Can I Get My Money Back?

If they succeed in gutting the MMJ law and render my card(which i have yet to receive) useless, can I get my $100.00 back?

I'm serious. They shouldn't be able to take my money then change the law...that's stealing.

your card im sure will not be rendered useless. medical patients will still be recognized amongst recreational users. i just believe being part of the mmm act opposed to being recreational once it passes will allow us different regulations(not for the worse)like being medicated at work as opposed to being "stoned". also since only people who are actually really sick would need to get thier card(since most would medicate without it) would bring down application and renewl fees prolly to 10-20 bucks

Are you speaking of the restrictive reforms proposed in Lansing or if the Legalization effort passes ? It has always been interesting that Nowhere in the Act does it ever specifically say they could charge a fee or tax in the first place only that the MDCH had a obligation to oversee registration and adding strains .

Your bring up a interesting point because in a fair world after all the reforms are said and done there will be no need for a database of patients and thus no fee's .

We can only hope and pray that at some point in the future people will not understand the fear and political environment the sick and injured have lived in these past several decades of prohibition and why we allowed ourselves to be exhorted and licensed to use a medicinal plant that grows and stores easily without regulations creating problems .

It saddens me to know dozens of activists around the State and patients are still being prosecuted for what many consider protected medical use . Seriously the card right now is invaluable for those it protects . All of us supporting the program whether we ever have to use it or not are ensuring legal medical cannabis is moving forward and patients are receiving some protections . It is a good thing keeping the registry alive however , I too envision a day where no card is necessary because all use is legal , out in the open . A matter of personal choice .

Are you speaking of the restrictive reforms proposed in Lansing or if the Legalization effort passes ? It has always been interesting that Nowhere in the Act does it ever specifically say they could charge a fee or tax in the first place only that the MDCH had a obligation to oversee registration and adding strains .

When the state started charging a fee it would seem they definitely recognized the medical value to the patient and the need of commerce to move into normal parameters for herbal remedies . However any refund I am sure would take a costly class action suit . I hope the other patient is correct that eventually qualified registered patients will be protected for work , have access to education etc . Your on the right track because in a fair world after all the reforms are said and done there will be no need for a database of patients and thus no fee's .

We can only hope and pray that at some point in the future people will not understand the fear and political environment the sick and injured have lived in these past several decades of prohibition and why we allowed ourselves to be exhorted and licensed to use a medicinal plant that grows and stores easily without regulations creating problems .

It saddens me to know dozens of activists around the State and patients are still being prosecuted for what many consider protected medical use . Seriously the card right now is invaluable for those it protects . All of us supporting the program whether we ever have to use it or not are ensuring legal medical cannabis is moving forward and patients are receiving some protections .

I agree, the mmm act WAS fantastic, our cards USED to protect us, but now takes up space next to a maxed out visa(jk lol) It seems legalization is our only choice, as colorado, washington and a few other states rallying to end prohibition are showing us. We are not alone in michigan, for the politicians and LEO's in all states are the only ones actually ABUSING marijuana laws, medical or not! go to stopthedrugwar.org and thier is a story about a seattle cop murdering a man because of a "suspected" drug deal in a coffee shop parking lot. now yes they could have been dealing meth, but they may have been doing a p2p transfer perfectly legal by law, and if somebody shoots at me(cop or not) and im doing something legal, im runnin to!!!! anyway the end of prohibition needs to happen not just for us, but for society. I do believe the sick are first priority in the war on cannabis, but we can also not be so selfish as to not want the world to experience our wonderful medicine, many can benifet from cannabis who are not considered "serioulsy or chronically" ill and we know this, once it is legal 8 out of 10 users will be for some kind of medical/mental/physical benifit anyway, while a few stragglers will be left to do a few bong rips at a party.

Are you speaking of the restrictive reforms proposed in Lansing or if the Legalization effort passes ?

Hey Croppled,

I was speaking of the restrictive reforms that may pass here in a few weeks. It really angers me that they take sick peoples money under the pretense of a law, then change that law to possibly a point of making them criminals when just trying to deal with their illness, ailments, etc. after they took their money. I bet if I contracted to the state for x amount of money to provide a service, etc., then told them I changed my rules and couldn't finish the job they would sue me.

You make some good points, we shouldn't need a card, be registered, etc., that's why quite honestly I always felt MMJ would never work. I always felt full legalization was the best route IMO. But I know it has to be done in steps too.

Ok here's the deal:

according to LARA'S web site you can withdraw from the MMM program and get a full refund of your money, so long as they have not issued your card yet.

http://www.michigan.gov/lara/0,4601,7-154-27417_51869_52140---,00.html

Question: Can a patient withdraw from the program?

Answer: Yes. A patient must submit a written statement that he or she wishes to withdraw from the MMMP. The MMMP will request that all cards be returned and the file will be closed. The patient's card and all cards associated will be voided. It is the responsibility of the patient to notify his or her caregiver, if applicable, that his or her card is no longer valid. It is the patient's responsibility to collect all cards associated with his or her patient card and return them to the Department. If the Department is notified by the patient that he or she would like to withdraw from the program, the Department shall notify the primary caregiver by mail at the address of record informing the caregiver that his or her card is no longer valid and must be returned to the Department within fourteen (14) calendar days. All cards must be returned to the Department within fourteen (14) calendar days of the date that the Department was notified of withdrawal. If the patient so chooses he or she may reapply as a new patient at any time. In order to reapply a patient must submit the required documentation and application fee.

Question: Do patients get a refund if they withdraw from the program?

Answer: Yes and no. No refund will be given for patients who withdraw once their cards have been issued. A refund may be given to a patient who withdraws before cards are issued.

I am lucky, they haven't started issuing cards for September yet and wont do so until March.

This means I can hang out and see if they gut this bill with all their amendments. If they don't, or if it ends up not so bad I'll stay in the program, if it ends up like Blueberry says, I'm out, and will make those lowlifes pay me every cent of my money back.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/37006-what-the-world-will-be-like-the-day-after-the-legislature-passes-the-bills/

I will continue to fight but not in the program. I cannot risk my family, my life savings, nor myself to sit in a cage for the next 7-14 years. I can fight much better outside of a cage then in. I've been through this once already in my life and it's enough for anyone once.

I will shift gears towards full legalization, see how they like that when everyone can medicate/cultivate, etc. when needed.

My first mistake was believing there was compassion among politicians, but I should have known that they are incapable of compassion and when there is money involved compassion goes out the window.

That will be my last mistake. :growl:

Guess they changed that but dont be surprised if they tell you that your card was issued in sept and just not printed yet.

Oh it's true

All my cards were issued shortly after my check was cashed and about

5 MONTHS LATER>>>

I received my cardgrowl.gif

Oh it's true

All my cards were issued shortly after my check was cashed and about

5 MONTHS LATER>>>

I received my cardgrowl.gif

Same here issued in August. Received in January.

Based on the 5 month lag time I would need to renew in 2 months in order to have a current, non-expired hard card on me at all times.

Come on. Really?

With the high rate of unemployment seems like they could hire a few more staff. Considering that office had an $ 8,000,000 profit last year.

Hows that for service ...

If they succeed in gutting the MMJ law and render my card(which i have yet to receive) useless, can I get my $100.00 back?

I'm serious. They shouldn't be able to take my money then change the law...that's stealing.

amen brother. we need to take over the state! we need to get all pot heads, med patients, and those who are pro marijuana to vote. that would be the majority. The reason we didn't legalize in the 70s was simple, pot heads were not registered to vote. It is still a big problem.

They process the apps at the same time they cash your check.

Before they send out the cards they wait for a while.

It also sounds like they send the information off somewhere else before they mail out the card. Like they send it out (to the office of BS?) and wait for permission to mail the card.

It's either that or they delay sending everyones card in the hopes you will get busted before they send the card.

They process the apps at the same time they cash your check.

Before they send out the cards they wait for a while.

It also sounds like they send the information off somewhere else before they mail out the card. Like they send it out (to the office of BS?) and wait for permission to mail the card.

It's either that or they delay sending everyones card in the hopes you will get busted before they send the card.

they had a message on their site (when I was waiting I went there to check) that they were months behind because there was 2 of them and 40.000 apps. but yes the government has never been trustworthy.

they had a message on their site (when I was waiting I went there to check) that they were months behind because there was 2 of them and 40.000 apps. but yes the government has never been trustworthy.

Well son of a gun! With all that money they are bringing in they should have no problem hiring a couple more people!! Any other area of the Govt. would have no problem doing that!!!

Archived