Deadlines To Vote In The Presidential Primary Nears

Croppled1

From the State Of MIchigan SOS site . You must be registrared to sign the legalization petition ( before signing ) .Check with your local voting precinct to obtain absentee ballots if you will be away or are impaired from standing in line to vote .

JAN. 19, 2012ballot_box_artwork_thumb_194312_7.jpg

Secretary Johnson encourages participation in upcoming election

Secretary of State Ruth Johnson reminds residents that they have until Monday, Jan. 30 to register in order to vote in the Feb. 28 presidential primary election.

"This year will present Michigan residents with important choices at the voting booth, whether they're voting for president or local offices," said Johnson, Michigan's chief election officer. "I encourage everyone who is not yet registered to do so in order to participate in one of the foundations of our democracy, and that is casting a ballot."

The polls will be open on Election Day from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

To register, applicants must be at least 18 years old by Election Day and be U.S. citizens. Applicants must also be residents of Michigan and of the city or township in which they wish to register.

Voters may register by mail, at their county, city or township clerk's office or by visiting any Secretary of State office. The mail-in form is available at www.Michigan.gov/elections. First-time voters who register by mail must vote in person in their first election, unless they hand-deliver the application to their local clerk, are 60 years old or older, are disabled or are eligible to vote under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.

To check their registration status, residents may visit the Michigan Voter Information Center at www.Michigan.gov/vote.

Residents can also find information there on absentee voting,

Michigan's voter identification requirement, how to use voting equipment and how to contact their local clerk. In addition, they will find a map to their local polling place.

Voters who qualify may choose to cast an absentee ballot. As a registered voter, you may obtain an absentee ballot if you are:

• age 60 or older.
  • physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
  • expecting to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls will be open on Election Day.
  • in jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
  • unable to attend the polls due to religious reasons.
  • appointed to work as an election inspector in a precinct outside of your precinct of residence.

Those who wish to receive their absentee ballot by mail must submit their application by 2 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 25. Absentee ballots can be obtained in person anytime through 4 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 27. Voters who request an absentee ballot in person on Monday, Feb. 27 must fill out the ballot in the clerk's office. Emergency absentee ballots are available under certain conditions through 4 p.m. on Election Day.

The February election, like all elections, is open to all registered voters. Michigan does not require voters to register as a member or supporter of a political party, so voters can choose to participate in either the Democratic or Republican party primary. By state law, this is called a 'closed primary.' When voters request an absentee ballot or arrive at the polls and fill out their application to vote, they must indicate in which party's primary they wish to vote. They will then receive a ballot listing candidates for that party. That ballot will also contain any special election issues. Some communities will have additional items on the ballot aside from the presidential primary election. Sample ballots will be available online at www.Michigan.gov/vote. Note: The Aug. 7 primary will be an open primary, and voters will not be required to formally indicate their choice for a specific political party ballot.

Voters who wish only to vote in the special election may request a ballot that does not include presidential candidates.

As a reminder, voters will be asked to provide identification when at the polls on Election Day. They will be asked to present valid photo ID, such as a Michigan driver's license or identification card. Anyone who does not have an acceptable form of photo ID or failed to bring it with them to the polls can still vote. They will be required to sign a brief affidavit stating that they're not in possession of photo ID. Their ballots will be included with all others and counted on Election Day.

Voters who don't have a Michigan driver's license or identification card can show the following forms of photo ID, as long as they are current:

• Driver's license or personal identification card issued by another state.

• Federal or state government-issued photo identification.

• U.S. passport.

• Military identification card with photo.

• Student identification with photo from a high school or an accredited institution of higher education, such as a college or university.

• Tribal identification card with photo.

Additional election information can be found at

www.Michigan.gov/elections.

For more information about voting and the Secretary of State's Office, visit www.Michigan.gov/SOS. Sign up for the official Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/MichSOS and Facebook updates at www.facebook.com/MichiganSOS.

###

For media questions, please call Gisgie Dávila Gendreau at 517-373-2520.

http://www.michigan....69564--,00.html

ABSTENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION LINK :

http://www.michigan....21037--,00.html

SOME COMMON MISTAKES OCCURRING ON ABSTENTEE BALLOTS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ESPECIALLY FOR DEMOCRATS CROSSING TO VOTE FOR RON PAUL PLEASE NOTE

LANSING, Mich. — Some Michigan voters are improperly returning absentee-ballot applications for the state's Feb. 28 presidential primary without indicating whether they want a Republican or Democratic ballot, according to city and township clerks.

There have been some complaints from people who view the requirement as intrusive, the Detroit Free Press reported (http://on.freep.com/xke1cq ) Friday. It's a closed primary, meaning people going to the polls must declare a party affiliation.

"I had one gentleman call and say he wasn't going to vote" because of the party affiliation requirement, said Debbie Miller, clerk in the Oakland County community of Rose Township. "That's a shame."

Bob Roether, 67, of Ann Arbor said the presidential primary requirement is "a little intrusive." He said he's a Democrat supporting Obama but sees little reason to vote in the presidential primary next month.

"Anytime you have to jump through hoops to vote, that's just an effort to try to get people not to show up and vote."

Bill Murray, 66, of Troy, said that he has no problem being publicly identified as a Republican when he votes in the presidential primary.

"I've already been identified as someone who Democrats don't even bother with because they know they're not going to convince me," Murray said.

There's a Jan. 30 deadline to register to vote in the primary. Applicants must be 18 by the day of the election and be U.S. citizens and residents of the municipality where they register.

The determination about how the presidential primary would be conducted was made by the Republican-controlled Legislature last year.

Republicans are using the primary to choose their presidential favorite. But Michigan Democrats plan to nominate their candidate at a May 5 caucus, so votes for President Barack Obama in the primary won't count.

Democrats have accused Republicans of trying to create confusion by putting Obama's name on the Feb. 28 ballot.

___

Online:

http://www.michigan.gov/elections

___

Information from: Detroit Free Press, http://www.freep.com

We do not want some one that supports the death penalty for drug offenders being our next president, the primaries are very important this year.

Everyone remember that the republican primaries are open to all voters. I know some hear would rather cut off their right hand then vote for a republican, but this is just the primary and there is not a need to vote in the democratic primary for this election.

Ron Paul is the only republican choice for medical marijuana.

Honestly, I don't even know if I'm registered to vote. I've been so unfocused on politics and media since I was 18 that I never took a stand. I am going to get this done today or tomorrow if it already hasn't been..

Here is the link to see if your are registered and to find out where to vote.

https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/

Every vote counts.

Ron Paul quotes;

If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be....

New Batch Of Ron Paul Newsletters Just As Racist As The First

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/new-batch-of-ron-paul-newsletters-just-as-racist-as-the-first.php?ref=fpb

“We don’t think a child of 13 should be held as responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult, and should be treated as such.”

Gays and especially AIDS victims were frequent targets, with a boatload of junk science cited to back up its hateful claims. Newsletters claimed the federal government was lying about how AIDS was transmitted and suggested it could be passed on through sneezes, breathing, or even contact with mail or delivery packages. An advertised book purported to tell the “the true and horrifying story of the witch-lesbo-feminists who are running America.”

Yeah....he'd make a great President.....

Ron Paul quotes;

If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be....

http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/01/new-batch-of-ron-paul-newsletters-just-as-racist-as-the-first.php?ref=fpb

“We don’t think a child of 13 should be held as responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult, and should be treated as such.”

Gays and especially AIDS victims were frequent targets, with a boatload of junk science cited to back up its hateful claims. Newsletters claimed the federal government was lying about how AIDS was transmitted and suggested it could be passed on through sneezes, breathing, or even contact with mail or delivery packages. An advertised book purported to tell the “the true and horrifying story of the witch-lesbo-feminists who are running America.”

The fact that Ron Paul is attacked mercilessly by both the extreme right as well as the extreme left tell me he is on to something. :)

Busted

In a video recently posted on YouTube titled, ‘Busted, Ron Paul racist rant’, Ron Paul is shown during past debates speaking about the inequality of our nation’s criminal justice system. Supporting the argument of the inner-city, black community activists who insist that the system is racist and rigged against them, Rep. Paul states:

“If we had equal justice under the law, I think it would be a big improvement. If we had a repeal of most of the Federal laws on drugs and the unfairness on how blacks are treated with these drug laws, it would be a tremendous improvement.”

Giving statistics to back up his claims, Rep. Paul adds, “Blacks make up 14 percent of those who use drugs. Yet, 36 percent of those arrested are black. And it ends up that 63 percent of those who finally end up in prison are black. This has to change.” The video goes on to show Ron Paul saying, “For Federal purposes, I no longer believe in the death penalty. I believe it has been issued unjustly. If you’re rich, you get away with it. If you’re poor and you’re from the inner city, you’re more likely to be prosecuted and convicted. And today, with the DNA evidence, there’ve been too many mistakes.”

That’s their evidence that Ron Paul is a racist - videos showing the Congressman defending poor, unjustly persecuted black people.

Taking a stand on behalf of Ron Paul over the racism question, The DailyCaller.com published an article by Wesley Messamore. The article states, ‘Ron Paul is not a racist and doesn’t have a racist bone in his body’. It goes on to ask the question, ‘Why should we trust Ron Paul’s unequivocal denial of having written or known anything about these racist rantings?’ The article answers its own question stating, ‘First, there’s his uncanny record of integrity. Even his harshest critics begrudgingly acknowledge that the Texas congressman (and faithful husband of over 50 years) is one of the most honest, principled, and consistent men in politics today’.

The article goes on to give a number of examples of why Ron Paul isn’t a racist, including countless testimonials from blacks, Jews, Hispanics and others who’ve worked closely with him for decades. But the unfortunate truth is, as much as the national mainstream media knows Ron Paul is no racist, their ‘guilt by association’ tactic may just do some damage to the candidate’s run for the White House. It wouldn’t be the first time the media smear-machine has taken down a popular candidate not of their choosing. Fortunately, Ron Paul’s not the average politician. Compared to the rest of his opponents for the Presidency in 2012, Ron Paul is almost saint-like. He’s a rare and treasured commodity in American politics these days - he’s honest, uncorruptable and certainly no racist.

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q42011/is-ron-paul-a-racist476/

So David do you support Mitt,?? and Bill Shuette look at that vid i posted, The best smear tactic is to call someone a racist, are you sure those are Ron Paul quotes they are not, and they are Not,

Gingrich has a history of making bigoted and offensive statements

For 150 years the LDS church discriminated and generally dissed black folks. Now 30 years later the church's new "hated" group are homosexuals/gays. The problem is the same why must religion in general always have to have people to hate?

BTW, I don't believe for a second that Mitt gave a rats donkey when priesthood ban was lifted.

They say Obama went to a racist church also,

looks like all of them are Racist we can use the smear on them all LOL

Look into the war on drugs, it is Racist

Ron Paul quotes;

This is what makes Ron Paul soooooo different than other politicians. People have to pull stuff out of context, used hyper biased slant articles, and casual references to race as the only dirt they can find on him. He has NO huge skeletons, so this is all people can come up with. Dr. Paul is not a racist. He knows what is right and wrong and is willing to stick his neck out for what is right.

So David do you support Mitt,?? and Bill Shuette look at that vid i posted, The best smear tactic is to call someone a racist, are you sure those are Ron Paul quotes they are not, and they are Not,

Gingrich has a history of making bigoted and offensive statements

For 150 years the LDS church discriminated and generally dissed black folks. Now 30 years later the church's new "hated" group are homosexuals/gays. The problem is the same why must religion in general always have to have people to hate?

BTW, I don't believe for a second that Mitt gave a rats donkey when priesthood ban was lifted.

They say Obama went to a racist church also,

looks like all of them are Racist we can use the smear on them all LOL

Look into the war on drugs, it is Racist

The quotes are Pauls from his news letters and the debates, I don't support any republican or Paul. None of them have the country's best interest at heart and if you support someone just because they say they'll legalize drugs thats a pretty weak argument to put them in control of the country.

The quotes are Pauls from his news letters and the debates, I don't support any republican or Paul. None of them have the country's best interest at heart and if you support someone just because they say they'll legalize drugs thats a pretty weak argument to put them in control of the country.

and if you hate some one of "Racist Comments" that's a pretty weak arguement wtf does RACE have to do with out Country in shambles Not a dam thing... the "race Card" don't exist anymore in the US if that's the cards MITT Romeny is a Racist against white ,Black,Asian,hispanic's etctect with cannabis cards....aswell as BillSHITT, Personally I could careless if out Pres was a KKK member or a NAZI or w/e aslong as he fixes this country that's what is important, I have MANY black friends aswell as others races that im great friends with hell I have more minority friends then white friends and they ALL support ron paul

I support Paul because of his foreign policy,the end to the fed,stop wasting my money on BS pork projects.and individual freedom :sword:

Yes i support Paul because he supports letting nonviolent blacks out of prison for drug crimes, and he supports what i believe to call him a racist just makes you look bad,

the drug war just puts many blacks in Prison, so if you support that go for it David,

Just because a Guy has a D or a R next to his name doesn't make any good reason to support them,

what I find disturbing is anyone that supports a dem or a repub because they cant get past the R or the D the red or the blue even if all that person has said or done(NEwt scandals money from F&F)(Obama for saying one thing and doing another he's not transparent at all same old guard at the WH),RP has been consistent,it's about the msg he promotes. what about big govt do you like? the patriot act?the TSA pat downs,the increased raids on MMJ patients?.Im ashamed to say I blew him off until 6 months ago,he wants us to stop policing the world,secure our borders before we worry about afghan borders,he wants our kids to be home not off fighting these wars. The lesser of two evils is still evil,(Newt/Romney/Obama) when I cast my vote for Paul even if i have to write him in at least I will be able to sleep at night.peace out

He says those quotes were written by one of several writers, that he didn't read it at the time and they do not reflect his views.

There are a number of major reasons I support Ron Paul that have nothing to do with hemp and marijuana legalization.

Archived