Anyone Use The Iolite Portable Vape?

Anyone have any experience with the iolite vape or any real small ones? I have a couple questions before I decide to get one.

Like how hot do they get and how long before you can put them back in your pocket?

Do they smell or are they pretty much oderless like other vapes?

Does the butane put off any smell or taste?

Any response would be much appreciated.

My first vape was an iolite, and at the time I loved it. A little bigger than a deck of cards. After awhile I decided to upgrade to a tabletop model. The iolite was good, but...

• It takes awhile to warm up to good vaping temperature. 4-5 minutes in my experience.
  • I went through butane pretty quickly. Vape 2 or 3 bowls and I'd need to refill it
  • There were times when mine was a pain to get lit. Especially if the unit was cold (left in the car or out camping.)
  • I found I went through a number of the "stems" or inhalation tubes due to breakage, but I'm also kind of a brute.

The good though is that they fit well in your pocket. I never worried about putting mine back in the pocket as the outside of the unit never gets too hot to the touch. Smell was the same as any other vaporizer. As for the butane, it never comes in contact with the bowl or herb and imparts no taste.

My $.02. Hope it helps.

My first vape was an iolite, and at the time I loved it. A little bigger than a deck of cards. After awhile I decided to upgrade to a tabletop model. The iolite was good, but...

• It takes awhile to warm up to good vaping temperature. 4-5 minutes in my experience.
  • I went through butane pretty quickly. Vape 2 or 3 bowls and I'd need to refill it
  • There were times when mine was a pain to get lit. Especially if the unit was cold (left in the car or out camping.)
  • I found I went through a number of the "stems" or inhalation tubes due to breakage, but I'm also kind of a brute.

The good though is that they fit well in your pocket. I never worried about putting mine back in the pocket as the outside of the unit never gets too hot to the touch. Smell was the same as any other vaporizer. As for the butane, it never comes in contact with the bowl or herb and imparts no taste.

My $.02. Hope it helps.

I agree with the above, and will also add that the Iolite makes a "hissing" sound as the butane is being used.

This is fine when you're using the Iolite, but the "hissing" sound continues after you turn the Iolite off.

That could be an issue if you need to be suddenly stealthy, "Hey Joe, thought I'd just pop in. What's that strange hissing sound in your jacket?"

The hissing continues long after any smell would be gone.

If you're gonna spend the money on a vap, get the Exteme Q table top.

If being stealthy with your meds is a critical need, I'd recommend using tinctures.

You can preheat the herb to get ride of nearly all the smell, otherwise it is just like other vapes. They have changed the design a couple of times to stop the stem from breaking, but if you sit on it or abuse it in some way it will break. After being shut off it takes a minute or two for the gas to burn off as was said, then it could be put back in your pocket. You can shut it off before you are done to help speed the process. Mine is never hard to get lit, but I have heard others say theirs was, on post in forums. If the wire is a little out of place they can be hard to get lit, I do not think it is a very common defect and there is a video on youtube on how to fix this issue. One charge last from 1-2 hours. A small can of butane last pretty long. There are no odors or taste from combustion and it has a separate exhaust, like your furnace.

You start getting lite vap after around 45 seconds with very dry herb. Heavy vape after 3-5 minutes. It is a little hard to draw, so you have to make sure the screen is kept clean and the bowl is not too packed. I like the freedom and stealth of the small unit.

ebay has good prices on them, around 115-120 with free shipping

Thanx for all your responses. Very helpfull. I am thinking more like use it in a public bathroom stall " Hey steve what is that hissing sound? Uhhhhh I just had taco bell... You know. I personally use the no2 but need something stealth. I may look into this unit.

Any other thoughts?

Thanx for all your responses. Very helpfull. I am thinking more like use it in a public bathroom stall " Hey steve what is that hissing sound? Uhhhhh I just had taco bell... You know. I personally use the no2 but need something stealth. I may look into this unit.

Any other thoughts?

When I got my iolite, I was SO hoping that I could take it into the theater. No go, though, thanks to the hissing sound.

Have you looked at the Magic Flite Launch Box? I got one about a year and a half ago...super stealth, especially if you use it in "native mode" (without the stem) which I usually do. Works great and SUPER stealth...my only complaint is that I have a very high tolerance, and I don't feel like I can pack enough meds into it. If you're someone who smokes a few puffs here and there it's perfect...if you're someone who sits down to a 2 gram spliff, this probably won't cut it. Also, you can't use oils or concentrates in the Launch Box. I thought about getting rid of mine a while back, but I've started using it again and I'm glad I didn't! Just for kicks, when I got it, I vaped a bowl while shopping in Meijer and nobody was the wiser...that's how stealth you can be with this thing!

Long time vaporizer user here...I have an Iolite among my collection of various vaporizers, haven't used it in ages. IMHO it gets too hot for my tastes, causing the medicine to get that 'burnt popcorn' taste. It is a great stealth device, but there are better ones out there, for not much more money. I would suggest that you check out the Vapir II, not much larger than the Ioliite, it has a rechargeable battery, good for about 2 hours of continuous use. It is basically a one person device, having a relatively small receptacle (about the same size as the Iolite). It has a digital, adjustable heat control. I find the vapors from this device to be quite comparable to my Volcano. Peace ... j.b.

Long time vaporizer user here...I have an Iolite among my collection of various vaporizers, haven't used it in ages. IMHO it gets too hot for my tastes, causing the medicine to get that 'burnt popcorn' taste. It is a great stealth device, but there are better ones out there, for not much more money. I would suggest that you check out the Vapir II, not much larger than the Ioliite, it has a rechargeable battery, good for about 2 hours of continuous use. It is basically a one person device, having a relatively small receptacle (about the same size as the Iolite). It has a digital, adjustable heat control. I find the vapors from this device to be quite comparable to my Volcano. Peace ... j.b.

Are you talking about the no2 by vapir? That is the one that I have but it is too big to carry around with me. I only wish I could take this thing everywhere with me but just too big. I will have to look into these other things.

Keep the ideas and comments coming. This is all very helpful.

I have 3 vapes currently, and have just sold off 2 in the past few months--I've currently got a launch box, an Arizer Solo, and a Silver surfer. sold off an no2, and a Zephyr Ion. (I know my vaporizers!). Hands down, the best portable I've owned is my Solo. the launch box is more stealth, but the solo is really nice. Similar to the NO2, but a much better battery, it's smaller, and I like how you pack a bowl much better.(the meds pack into the stem). In my opinion, the Solo is the ticket, it's super easy to use, and you get a real strong vapor, with not alot of smell. If you're going to be at the Roseville Farmers Market, shoot me a PM, and I'll bring the launch box and the solo, so you can check them out. The launch box's largest weakness, is that each battery is only good for about a bowl IMO, but it is really stealthy.

You can preheat the herb to get ride of nearly all the smell, otherwise it is just like other vapes. They have changed the design a couple of times to stop the stem from breaking, but if you sit on it or abuse it in some way it will break. After being shut off it takes a minute or two for the gas to burn off as was said, then it could be put back in your pocket. You can shut it off before you are done to help speed the process. Mine is never hard to get lit, but I have heard others say theirs was, on post in forums. If the wire is a little out of place they can be hard to get lit, I do not think it is a very common defect and there is a video on youtube on how to fix this issue. One charge last from 1-2 hours. A small can of butane last pretty long. There are no odors or taste from combustion and it has a separate exhaust, like your furnace.

You start getting lite vap after around 45 seconds with very dry herb. Heavy vape after 3-5 minutes. It is a little hard to draw, so you have to make sure the screen is kept clean and the bowl is not too packed. I like the freedom and stealth of the small unit.

ebay has good prices on them, around 115-120 with free shipping

Iolite in the orange is under $100 at amazon with a ton of reviews to obtain good information on other items . Amazon often is received better in terms of warrantee claims being resolved . Ebay often is not accepted be cautious . Thanks for the info.

Any other thoughts?

If you get a lg cup from 7-11 or any fast food place the no2 fits perfect into it ... Just place the tube through the lid and vape anywhere you want......

I have 3 vapes currently, and have just sold off 2 in the past few months--I've currently got a launch box, an Arizer Solo, and a Silver surfer. sold off an no2, and a Zephyr Ion. (I know my vaporizers!). Hands down, the best portable I've owned is my Solo. the launch box is more stealth, but the solo is really nice. Similar to the NO2, but a much better battery, it's smaller, and I like how you pack a bowl much better.(the meds pack into the stem). In my opinion, the Solo is the ticket, it's super easy to use, and you get a real strong vapor, with not alot of smell. If you're going to be at the Roseville Farmers Market, shoot me a PM, and I'll bring the launch box and the solo, so you can check them out. The launch box's largest weakness, is that each battery is only good for about a bowl IMO, but it is really stealthy.

+1 on the Arizer Solo. Got mine for about $150 via Amazon (yeah, I know, an unauthorized distributor). Great temp control, battery lasts a long time. Glass tube makes it less portable, but it should last a long time if you take care of it (some folks will even torch the glass to smoke the accumulated oil.)

Not crazy about the Launch Box but it is - of course - the most stealthy vape out there. Downsides on the Launch Box: no real way to control the temp, can char the bud if you're not careful (not possible with Solo even on the highest setting), and for some reason I'm less real fond of the Launch Box buzz. The Launch Box has lots of fans, but I'll prolly sell mine.

z

Archived