Petitions To Legalize Marijuana

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I've been watching the forum for a while, looking for a way to effectively help out. I thought getting the word out on a site as powerful as reddit might help our cause. I also posted links to the email-o-matic, and change.org petition. Hope everyone approves. I would love to do anything I can to help the cause for anyone who can benefit from marijuana, medical, and otherwise.

Here is the link:http://www.reddit.co...rive_under_way/

I realize r/trees is not the most conservative community of medical/recreational marijuana activism, but I believe everyone has a part in this fight. Everyone's rights are at risk.

Nice first post :thumbsu: Thanks for helping get the word out - the petition was almost 1600 when I was there a few minutes ago. I "StumbledUpon" it and Google +1'd it, Facebooked but I don't really know how to Tweet. Between everyone we're doing a good job of getting the word out!

Nice first post :thumbsu: Thanks for helping get the word out - the petition was almost 1600 when I was there a few minutes ago. I "StumbledUpon" it and Google +1'd it, Facebooked but I don't really know how to Tweet. Between everyone we're doing a good job of getting the word out!

I figured over 1500 up votes on reddit is a start. And i am trying to post further comments that direct people to the email-o-matic and petitions. The Reddit community's power is one of the reasons SOPA and PIPA have been shelved. Maybe we can utilize it further to our advantage. It seems most of reddit supports us. Anyone who can upvote the reddit posts that support our issues, will do a lot in raising awareness for our community. If we were able to get serious national attention, it might also spook the legislature into leaving the medical law alone. Each day we need to fight harder than the previous, or the few rights we have left will be crushed.

Anyone signing the CHANGE.ORG petition can comment about the other petition(s) and repeal effort for legalization in Michigan. It was kinda late and could have been mentioned. Coulda woulda shoulda. The CHANGE.ORG petition was just something I suggested we do.

My point was to gain some national coverage and utilize SOME kinda social networking. I've never been on Reddit, but from what you say i love it already! thanks for doing your part.

I figured over 1500 up votes on reddit is a start. And i am trying to post further comments that direct people to the email-o-matic and petitions. The Reddit community's power is one of the reasons SOPA and PIPA have been shelved. Maybe we can utilize it further to our advantage. It seems most of reddit supports us. Anyone who can upvote the reddit posts that support our issues, will do a lot in raising awareness for our community. If we were able to get serious national attention, it might also spook the legislature into leaving the medical law alone. Each day we need to fight harder than the previous, or the few rights we have left will be crushed.

Link us to that post reddit is a very strong community.

3557 votes cast on this reddit in the last eight hours.2395 up and 1162 down.

That means that there have probably been in excess of 7,000 views in that time.

http://redd.it/oq8wq

I would expect to have seen a nice spike up at the web http://repealtoday.org Perhaps another few hundred volunteers TODAY.

3557 votes cast on this reddit in the last eight hours.2395 up and 1162 down.

That means that there have probably been in excess of 7,000 views in that time.

http://redd.it/oq8wq

I would expect to have seen a nice spike up at the web http://repealtoday.org Perhaps another few hundred volunteers TODAY.

PB, if someone can get a stack to me I han help distribute petitions in my area. Either folks can come pick em up or I can meet them half way somewhere. I am so excited about this!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!

The People want legalization, governments do NOT, big pharma does NOT, gov listens to pharma. Despite this, we still need to keep at it and hammer our message home, keep it in their face, fight their lies with Truth. Find whoever votes for prohibition and VOTE THEM OUT. I make sure legislators know the voters are watching them and will act accordingly if our voice is ignored. They don't see the advantage of legalization yet. Tell them, and keep telling them, show them, meet with them, let them know Cannabis Heals.

Sincerely, Sb :wub:

Montcalm County.

Does this work?

John & Christeen Landino - Eastpointe, MI

Last Updated by theraginasian 23 hours ago

CALL AHEAD! 586.774.3163

Distribution of petitions, delivery of signed petitions, and signing of

petitions (have call first, 7 days...10am-7pm).

24614 Mabray Ave

Eastpointe, MI 48021

Does this work?

No, too far - I figure if i give it a little more time, they will get things going closer to me, I found a link with all the sites where petitions are available. Just can't travel real far; I was hoping something would be available in Greenville or Mt. Pleasant, even Jackson, but I need to be trained too. one of the "cities" that are closer to me. Right now, everything's in Detroit, Flint, etc. I just gotta have patience I guess :)

No, too far - I figure if i give it a little more time, they will get things going closer to me, I found a link with all the sites where petitions are available. Just can't travel real far; I was hoping something would be available in Greenville or Mt. Pleasant, even Jackson, but I need to be trained too. one of the "cities" that are closer to me. Right now, everything's in Detroit, Flint, etc. I just gotta have patience I guess :)

oops wrong location.

The farmers market in Jackson should have them tomorrow.

The Jackson county CC on Elm in Jackson should also have them.

Any locations to sign here in Grand Rapids? I have a few including myself who would like to sign. Thanks.

Keep checking the www.repealtoday.org site, new people are being added daily to the interactive map as we get their information. Areas will start to populate quickly, just give it a good week to be really full of markers. That is a option too…a petition pick up trip.

Ok so I was at my buddys today and he had a blank petition. So I told him I wanted to be the first to sign it. So I filled it out all nice neat and pretty so there would be no issue. After I signed it he says oh shyt I think it was suppose to be a blue ink pen. I signed it in black ink. Is that gonna be a problem? If anybody can answer this for me it would be great because I am going to collect some signatures tonight. And I dont want to mess anything up with the wrong color ink pen.

Thanks

Wozer

Archived