A Request To Meet With Your Rep Or Sen

I sent the following to my rep as his prior responses seemed positive but they were also a little vague. Feel free to use any or all of this to write to your own rep if you feel you might be able to have some impact.

Go to congress.org to find your reps. Enter your zipcode on the right hand side of the page to see all of your representatives.

-----------------------------

Dear Representative xxxxx,

I know that you folks are dealing with a lot lately but I must stand up and ask for your attention.

The law that has so greatly improved my quality of life is in danger of being effectively strangled. I have a chronic pain problem that has driven me to over a dozen different doctors and therapists, spinal fusion surgery, and filling over 20 various prescriptions for general pain, nerve pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and sleep problems.

Today, I maintain prescriptions for several of these but my use of those pills is down over 95%. I am not cured but I am able to live now as opposed to just existing.

In my opinion, the vocal opponents of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act are on personal political missions. These people have plenty of experience prosecuting cannabis patients but they have no experience, none, in using cannabis to treat their own medical conditions. I hope you see that there are no medical cannabis experts among Schuette, Rick Jones, Jessica Cooper, Judge O'Connell, or Sheriff Bouchard. These people have obstructed the implementaion of the law as voted for by the people.

Please let me know your thoughts as soon as possible. As a highly affected constituent, I would appreciate a chance to meet with you in person before you vote if you intend to support any of these anti medical cannabis bills.

I need your help with this issue and I appreciate your attention. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Rep Tim Walberg of Michigans 7th Congressional District will be haveing a town hall meeting at Lorreens Cafe 8124 Main St Dexter Michigan 734-426-2255 This coming Monday January 16th 2012 starting at 8am focusing on jobs in the Michigan economy and is asking for public comment . There is a library with wifi 1 block north on the street along side the cafe on the Huron River just past the Farmers Market . This is a wonderful place for breakfast and may be a good opertunity for intrested Citizens to meet with one of their representatives in this part of the State and one of the largest districts . .

• 2 weeks later...

I sent the following to my rep as his prior responses seemed positive but they were also a little vague. Feel free to use any or all of this to write to your own rep if you feel you might be able to have some impact.

Go to congress.org to find your reps. Enter your zipcode on the right hand side of the page to see all of your representatives.

Dear Representative xxxxx,

I know that you folks are dealing with a lot lately but I must stand up and ask for your attention.

The law that has so greatly improved my quality of life is in danger of being effectively strangled. I have a chronic pain problem that has driven me to over a dozen different doctors and therapists, spinal fusion surgery, and filling over 20 various prescriptions for general pain, nerve pain, muscle spasms, anxiety, constipation, diarrhea, stomach cramps, and sleep problems.

Today, I maintain prescriptions for several of these but my use of those pills is down over 95%. I am not cured but I am able to live now as opposed to just existing.

In my opinion, the vocal opponents of the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act are on personal political missions. These people have plenty of experience prosecuting cannabis patients but they have no experience, none, in using cannabis to treat their own medical conditions. I hope you see that there are no medical cannabis experts among Schuette, Rick Jones, Jessica Cooper, Judge O'Connell, or Sheriff Bouchard. These people have obstructed the implementaion of the law as voted for by the people.

Please let me know your thoughts as soon as possible. As a highly affected constituent, I would appreciate a chance to meet with you in person before you vote if you intend to support any of these anti medical cannabis bills.

I need your help with this issue and I appreciate your attention. Thank you.

Sincerely,

I had a telephone meeting with Representative David Rutledge today. He is in agreement that patients should have access but has not yet studied the new bills. I asked that after he studied them that I would like to know which bills he thought he would support, if any, and why. I said that I would then like some more time to discuss the impact of those bills on patients and caregivers. He agreed and told me that he would get back to me.

I had a telephone meeting with Representative David Rutledge today. He is in agreement that patients should have access but has not yet studied the new bills. I asked that after he studied them that I would like to know which bills he thought he would support, if any, and why. I said that I would then like some more time to discuss the impact of those bills on patients and caregivers. He agreed and told me that he would get back to me.

How long did it take to have this phone-meeting take place? I called and requested one with my rep on Monday.

Originally I wanted a face to face but they wanted to schedule too far out, so I took the earlier phone appointment. That still was nearly a week out, if I recall.

Yes her office tried the same thing with me wanted to wait till mid Feb, I told them time was of extreme importance here so they said a phone-meeting would be the only option. I'm waiting on a return call for a date and time.

After my phone call I sent a thank you email and got a reply. Here are both

------------------------

Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 11:26 AM

To: Rep. David Rutledge

Subject: Re: Medical Cannabis

Dear Representative Rutledge,

Dave, I very much appreciate your time this morning. I can see that you are a very busy man.

Just to beat these points to death....

Please let me know of any information that you may learn with regard to any medical cannabis related legislation. We want to be certain to let folks know when they would be able to come to Lansing and be heard by our representatives so we are especially interested in any information related to the timing of any hearings.

Also, after you've gotten a chance to look over the pending medical cannabis bills, please let me know of any that you feel inclined to support and why you feel that the legislation is needed. I would then appreciate a chance to discuss those issues with you in more depth.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Fri, January 27, 2012 2:17:06 PMRE: Medical Cannabis

From: Rep. David Rutledge <district054@house.mi.gov>View Contact

To: xxxxxxx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear xxxxxxx,

Thank you, too, for your time yesterday – I’m so sorry that we were cut short, but I do appreciate how much you’ve reached out during the last year. I will absolutely keep you updated as we learn more about what the final legislation will look like.

Regards,

David

State Representative David E. Rutledge

Michigan House District 54

Phone: 517-373-1771

Fax: 517-373-5797

www.davidrutledge.housedems.com

www.facebook.com/derutledge

Archived