Drying Room

I had someone tell me today that a friend they no lost a case because the drying room was not locked and secured this was a 60 yr old lady not that has anyting to do with it but they wouldnt let her use affirmative defence. jury kept asking judge during deliberations if she had a med card or not. I dont no many more details anyone no this case or where it happened? Does your drying area/room/closet half to be locked and secured to be legal?

hey spartyon,i'm no lawyer but my understanding is that all MMJ must be secured against access by any persons other than the patient,or cg..so yes the dry room has to be locked,,,the place you store finished meds.has to be secured...the more locks you have to through to get to your meds the better..why wouldn't you want to lock up your treasure?..lol...it keeps the honest honest and pisses off the fuzz when they lose a chance to say "got ya"..bp

The law was written with the intent of only the plants needing to be locked and enclosed. The original rules for the program included all marijuana being locked, but they were rejected for the current rules that more reflect the law. That being said, the courts have made no clear decisions on harvested plants. Are they even plants? Are they usable marijuana? How do they count towards your 2.5? Since LEO and the courts are pretending like they can not read, who know what goofy interpretation they will come up with. I would keep all plants locked, even harvest drying plants, but there is a good case for them not needing to be locked. They are not plants, they have no roots. They are not usable marijuana yet, because they have not been processed.

At minimum, it seems like it would be something the trier of fact, the jury should decide, but that would take judges looking at this with no bias. When you have ruined so many good peoples lives, and some not so good, over a simple plant, it is hard to change midstream to protecting people instead of hurting them.

I had someone tell me today that a friend they no lost a case because the drying room was not locked and secured this was a 60 yr old lady not that has anyting to do with it but they wouldnt let her use affirmative defence. jury kept asking judge during deliberations if she had a med card or not. I dont no many more details anyone no this case or where it happened? Does your drying area/room/closet half to be locked and secured to be legal?

Terrible Situation. Sounds like the jury was un informed about jury nulification. the minute the judge refused to answer their questions, the jury should of Nullified the Trial... We need to spread the word on Jury Nullification! It is a Huge Tool for the People to use, and we Should be using it.

as far as the drying goes, it would seem only logical the drying meds needs to be secured as the growing and useable meds do.

impo, this should of been a, 30 day fixit ticket, show things are right, and its a non issue, but their is no money in that.

I try to pretend that if I was raided or inspected at any moment, everything would look presentable to a judge or jury - medical use, a locked and secure grow room posted with signs and notice, and a closet with a lock for drying (simply change the door knob to a locking type). I could post signs and notice on the drying room too.

The idea is to have some discipline in keeping a lawful, orderly house. I am not a neat freak, but I do want the most protection I could get under law. If we get in the mentality that marijuana is medicine, we might treat it better - jars instead of plastic baggies, glass instead of acrylic bongs and homemade metal pipes, a better grade of marijuana, and locked briefcases instead of paper bags. Maybe if we treat it differently it will send a message to the younger people in the home.

DN

Archived