copy for the car, and 2 copies for the home all stapled together in 3 little packets

Each packets contains

MMMA - Rules/Laws

Packet of physician Cert

copy of cashed check

Copy of drivers license

and one of these see attatchment print it use itgot it from Mr.Tarzan

post-23480-0-35257600-1326292184_thumb.png

NO. They do not have a list. The feds did get the apps of 12 people, through a federal subpena, but only the 12 people involved....

this might change in the near future, but the patient list isn't of too much concern... it'l be the caregiver lists targeted, if any trouble should ever come.

as a patient... dr's, lawyers, biz execs, nurses, cops, politicians... all have registered in varying states. you should be just fine bro.

this might change in the near future, but the patient list isn't of too much concern... it'l be the caregiver lists targeted, if any trouble should ever come.

as a patient... dr's, lawyers, biz execs, nurses, cops, politicians... all have registered in varying states. you should be just fine bro.

I just got back from the post office. All my paperwork and check is on the way. :) Since I did not verify/choose a caregiver on the paperwork, I am defaulted as my own caregiver? So does that mean I am in that caregiver list? Thank you.

I just got back from the post office. All my paperwork and check is on the way. :) Since I did not verify/choose a caregiver on the paperwork, I am defaulted as my own caregiver? So does that mean I am in that caregiver list? Thank you.

No .. you have no caregiver. You may grow your own and supply yourself.

Wait until they have cashed your check, wait twenty days after that and bingo .. you're gold.

errr ... you have a green light :)

nope, u'r totally cool. they set it up where any person (within their limits) can become a caregiver/grower for other legally registered patients, so there is a seperate screening process... and the state keeps a list of both. u'r just a patient that retains the grow rights to your legally designated plants... you can assign another person those grow rights, but they are still your plants by the law... if that makes any sense. by default, you're just a legally registered patient entitled to grow your plants. ;-))

edit... oops, pb snuck that in on me... ;-)

ok that makes sense. Thank you all for the replies. Not we play the waiting game. :)

Yep. Congratulations I hope you find all the relief you are looking for, I am sure you will.

Do not worry about the registration thing be a patient, obey the act, and make yourself feel

better.

Ohh yea and remember GOD gave you this prescription it must be right.

So I got my green certified mail card back from Lansing today. It has two diff. stamps on it. One looks like its got 2 names and right below it a "prestige agent for jpm chase" and the second stamp says "Michigan Department of Treasury". Just wondering if these stamps are the correct ones I'm supposed to have on the green card? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived