Petitions To Legalize Marijuana

Your ok Blue or Black Ink is acceptable in most cases this is from the Schuette recall group but it should transfer pretty clean

DO NOT make any copies of the petitions.· Petition circulators are not required to be registered to vote in the state of Michigan, but they must be 18 years old and eligible to register to vote.

· DO NOT sign a petition that you circulate. You cannot verify your own signature. You may sign the petition of a different circulator for your city/township and county.

· Only signatures of registered Michigan voters can be counted. Please be sure to ask people if they are registered to vote. (It is recommended that you carry blank voter registration forms with you to hand out to people. Ask any non-registered voter to fill out the form and mail it in, and stress the importance of voting in November. Even if they do not support the recall, tell them it is important for their voice to be heard too.) If a person is uncertain whether or not they are registered, encourage them to re-register.

· Each petition must be signed by residents of the city or township and county that appears in the header at the top of the petition. Please carry sufficient blank petition forms at all times to allow you to fill out a separate sheet for each city/township and county as needed (especially if you are at a large community event such as a festival).

· Please use blue or black ink only. All information on the petition must be written in ink – no erasures are permitted. No Red, Green, or other color ink should be used to sign petitions.

· If a person makes a significant mistake while entering their information, draw a single line through the entire entry and have them initial it at both ends, then start fresh on the next signature block. Have the voter correct smaller errors by drawing a single line through the error and initialing it, then entering the correct information beside the error. This error correction method will make verification easier on the clerks (please remember that most of their jobs are on the chopping block too, so even though they work for the state, they may be allies).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so I was at my buddys today and he had a blank petition. So I told him I wanted to be the first to sign it. So I filled it out all nice neat and pretty so there would be no issue. After I signed it he says oh shyt I think it was suppose to be a blue ink pen. I signed it in black ink. Is that gonna be a problem? If anybody can answer this for me it would be great because I am going to collect some signatures tonight. And I dont want to mess anything up with the wrong color ink pen.

Thanks

Wozer

Black or Blue it don't matter!

Any locations to sign here in Grand Rapids? I have a few including myself who would like to sign. Thanks.

The West-Michigan Re-Legalization group has a Facebook page and they were saying Purple East has the petitions, I haven't gotten there to verify it yet but I am out of them myself so I will try and get there tomorrow and then let you know.

The West-Michigan Re-Legalization group has a Facebook page and they were saying Purple East has the petitions, I haven't gotten there to verify it yet but I am out of them myself so I will try and get there tomorrow and then let you know.

Thanks, I saw that as well on the website and will visit purple east tonight and make sure to sign it. :thumbsu:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/would-you-vote-to-legalize-marijuana-20111229-ms

There's a group trying to gather signatures to get the legalization of marijuana on the ballot. FOX 2's Charlie Langton asked metro Detroiters whether they would vote in favor of legalizing marijuana.

One person said yes, but another commented, "Drugs are wrong. Just say no."

"They're still going to use it one way or the other," a woman told him, while another remarked, "What is America coming to?"

Click on the video player above to watch this week's "Let It Rip on the Road" segment to hear what others had to say. Plus, feel free to post your comments below.

(WXYZ) - If a ballot proposal to legalize the possession and use of marijuana comes before Michigan voters, it will most likely suffer a close defeat.

A group of citizens favoring such a proposal has been passing out petitions to get the issue before Michiganders this fall.

In an exclusive WXYZ/Detroit Free Press poll conducted by EPIC MRA, 50-percent of those surveyed would reject such a proposal. Of that number, 48-percent would vote solidly against it, 2-percent lean toward casting a no vote.

Out of the 600 people that participated in the survey, 45-percent would vote in favor of legalizing the drug. Forty-one percent would give the ballot proposal a strong yes vote while 4-percent lean toward voting in favor of it.

It’s an issue that won’t go away in Michigan or across the nation.

In 2008, a referendum in Michigan for medical marijuana use received 63-percent voter support. However, a statewide proposal fully legalizing marijuana would certainly face partisan political debate. Most Democrats and liberals support the legalization of marijuana but nearly three-quarters of Republicans are against any change the current law.

The survey was conducted January 21 – 25, 2012 and has a margin of error of plus/minus 4.0-percent.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/political/exclusive-poll-shows-proposal-legalizing-marijuana-would-face-a-close-vote

http://www.freep.com/article/20120127/NEWS01/120127060/legalize-marijuana-poll-Michigan

Michigan voters are markedly less enthusiastic about legalizing marijuana for general use than they were for medicinal use in 2008, according to a Free Press/WXYZ-TV poll.

The poll, conducted by EPIC-MRA of Lansing, found that 45% of likely voters support the idea of legalizing the possession and use of marijuana. Fifty percent were opposed, with five percent undecided.

Medical marijuana was approved by nearly 63% of the state’s voters in 2008.

Backers of legalizing pot have launched a campaign to collect signatures to place the issue before voters in November.

Somewhat surprisingly, the strongest support for legal pot was not among younger voters, but those on the tail end of the baby boom. Only 43% of poll respondents under the age of 40 supported legalization.The highest level of support was in the 50-55 age group, where legalization was backed 55%-42%.

Voters 65 or older were least likely to support legalization, 40%-56%.

Wayne County was the only area of the state where legal pot enjoys majority support, 55%-40%.

The question asked by EPIC-MRA was as follows: “If a group of citizens are able to collect enough valid signatures, a proposal may be placed on a future election ballot to change current law and make it legal to possess and use marijuana in Michigan. If this proposal appears on the ballot, would you vote ‘YES’ to approve of a new law, or would you vote ‘NO’ to oppose a law that would legalize marijuana?”

The poll of 600 likely voters has a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points and was conducted Jan. 21-25.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120127/NEWS01/120127060/legalize-marijuana-poll-Michigan

I think they had a poll back in 2008 57% favoring the medical marijuana proposal and 36% opposed. Ok they were 7 points off, so with the polls they have up today it would be 52 /48 the news paper man always sides with the state LOL

Kalamazoo just passed decrim, with 68% yes vote

I think they had a poll back in 2008 57% favoring the medical marijuana proposal and 36% opposed. Ok they were 7 points off, so with the polls they have up today it would be 52 /48 the news paper man always sides with the state LOL

Kalamazoo just passed decrim, with 68% yes vote

but i think the governor has to sign the law first and i don't think he will just IMHO people seam to miss that part

Nope this is a voter initiated constitutional amendment like the MMA was. The ruling class hate the fact that here in MI we can do that.

Nope :) Not like the MMMA. That was an initiative. This is a constitutional amendment.

The Legislature can make changes to the MMMA with a 75% majority.

To change the amendment requires another vote of the people.

We want to leave Lansing in the dust.

I live in Lenawee County, and I turned in my first page of signatures today! It wasn't easy for me, as I am quite the hermit, but

I GOTTER DONE!

Just think.... if every Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient signed one, we would have around 150,000. If 10% of those patients and caregivers collected 1 page of signatures, that is 225,000. That adds up to 375,000 signatures! Not too shabby!

Now, if we could just find a way to contact them........ :blink:

Don :))

I live in Lenawee County, and I turned in my first page of signatures today! It wasn't easy for me, as I am quite the hermit, but

I GOTTER DONE!

Just think.... if every Michigan Medical Marijuana Patient signed one, we would have around 150,000. If 10% of those patients and caregivers collected 1 page of signatures, that is 225,000. That adds up to 375,000 signatures! Not too shabby!

Now, if we could just find a way to contact them........ :blink:

Don :))

YAY!!! Congrats! :goodjob:

Archived