Planet Green Trees Webisode #75

Michael Komorn

Webisode #75 Listen Here

gallery_29742_1028_124275.gif

Special Guest: Mich State Rep Phil Cavanagh (D) of Redford Twp, Livonia and Dearborn Hts in House District 17

Additional Guest: TBA

Call-In Number: (347) 326-9626

Live Every Thursday 8 - 10:00 p.m.

Your host: Attorney Michael Komorn of KomornLaw

Regular guests: Chad from the Birmingham Compassion Club, Peanut Butter, Rick Thompson of Michigan Medical Marijuana Magazine, Jamie Lowell of Third Coast Compassion Center, recovering patient Mike McShane, and producer / engineer Theo.

Tonight's Show Sponsored By:

MMMA: michiganmedicalmarijuana.org

Thanks to CEO Joe Cain...and all the mods

Komorn Law Atty Michael Komorn (800) 656-3557

Green Thumb Garden Center of Ferndale (248) 439-1851

Webisode #75 Listen Here

Representative Phil Cavanaugh (D) will be joining us on the phone this evening. He represents parts of Wayne, Livonia, and Redford, and along with Representative Ken Horn ®, is heading up a House task force to make recommendations on clarifying the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. He would like to hear form our callers about their experiences under the Act, what works and what is not, and ideas for how the Legislature can help ease the situation.

Please call in with questions!

Am sure he does not want to here are experiences

Yes his bill would be terrible for patients who definitely need protections from sanctions denying other medications and procedures due to cannabis use also . This abuse is occuring most frequently in pain clinics in our major hospitals with others following the policy depending on their own personal beliefs surrounding medicinal cannabis . Anyone with any understanding of medical history knows the drugs most often being denied were prescribed and formulated together in patented medicines up until prohibition . For many people cannabis allows them to tolerate medications they cannot without it as well as helps certian medications work in a improved manner . You can only find out by easing into it there is no other way to be sure . I stand with the Americans who believe we should always err on the side of caution while allowing for access under personal choice .

If they had implemented the law you, Torrey, Larry and so many others would not be getting persecuted. When I was writing my first post today I was thinking of you folks. I am sorry for everything that has happened to you. Thanks, BB

thanks

i know lots of people that are sorry to but it's not the time for that now we need to fill the court room here in Oakland County

you know lots of people you can try and help us get the word out to every body you know to show up for are trial if we get as many people that was inn Lansing that would for sure work

thanks BT

Great show tonight, Wish there was more time as I only had the chance to get the first part of my statement out, so i ll follow it up here.

As i was saying on the show, Many of us are beyond the scared part, and down right perturbed over the entire system right now.

This has made me take the steps to do more than just vote in the elections. Because of the total lack of common justice being perpetrated against the Michigan Citizens, I have resolved myself to talk to everyone I can about this issue and not just my local reps.

Im not alone either. Many people in and out of the Medical Cannabis community are not pleased... as noted in the call, this has went beyond a Medical Cannabis issue, and progressed into a human rights issue.

I hope representative Canenaugh will be able to read this thread and the follow ups offered with in...

If you do, a quote I would like to offer.

"If we allow the government to dictate and control what we put into our bodies, soon our bodies will be in as sad of a state as the government."

Thomas Jefferson

I did not intent to give a radical "Free the Weed" message. That is a sorry exercise of free speach in my opinion, nor was the intent to sound left wing ratical.

But rather to give him the message, that people are very afraid, but once they come to terms with that fear (ive always used fear and turned it into drive and will power) they do one of 2 things, deal with it, or use it to their advantage.

Many like myself are done dealing with it. I would like to let our Legislation know the People ARE Watching, very closely.... They should be walking on Egg Shells if they value their legislative chair to set in. If they are not carefull, they will not have that comfy chair come January 2013.

I predict like in 2010, when we seen a sweeping jump to a repubican swell into those availabl offices, this year, will see it swing back the other way, and twice as hard.

Also, I have Faith the Recall of Bill Schuette petition drive will be a success, and he Will be up for recall in November.

While my point may be somewhat radical, the citizen becoming deeply involved in the politics of the day, our Legislative body needs to be aware, we will react with our vote according to their conduct at following the Will of the People in the circumstance of Medical Cannabis, but also in the rest of our current state of affairs.

Yes alot of us are pissed, buy unless their is a Sweeping change bringing co operation between the Judicial Branch, Law Enforcement, and the MMM Act of '08, then our legislation will hear more citizens speaking up like myself.

Great show last night. Really encouraging to hear representative Cavanagh's views on the law. He is one of the good guys. He raised a good point though, with the current state of the economy and the republican controlled senate and republican governor and AG, it is unlikely we will see any favorable legislature, if any, for a long time.

Ask the Clare Compassion Club.

There is only one who knows me well.

The rest will on Saturday.

I am a member.I am a bulldozer who wont hurt flowers.

I am starting to get healthier now, So I can fight.

Bob you will like me when you know me.

I am full of emotion today,

Coming out party is not till tomorrow.

They don't get to say whether we go back to Lansing. I couldn't help but think about Birmingham when he was speaking about protest. They said the kids that were protesting didn't have the right. They weren't as good as white kids. That they wouldn't get their way. That while they turned lose the dogs and fire hoses. Protest are not for the benefit of the government but so we can communicate our grievances. They would love for us to silently accept our fate. They will hear us at the gates of hell. Prepare folks. We will fight them every way we can. Thanks, bb

Joe, I think you may be too close to the issue of protests to have heard the Representative.

What was worth taking away from his comment was his description of the mentality of the republicans in Lansing. He described a situation where the unions were able to mount a 10,000 plus protest on the steps that was deafing inside, yet the republicans voted 100% lock step, during the protest, agaist the unions. They do not care about anything other than their own agenda.

Also look at the Occupy wall street, You can say vote the gentlemen out, but guess what they have the power to vote out our law ,by the time we vote them out our law will be hacked, it is time sorry to say to work with them not to call them names

We slowed the legislation. maybe but its still going to be worked on

for the benefit of patients we need not to be calling names

remember they have the power to hack our law, calling them names is not going to help out

Also look at the Occupy wall street, You can say vote the gentlemen out, but guess what they have the power to vote out our law ,by the time we vote them out our law will be hacked, it is time sorry to say to work with them not to call them names

We slowed the legislation. maybe but its still going to be worked on

for the benefit of patients we need not to be calling names

remember they have the power to hack our law, calling them names is not going to help out

Anytime one displays frustration and anger it triggers the same in others and weakens communication resulting in slower progress . Prohibitionists never were able to control their's resulting in harmful policy based on exploitation and abuse of those with differing views from their own . They struggle to live in a society of tolerance and diversity unable to cope with others whom require freedom to choose .

Archived