Bill Would Make Industrial Hemp Legal In Kentucky

LongHairBri

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) Hemp could replace tobacco as Kentucky's top cash crop and improve the state's economy, said legislators who are proposing that it be made legal.

Hemp is the same plant as marijuana, but is grown so that it does not contain enough of the drug THC to be intoxicating.

Rep. Richard Henderson, a Jeffersonville Democrat, is sponsoring the bill.

Sen. Joey Pendleton, a Hopkinsville Democrat who also backs it, said Congress will have to change federal law to allow its enactment.

Agriculture Commissioner Jamie Comer said growing industrial hemp would allow expansion of Kentucky farm markets and create jobs in rural communities.

Hemp seed can be used for fuel, and its fiber can be used for making paper, clothes and other products.

we need to FLOOD Stabenows Email Phone and Mail Boxes....

She wants a Grow Mi, Make Mi campaign , it must include HEMP if it ever desires to be good for the state, and not just another failed policy of wasted scarce state finances and nothing more than another big corporate entitlement.

We import billions of dollars worth of hemp and export billions of dollars of OUR money and jobs.

What has always got me about hemp and it's really kind of funny as they want to end outdoor grown medical/recreational Cannabis, is if they did allow the growing of hemp the pollen it would make would ruin ANY outdoor grown thc containing cannabis as it would seed and ruin it all and make any grown outdoors as nasty as hemp .. Your mostest strongest strains would be reduced to nothen more then ,, well,,,, hemp hehehehe junk... Which would solve there issue of folks growing good cannabis outdoors.

Yes, they are stupid and the outdoor Cannabis growers are glad........

Just more of the insanity that our leaders keep in places not matter how stupid it really is.

Hmmm, hemp = money and jobs for our country and end outdoor grown Marihuana. Now I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but even I can see what needs to be done...

Hmmm, hemp = money and jobs for our country and end outdoor grown Marihuana. Now I'm not the sharpest tack in the box but even I can see what needs to be done...

Yes!! Any normal person with a little bit of common sense can see how Hemp industry could create jobs, a sustainable and natural resource. however......There are far too many other industries that will fight tooth and nail to keep hemp from being mass produced like it was early in our countries history. Not for fear of a "drug", but simply so it doesn't ruin their business. Lobbying and lining pockets goes a long way in this country.

Plus, this to me is very odd with Kentucky's stance on marijuana

Huge question: Do we really want commercial hemp to be grown all over the place ?

I am thinking that would be terrible for our medical grade plants. Wouldn't the pollen from this near zero THC commercial hemp "knock up" all our girls in our grow rooms ?

If you start planting thousands of acres of this hemp, I'm thinking that is a lot of pollen, as they don't just grow the females, and that means tons of bunk pollen in the air.

Start doing this nationwide, and it will become a challenge keeping our girls safe from the horny male commercial hemp pollen.

Hemp can be planted utilizing femed F1 seeds. that will only produce females.

if you grow outside, yes male pollen cold cross. but if Femed seeds are used, it would be minimal if at all.

also, most are growing inside and many have a sealed room with filtration. this would do much to cut the amount of pollen for cross breeding.

but yes it is a factor, but the gains far outweigh the risks.

I think commercial hemp is a great plant. My concern is that if the commercial hemp isn't isn't 100% female, then there will be commercial hemp male pollen all over the place.

And, then we would all be bummed to find out our beautiful medical marijuana girls are getting knocked up, and going to seed. That is the part I fear. We don't want seeds in our buds, right ???

I am for commercial hemp, as long as they are using 100% females.

Archived