A New Email From Mike Nofs

Guest zigg01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Zinke,

Thank you for your letter in regard to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA).

Being in law enforcement for over 30 years, I have unfortunately seen the effects of substance abuse far too often and I remain dedicated to protecting the great citizens of our state. I am also dedicated to protecting democracy in our state, but there is a need to fix the ambiguities and vague language contained in the recently passed MMMA so that our citizens who will truly benefit from such treatment have legitimate access to the care they desire and that we prevent those who seek to exploit the new act. The state legislature needs to patch holes that allow for abuse of the MMMA.

I appreciate your voice and personal input into this issue. I will keep your letter on file to assist me in deliberations if and when potential legislation comes before me on the Senate floor.

Again, thank you for your letter. If you have any further questions, suggestions, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Nofs

State Senator

District 19

This Senator should be the poster boy for the republican party. I bet after 30 years in law enforcement he believes the war on drugs is a success.Mike Nofs Lets see all of his income is coming from taxpayer dollars with his pensions and salaries, however he says lets ignore the peoples' vote and do what BS says is best. Just my .02

Regards and peace,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Zinke,

Thank you for your letter in regard to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act (MMMA).

Being in law enforcement for over 30 years, I have unfortunately seen the effects of substance abuse far too often and I remain dedicated to protecting the great citizens of our state. I am also dedicated to protecting democracy in our state, but there is a need to fix the ambiguities and vague language contained in the recently passed MMMA so that our citizens who will truly benefit from such treatment have legitimate access to the care they desire and that we prevent those who seek to exploit the new act. The state legislature needs to patch holes that allow for abuse of the MMMA.

I appreciate your voice and personal input into this issue. I will keep your letter on file to assist me in deliberations if and when potential legislation comes before me on the Senate floor.

Again, thank you for your letter. If you have any further questions, suggestions, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Mike Nofs

State Senator

District 19

Some day these idiots on both sides of the party line will figure out that laws only effect the law abiding. Laws create criminals, not control them. You can not curb criminal behavior with a law, thus you will not curb abuse with more laws. All they are doing is trying to make more patients into criminals and make it more impossible to stay with in the law. End effect will be placing more good people in jail and the legal system with real criminals.

If this guy was in law enforcement, then he knows that the drugs that are truly abused are not curbed by the ridiculous penalties. It takes 500 grams of coke to get 5 years but only 5 grams of crack to get the same mandatory 5 years. Even though the penalties are similar to what we see in red china, crack is epidemic. Drugs, rape, and domestic abuse are not curbed by penalties. Penalties in these cases are for justice alone, not for a deterrent. Any cop who says drug laws control drugs is ether brain washed, stupid, dishonest, or at least totally ignorant of any social research on the subject. My guess in this case it is dishonesty and support for the policing for profit model that drives so many of our drug policies.