Legalization, Our Only Way To Victory!

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2012/jan/12/feds_threaten_colorado_medical_m

Link Above Is Announcing Upcoming Crackdowns On Colorado Dispensaries.

The only way we will be completely safe is to all out legalize. It is the time, and they know it. I believe that is the reasoning behind all recent crackdowns...they are milking us for what they can because they FEAR what is coming. They can smell that sweet air starting to change, full of fruitiness, lemons and skunk! They are going to have to admit they were WRONG, for almost 100yrs, they will be faced with the truth behind there propaganda scare campaigns, all the false scientific information and MOST OF ALL the arrests and destroyed lives. But their fear of having to face up to that will not be enough to stop us now, we are winning! We must just keep it up and GET STRONGER STILL! Tell everyone cannabis is safe and you support reform and don't be afraid of who hears you. Our time is now, Their time was then!!!!

The road to legalization is not a straight one. The first thing we must do is defend the act. The act could be nullified in as little as 6 weeks. the election is 11 months away. Priorities are important. That is why we must build ad not develop tunnel vision. Overlooking the obvious could kill us. thanks, Bb

I am also concerned about this. We must keep the act alive or many patients will lose access and end up in jail or prison. I don't think going without meds for almost a year will be a viable solution. Legalization is not certain, far from it and I guarantee the state will sue to keep this off the ballot. If you look at how the courts have been ruling against patients and caregivers, there is reason to be concerned. I would rather work my donkey off to keep the act alive and have legalization go through, than lose the act and have the courts not allow legalization on the ballot. The Fed's will threaten Michigan with zero Federal funding among other things. The AG will sue to keep it of the ballot, I certainly hope none of their tactics are successful but even with enough signatures it is not certain. I am sure the signatures will be easily obtained, but to stop fighting for the law the voters approved already would be ridiculous.

I totally agree.

And I also know the great people of Michigan and the MMJ community can work in more areas than just one.

The things that are coming that are going to effect the MMM Act are not things the Michigan voters are going to be able to vote on. Those changes are being pushed as individual legislations. Yes, we can write letters, and it hopefully will have an effect on what the legislators might, or might not do.

As has already been well pointed out, the only way we can really have an effect upon things in Lansing, and locally, is to vote, and help remove those people from office that are underming the MMM Act, and yes, the MMM Act here in Michgan is being impacted by, and will continue to be impacted by those that might be elected into 'Federal' offices this November.

The 'cannabis legalization' proposal, if the signatures can be obtained, 'will' be on the ballot this November, and it won't take a rocket scientist to mark a ballot in its favor.

I am also concerned about this. We must keep the act alive or many patients will lose access and end up in jail or prison. I don't think going without meds for almost a year will be a viable solution. Legalization is not certain, far from it and I guarantee the state will sue to keep this off the ballot. If you look at how the courts have been ruling against patients and caregivers, there is reason to be concerned. I would rather work my donkey off to keep the act alive and have legalization go through, than lose the act and have the courts not allow legalization on the ballot. The Fed's will threaten Michigan with zero Federal funding among other things. The AG will sue to keep it of the ballot, I certainly hope none of their tactics are successful but even with enough signatures it is not certain. I am sure the signatures will be easily obtained, but to stop fighting for the law the voters approved already would be ridiculous.

I certainly hope no one stops fighting for the MMM Act.

And I don't think anyone suggested that they were 'going' to stop fighting for the MMM Act.

But to ignore working on 'full legalization' I believe would 'also' be a mistake.

And those that only have the energy or inclination to work toward one or the other, so be it.

But I believe we can do both... and I don't think that is being overly optimistic at all, or being neligent of the MMM Act.

My energies, however, are going to go toward 'both'.

JMTCW.

we should Hold a day where every city goes out and does what needs to be done full force at 1 time.

set a date...

Get everyone on board...

Get signs ready ....

get petitions ready...

gather the troops...

on the day everyone just scatter! State wide Rally same time same date

I emailed one of the coordinators on the legalities of doing a petition signing drive outside the kent county courthous downtown GR, 80% of people comming and going from there will sign, and prolly instant media coverage cuz thier always there anyway. what do you guys think... be respectful and professional, but right in thier faces with it!lol cant wait.

I emailed one of the coordinators on the legalities of doing a petition signing drive outside the kent county courthous downtown GR, 80% of people comming and going from there will sign, and prolly instant media coverage cuz thier always there anyway. what do you guys think... be respectful and professional, but right in thier faces with it!lol cant wait.

Here is an excerpt of the petitioning rights PDF i recieved from one of repealtoday.org coordinators...

Q. Do I have a constitutional right to petition?

A. Yes. Circulating a petition is “core political speech” deserving of the strongest possible

protection under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.2

Q. May I petition on public sidewalks?

A. Yes. The Supreme Court has said that public sidewalks are “traditional public forums”

that are “held in trust for the use of the public” for the purposes of “communicating

thoughts between citizens, and discussing public questions.” 3 The government may not

ban petitioning on sidewalks and it may not require petitioners to obtain a permit.4 It

may only establish “reasonable” rules such as rules against blocking pedestrian traffic or

the entrance to buildings and parking lots and rules against setting up tables on sidewalks.

Please note that you only have a constitutional right to petition on sidewalks running next

to public streets. Thus, while you have a right to petition on the sidewalk adjacent to

Main Street, you do not necessarily have a right to petition on the sidewalk that runs on a private street.

I have the whole pdf if anyone wants a copy...sounds like were doin it, maybe a month or 2 out, going to get alot of people out there. signs and hopefully cocoa!

Petitioning Rights - Final.pdf

i agree we have tried the have it on the ballot in Detroit and the court would not let in on it what makes this any differed am just saying we should all be fighting for what we have

don't put all of are egg in 1 basket

Archived