Lucas Method In Soil

Mickeydee

Not really a good comparison though, we're comparing lucas to non-lucas, LST'd to no training and 4 week veg to however long you vegged and yadda yadaa...

Are you trying to sell something other than the lucas method? Not trying to be rude or nothing but after reading through this again it just struck me funny that your comparison seemes more like a subtle challenge or something lol.

I mean if you want to really look at the whole picture and compare the results of one nute to your 3 or whatever, it should be done side by side under the same conditions, same strain etc... right? :)

im making no comparisons myself. as i am aware, i am pretty similar to a lucas method in soil. and the round i have in bloom currently is even more similar than the one i posted above. So if any comparison would be made, it would be between my post above, and the results of this round when done, as it is more similar than the other to the Lucas Method. again, as i am understanding the whole concept.

for sure i do. text is easy to read between the lines, and hard to sometimes take the read for what it is. ahh the lovely life of forum communitcations lol

my current setup is only using DG Foliage Pro for my base, with only Pro tect for a lil protection. then it ll supplement a small amount of Mag Pro thru a few of the bloom feedings.

As i understand, this would seem to be pretty close to what the Lucas Method is for Soil, unless i am fully mis understanding the whole Lucas Method, which is possible, as I havent really read up on it.

for sure i do. text is easy to read between the lines, and hard to sometimes take the read for what it is. ahh the lovely life of forum communitcations lol

my current setup is only using DG Foliage Pro for my base, with only Pro tect for a lil protection. then it ll supplement a small amount of Mag Pro thru a few of the bloom feedings.

As i understand, this would seem to be pretty close to what the Lucas Method is for Soil, unless i am fully mis understanding the whole Lucas Method, which is possible, as I havent really read up on it.

Lucas method at its core is FloraMicro (5-0-1) and FloraBloom (0-5-4), you use double the bloom as micro, so you could say 0-10-8, add the two together, 5-10-6. Foliage Pro is 9-3-6. Not really the same as the lucas method when compared against the macro nutes.

Hopefully that clears the confusion a bit.

I know the standard method is with the GN nutes. Ive read a few "variations" of it using other nute lines. seems the majority of it boils down the Method itself, ie, one base food, with a correct simple supplement for bloom. but, as i ve noted, ive not really read up on the actual lucas method, more of the Variations others used that credit the Method of it itself..

I know the standard method is with the GN nutes. Ive read a few "variations" of it using other nute lines. seems the majority of it boils down the Method itself, ie, one base food, with a correct simple supplement for bloom. but, as i ve noted, ive not really read up on the actual lucas method, more of the Variations others used that credit the Method of it itself..

As I knew it, Lucas developed the forumulation based on two things. First, an unknown leaf sample was tested for NPK value. Second, he chose the widest available nutrient that would satisfy the levels he found in the test. That happened to be GH Flora Micro and Bloom. So you can see the "method" is tied to the NPK value of the nutes, which is why AN is an accepted substitute using their 3 part (jungle juice).

To be fair, this method has evolved for 20 or so years, and since I do not follow it that closely, I can't say with any certainty if what I read was true or not, then or now lol.

thats about what i understand Caffine. I was thinking this is kind of where the NPK of 3-1-2 in veg and 1-3-2 in bloom came from.

those are the NPK values i try to stick to in each cycle, using Dyna Gro Foliage Pro, and Bloom with a bit of Pro tect for vigor...

the next run, im varying it by using the Foliage Pro (which is a 3-1-2 NPK ratio) and supplementing with Mag Pro inbloom, again with a bit of pro tect for vigor in the plant itself with the silica it adds.

Archived