Amendments To The Mma

Fat Freddy

Recent proposed and passed amendments to the mmma need to be looked at a little closer.

After some dweling on the issue of the Marijuana bars clause in the amended version of the mmma I realized that this clause violates our constitutional rights to freedom of peaceful assembly.

Therefor this clause is invalid and must be removed from the mmma act.

Feel free to chime in.

these HAVE NOT been Voted on or PASSED! Yet.

there have been ZERO ammendments to the 08 MMM Act to date. BUT they (legislation) is looking to get into that Feburary. WE have to work hard and fast to be sure everyone we know calls their legislature to tell them to OPPOSE those changes or they will be opposed to their legislative chair come November>

So I just read through ole Bills Amendments, and its pretty scary. With that being said. How will these be put through. Will it be voted on, who will do the voting, when and where will it be done. But with that being said its scary and from the sound of it, you dont want to find out the hard way that this ish passed!

I just wanted some clarity on what, were, when, and HOW!

Edited by Cap'N Kush

If you can copy and past the changes he is attempting in their latest revision status I would appreciate it and I am sure others would too . It may be time to write a response to each individual proposed change and send it around to legislators explaining why these items should not be passed . Every day I am amazed at how cannabis helps me with my neurological pain mood and mental clarity after a brain injury , fibromylagia pain in areas that suffered tissue and muscle injury from whiplash and neck fusion . My pain treatment was totally incomplete until adding cannabis in adjunctive care with my former pain management program which includes vitamins and alternative treatments like visualization . TIA

Edited by Croppled1

you and EVERYONE YOU KNOW, needs to start Calling, Emailing and sending letters to your representatives, letting them know if they are not going to Respect, and Protect the Will of the People, then they WILL NOT HAVE A SEAT in Office come November.

they will hear US, when they hear from you and all you know.

going to merge this thread with the other.

you and EVERYONE YOU KNOW, needs to start Calling, Emailing and sending letters to your representatives, letting them know if they are not going to Respect, and Protect the Will of the People, then they WILL NOT HAVE A SEAT in Office come November.

they will hear US, when they hear from you and all you know.

going to merge this thread with the other.

DUDE I sisnged the Patian that was posted, I even signwd up to get sigs for the Marihuana Free For ALL ( The Amendment to end Prohibition )LOL But this ish scares me. Ill keep my card as long as I can but if these amendments pass that the AG wants I gotta GO! Im heading for the HILLZ! Jut trying to get a time line here on if and when Im gonna need to shut down.

Not trying to be a pessimist here, I TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT MI WILL BE THE FIRST TO FULLY LEGALIZE MARIJUANA! THERES NOT A DOUBT IN MIND!

But my concern is will the AG's amendments pass before NOV!

If you can copy and past the changes he is attempting in their latest revision status I would appreciate it and I am sure others would too . It may be time to write a response to each individual proposed change and send it around to legislators explaining why these items should not be passed . Every day I am amazed at how cannabis helps me with my neurological pain mood and mental clarity after a brain injury , fibromylagia pain in areas that suffered tissue and muscle injury from whiplash and neck fusion . My pain treatment was totally incomplete until adding cannabis in adjunctive care with my former pain management program which includes vitamins and alternative treatments like visualization . TIA

I found a link on here, or googled it. Its kinda hard to find but its out there. Its a scary read! Its bad! NO ONES GONNA HAVE MED CARD! You Dont really even want to read it! Its the ravings of a mad man!

DUDE I sisnged the Patian that was posted, I even signwd up to get sigs for the Marihuana Free For ALL ( The Amendment to end Prohibition )LOL But this ish scares me. Ill keep my card as long as I can but if these amendments pass that the AG wants I gotta GO! Im heading for the HILLZ! Jut trying to get a time line here on if and when Im gonna need to shut down.

Not trying to be a pessimist here, I TOTALLY BELIEVE THAT MI WILL BE THE FIRST TO FULLY LEGALIZE MARIJUANA! THERES NOT A DOUBT IN MIND!

But my concern is will the AG's amendments pass before NOV!

I hear Exactly what your saying and Az would do wonders for my arthritis too. BUT. Part of Bull ShuItte rhetoric is to preach it from the pulpit.

If you repeat it forcefully enough times, the sheeple will actaully start to beleive it. THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN>

the more his mouth opens, the more SHI*T that drops from it, and the more the SHeeple start to regain consciousness, and become People and go WTF is going on?

But the more sheeple that follow along with his Pulpit Banging, the more it legitimizes what he says we really want. Hogwash, I know what I Voted for, and so does every other yes voting Citizen in the Great State of Michigan. This is my home too, and I ll also stand up and fight for the Best Interest of the People. Difference between Bull SchuItte and I, I will actually have the Peoples best interest in mind in my fight.

I hear Exactly what your saying and Az would do wonders for my arthritis too. BUT. Part of Bull ShuItte rhetoric is to preach it from the pulpit.

If you repeat it forcefully enough times, the sheeple will actaully start to beleive it. THAT CAN NOT HAPPEN>

the more his mouth opens, the more SHI*T that drops from it, and the more the SHeeple start to regain consciousness, and become People and go WTF is going on?

But the more sheeple that follow along with his Pulpit Banging, the more it legitimizes what he says we really want. Hogwash, I know what I Voted for, and so does every other yes voting Citizen in the Great State of Michigan. This is my home too, and I ll also stand up and fight for the Best Interest of the People. Difference between Bull SchuItte and I, I will actually have the Peoples best interest in mind in my fight.

Ok Ill Post it, But beware its scary stuff http://www.michigancannabispatients.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3438, its on another forum. I found it will trying to search for it. I must say the unibomber manifesto was a better read and made moree logical sense and THAT GUY WAS FUGIN NUTZ!

Edited by Cap'N Kush

After a good deal of conversion and some deep thought I have come to realize that We need to unite.

Looking at the 2 camps for marijuana it hit me that we are divided. One camp wants all out legalization, the other is just seeking to protect our current medical marijuana law.

I realized that Bill SchuItte is no dummy, he has seen the same thing and most likely is going to exploit our divided positions.

I would be so bold as to suggest that we all get behind the medical marijuana movement for the following reasons.

1) We are still trying to defend our law from BS's attacks.

2) We really have not taken time to sit down and put forth guiding ideals to how we want things to be. Among our selves to present to our states leadership.

3) Out right legalization would be premature without laws on the books that provide guidance for our states leadership to fashion controls after.

4) If legalized big pharmaceutical companies and other companies with deep pockets will hijack the industry and no one but them wins. Trust me they are already at work forming bills to present to our states leadership and we all know they will find ways to lock us out of the cultivation loop in order to protect their investments.

5) If we want a sound legalization law, we must start now in forming a basis that addresses the concerns of our neighbors.

Everyone agrees in hind sight that our current medical marijuana law was flawed at it's adoption thus our current dilemma.

My friends if we do not unite we all stand to loose everything we have worked for!!!

Our state reps are interested and we have an opportunity to move forward if we can find common ground to work from.

The medical Marijuana approach is a sound one, it is giving us all the opportunity to help our states leaders in shaping the future.

Bill Schulte is doing what he can because we are not doing anything but sitting back and saying no we do not want that!

I urge everyone to sit down and form ideals that will protect our communities, our selves and our law. This is our first steps in a new era. We really need to get more involved in the shaping of the law by providing our leadership with well thought out suggestions that farther the cause and address the concerns of our communities.

Once we have a sound basis to work from for legalization then we can move forward with that, but first we really need to demonstrate that it can be made to work for everyone.

Believe me this is not easy to sit here and pour out my heart to you all.

Unite or watch our law become a basis for the continued Prohibition of cannabis.

After Reading the proposed Constitutional Amendment I have stepped up to the plate and will be providing the opportunity to sign the petition for those that wish to sigh it in my area.

Edited by Fat Freddy

I dont really think there was anything wrong with the initial LAW! Yea maybe it had flaws in the wording that would alow EVIL MEN to distort and twist it. The problim here isnt the MM LAW as it sits. The problem is there are people who dont like it. It doesn't matter how its worded or re worded, or any other compromise. If there was something wrong with it why is the AG trying to change it.

Edited by Cap'N Kush

I ll reply in bold and red. I can only agree with a SMALL part of your statment.

and yes we ARE on the same side.

After a good deal of conversion and some deep thought I have come to realize that We need to unite.

Looking at the 2 camps for marijuana it hit me that we are divided. One camp wants all out legalization, the other is just seeking to protect our current medical marijuana law.

not Divided, fighting on 2 different fronts. See, that is a misconception. You think its Division, but every war has more than one front, and you need more than one army to fight that front... We need to be sure the Line of Communications between the troops stays up. Lose that line of Communication between the troops on each front, yea it could be hairy.[/b]

I realized that Bill SchuItte is no dummy, he has seen the same thing and most likely is going to exploit our divided positions.

He will try, but fail.

I would be so bold as to suggest that we all get behind the medical marijuana movement for the following reasons.

been behind the Medical Movement since 07. still am, as well as im behind full legalization. THEY CAN CO EXIST!

1) We are still trying to defend our law from BS's attacks. not past tense. we are still DEFENDING OUR LAW from BS and the croonies in Mi Gov.

2) We really have not taken time to sit down and put forth guiding ideals to how we want things to be. Among our selves to present to our states leadership.

again misconception as the08 Act, that IS our Guiding Ideals.

3) Out right legalization would be premature without laws on the books that provide guidance for our states leadership to fashion controls after.

again this is mistaken. Do you want to be Controlled? or be Free? the more Laws you have in place, the LESS FREE YOU ARE! building a foundation of Laws, before passing another Law, is a guide to oppression and loss of liberty.

4) If legalized big pharmaceutical companies and other companies with deep pockets will hijack the industry and no one but them wins. Trust me they are already at work forming bills to present to our states leadership and we all know they will find ways to lock us out of the cultivation loop in order to protect their investments.

YOU MUST BUY< TO GIVE THESE PEOPLE POWER> NO BUY< NO POWER! Simple Econ 101

5) If we want a sound legalization law, we must start now in forming a basis that addresses the concerns of our neighbors.

our neighbors are behind us more than you realize.... our neighbors are NOT concerned about some cannabis smokers! Our neighbors want to be Free and have good health Too.

Everyone agrees in hind sight that our current medical marijuana law was flawed at it's adoption thus our current dilemma.

This is where we are 180* apart...THIS IS RIGHT FROM THE Bull SchuItte Play book of killing Liberty and Freedom. I see 2 or 3 very Very MINOR Issues with the Act. Read it Slow, Read it clearly, READ IT FOR WHAT IT SAYS, and not what BS wants you to THINK it says. THE LAW IS NOT A MUDPUDDLE. It is as clear as the finest led chrystal. One just needs to read it with a clear mind to see it.

My friends if we do not unite we all stand to loose everything we have worked for!!!

I agree. we do need to further unite, but not just for Cannabis, for PERSONAL FREEDOM, which includes cannabis.

Our state reps are interested and we have an opportunity to move forward if we can find common ground to work from.

OUR STATE REPS do not care about the MMM Act right now. they are giving in to Bully Schuette because they Don't care that much. We make them Start to Care by calling, writing and knocking on their doors, windows, and phones. The more YOUR REPS hear from you, the Less they will hear from Bull Schuitte

The medical Marijuana approach is a sound one, it is giving us all the opportunity to help our states leaders in shaping the future.

Bill Schulte is doing what he can because we are not doing anything but sitting back and saying no we do not want that!

Not Everyone. or perhaps a majority of the 150,000 carded citizens here in Mi, but a Large numbers of us are NOT setting on our laurels waiting for Uncle Sam to tell US how it should be. We DO need everyone to speak up and tell Uncle Sam how it WILL BE!

I urge everyone to sit down and form ideals that will protect our communities, our selves and our law. This is our first steps in a new era. We really need to get more involved in the shaping of the law by providing our leadership with well thought out suggestions that farther the cause and address the concerns of our communities.

Once we have a sound basis to work from for legalization then we can move forward with that, but first we really need to demonstrate that it can be made to work for everyone.

IF the State would FULLY Implement the 08 MMM ACT IN ITS ENTIREY, We WOULD have a working system, and Full out Legalization would NOT be a focus here in 2012. Full out legalization is being persued villigently DUE TO The States, and Bill Schuettes REFUSAL to Do what the People Demanded. i urge everyone to STAND UP AND SHOUT! SHout to your legislation, local and state, and federal. Shout to your local judges, civil groups. Stand up and Shout and Take the Power back. Time for debating the niceties is Over, and has been once our law was passed, and not implemented! Time for speach is over, it is Action Jackson Time.

Believe me this is not easy to sit here and pour out my heart to you all.

A buddys mom said, and she is correect.. "CHANGE IS HARD"

Unite or watch our law become a basis for the continued Prohibition of cannabis.

With that said I will not be voting for legalization.

we all have to make our choices, but i would suggest you think very long and consider every option. you have until Nov to make that choice.

i believe the more you ponder your current position, the more you ll be enlightened to the fact, you have infact been someone tarnished by Bull Schuettes very thoughts. He wants us to say, Cant we just smoke a bong and talk it out? he is not talking, he is ACTING> Time for talking was Prior to us Passing the Medical Cannabis Laws. No need to talk about Full out Legalization of cannabis. Cannabis should be as regulated as your lawn growing ability is. ie NOT AT ALL!

Recent proposed and passed amendments to the mmma need to be looked at a little closer.

After some dweling on the issue of the Marijuana bars clause in the amended version of the mmma I realized that this clause violates our constitutional rights to freedom of peaceful assembly.

Therefor this clause is invalid and must be removed from the mmma act.

Feel free to chime in.

i think that the State should stop every thing no more cards no more raids until they figurer this all out and tell us what we can and can not do

not the other way around lock them all up and we go from their witch is what is happening

I dont really think there was anything wrong with the initial LAW! Yea maybe it had flaws in the wording that would alow EVIL MEN to distort and twist it. The problim here isnt the MM LAW as it sits. The problem is there are people who dont like it. It doesn't matter how its worded or re worded, or any other compromise. If there was something wrong with it why is the AG trying to change it.

Not wishing to be the devils advocate, I try to figure out the motives behind the AG's actions.

The questions I ask myself is:

1) Is his actions based on a desire to protect the public?

2) Are they motivated by a personal agenda?

Reviewing the proposed changes to the current law I was alarmed to say the least. Hell some of it scared the bunny muffin out of me.

Moving beyond my fear I selected sections to object to, mind you it is not a complete list.

I will identify the sections and suggest corrections that will hopefully meet the needs of the people. ( screw the personal motives if that's where the proposals came from. )

Sec 3:H page 2 of 15

Should read:

That has not been convicted of a felony within eight years of application to become registered in the medical marijuana program.

Persons convicted of drug trafficking felonies involving the use of a fire arm during the commission of said felony shall not be granted A registry card. Subject to judicial review.

Persons convicted of drug trafficking prier to application to become registered in the medical marijuana program. Shall be denied care giver status for a term of 10 years from the date of discharge of the states supervision. Provided that said person has not been convicted of any other felonies after after discharge from state supervision. Subject to judicial review.

Sec 6:7 page 8 of 15

I see no need to supply information as to where I keep my medication. Invasion of my privacy

Sec 6:part 7b page 9 of 15

I will not give up my rights to self incrimination under the Constitution. I have the right to remain silent. etc etc.

Sec 6:d page 9 of 15

Rejection of an application or renewal is considered a final department action, subject to judicial review in Ingham county. Wasn't there something in the Deceleration of Independence regarding this very same approach?

Should allow for redress at the department level for missing information or typographical errors.

Sec 6: (7) b pg 10 of 15

Establishment of a data base in the control of the Michigan state police would open us up to federal prosecution!!! Privacy violations and self incrimination laws would be disregarded.

A data base in the control of the heath department with a registrant vitrifaction process that does not reveal personal information is a better fit.

Sec 6: F6 page 10 of 15

I object to the law enforcement data base. would create a turkey shoot for arrests. No protections for the providers or patients.

Sec 6 G page 10 of 15

Provider for a patient that has changed provider or has left the program should be notified of said action in writing that said event has occurred, and allowed 30 days from date of reception of notification to adjust his number of growing plants and the amount of usable medications in order to remain in compliance with state law.

Sec 6 H Fails to state what Department is responsible for administrative inspections.

Sec 7 i 3 page 11 of 15

This only serves as an attempt to sugar coat the obvious intrusions into our personal lives and the attempt to strip us of our constitutional rights ageist self incrimination.

Sec 9 page 15 of 15

This is a clear attempt to shield the department for purposely dragging it's feet in an effort to deny cards.

Question: What happens to the applicants fees if the department fails to issue a card if every stipulation has been met by the applicant?

Here is the link to the proposals:

http://www.michigancannabispatients.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3438

In my humble opinion efforts to legalize need to be focused at the federal level, because that is what our AG is trying to set us up with.

His hands are tied state wise so he is looking at the federal government to Prosecute marijuana users.

If the federal law is changed to allow medical use of marijuana we all win!

I ll reply in bold and red. I can only agree with a SMALL part of your statment.

and yes we ARE on the same side.

we all have to make our choices, but i would suggest you think very long and consider every option. you have until Nov to make that choice.

i believe the more you ponder your current position, the more you ll be enlightened to the fact, you have infact been someone tarnished by Bull Schuettes very thoughts. He wants us to say, Cant we just smoke a bong and talk it out? he is not talking, he is ACTING> Time for talking was Prior to us Passing the Medical Cannabis Laws. No need to talk about Full out Legalization of cannabis. Cannabis should be as regulated as your lawn growing ability is. ie NOT AT ALL!

Thank you for enlightening me regarding the current status of our movements.

The statements I have made are generated from fear of loosing all I have worked for over the years.

See it is like this being in my 50's starting over is not an appealing option for me.

I will do what ever I can within my limited resources to help in moving forward for freedom.

What is the breakdown of the Michigan legislative branch (I assume House/Senate) that would vote on this in terms of party lines and previous rulings if any?

Is there any current thought as to if the AG would have support to get this through or if the majority voting would be opposed?

I am unaware of the break down at this time. Try looking at the past bills that have been presented by the AG

Idk where you might find that information. Can someone with more knowledge provide some information regarding this?

The AG is the driving force per Rep. Cavenaugh.

The Senate has 3/4. We lose there.

The house thinks they have th e3/4.

It is up to us to discourage them.

I cannot believe the Legislators are so easily swayed to injure people as well as so uneducated on cannabis they would see these amendments as realistic and practical with the needs of the patients . They just do not see criminal penalties across the board for what it is abuse of legitimate patients who are benefiting and have a real need substantiated by science that more dangerous synthetics do not help with ( this is all recorded empirically ) . It is time to write law for the benefit of patients not because of what criminals do .

You can't expect a overnight turn around in people as sick as most are but If a person has a sense of well being and is making good faith efforts why hurt them and waste tens of thousands of dollars in State funds even with matching Federal tax funds on prosecutions created by policy ?

Many people on the program are trying to exercise again , taking walks on knees that swell from it where they had given up before . They are eating healthier using the appetite created to choose healthier foods they couldn't tolerate in the past . There realizing you have to take responsibility for your own health program not just follow the lead of a health professional . You have to help them help you . Most importantly their suffering less how can we deny the free choice the voters gave to patients and now tell the same people you have to go back to suffering suicidally maybe die sooner with no quality of life in the meantime and or be jailed for treating with a substance that isn't available as medicine anymore . But now you know how much it helps if you didn't' before !

We truly have been dehumanized as patients in the minds of our legislators and public for them to deny legitimate patients humane access . Make sure everyone signs a proper hard copy of the legalization petition . I still talk to people that think the online petition counts it doesn't . You must sign a proper form with your voter registration address . You must be registered to vote . . The number one complaint from officials is people whom threaten action if they don't agree with them . They turn off their minds as soon as they here that . It is much better to say I am looking for a official whom I can count on to support my needs as a cannabis patient in need of reform as this works so well I can't imagine going back to suffering like I had before . This really does work because of our sacrifice someday patients will be free to work on solving their injury and disease issues without fear of arrest , what amounts to torture and imprisonment .

Edited by Croppled1