Hanna Needs Help

pic book

Dried her out under a 1000 MH and also wiped moisture away as well as changed the battery but despite those measures she only reads PH not PPM. Can she be saved?

Theyre not supposed to be dried out. They have a few replacement parts that are available. Take it to a local grow shop and see what they think. Have you tried re-calibrating it? Those babies arent cheap!!! I have my manual in the basement, let me look into it real quick. Medcnman.

There are no troubleshooting tips in the manual but you can inquire about technical support by e-mailing questions to tech@hannainst.com. Good luck! I hope shes repairable!! Medcnman.

EC/TDS Calibration procedure: From the measurements mode, press and hold the power/mode button until CAL is displayed on the lower LCD. release the button and immerse the probe in the proper calibration solution, H17031 (for model H198129) or H17030 (for model H198130). Once the calibration has been automatically performed, the LCD will display OK for 1 second and the meter will return to normal measurement mode. Since there is a known relationship between EC and TDS readings, it is not necessary to calibrate the meter in TDS. The CAL symbol on the LCD means that the meter is calibrated. I hope this helps!! Medcnman.

Which Hana product are you using. Pen or a combo meter?

Don't really matter if its a plug in unit or not... they all will never be the same after taking a dip... They corrode the connections and always give u inaccurate results. when your crop fails and u wonder why remember i told u so..

This is why you should of bought a waterproof pen. :P Sorry I'm no help, try putting in a plastic bag and dump a bunch of rice and sea salt in with it. Let it sit for 24 hours, wipe it off, and try again.

Now your PH probe isn't supposed to dry out, but I have had pens that have dried out multiple times and they are still working, just require more frequent calibrations. I also have 3 more to compare the reading to. When in doubt, buy a new ph probe for the meter, cheaper than the whole unit.

Hanna ph meters suck i just got finished sending one back to ebay that lasted for 3 days then would no longer calibrate using buffer 7.01 and 4.01 i then went to ultra green here in redford and picked up a blue lab ph meter and its awesome . :thumbsu:

bluelab.jpg

Only problem with the blue lab is that you can't replace the probe easily. I have 2 hanna combos(one is 5 years old, the other is 6months), 1 hanna ph (1 year old), and 1 BL made truncheon (1 year old), and 1 new zealand made truncheon (12 years old) all work perfectly. Only reason I have so many is I like to have back ups and pens at each site.

I'll have to give the blue lab ph pen a whirl, we sell em at the shop I work at.

I run 2 hanna tri meters and not the crappy combo ones. I have the bigger ones and both have been fool proof for years. Still dead on and never need recal. I also have a mil too which is a nice unit but my hannas are my grows back bone. If your gonna buy a meter do not buy the cheapest one you can find. Get a real one as it's far, far cheaper in the long run....

Archived