Need Recipes For Simpson Oil In Glycerin

Chloroform ( trichloromethane ) is an excellent solvent; it leaves no residue and does not extract the water solubles. Does anyone know where to obtain it? I haven't had access to any in years. I use distilled Everclear ( yes, I distill the Everclear. Easier than starting from scratch! ) in my extractor for potables, and 98% isopropyl for lotions, linaments, etc. I would guess the distilled proof to be around 180 ( 90% alcohol ) but that 10% still lets too much chlorophyll and other water solubles through. I am curious about Naptha. I never tried acetone, or tuolene. And I am definitely trying the pentane, thanks PB!

Naptha is what Rick Simpson uses..

So beyond exposure do you see any reason to refrain from chloroform? My units are completely sealed; I never need to expose myself or others to the solvent in any way. The only thing left is the extract after the evap unit is opened.

LOL bad memories .. same reason I avoid LSD these days ..

Gave up smoking formaldehyde years ago. Don't recommend that either.

Like I said, my personal preferences.

Edited by peanutbutter

We get pentane from Sigma

http://www.sigmaaldr...ng=en&region=US

I have read that you can distill pentane from either naptha (which is pentane and hexane) or coleman fuel (pentane, pet ether, rust inhibitors).

I've never tried it an do not recommend anyone doing it. :) Just saying I've read it. It may merit some further research.

Edited by Northern Lab

Well considering the fact that Michigan allows for legal distillation for personal use I am setting up a still. I know that with the proper equipment percentages of 99% are achievable, and the cost for the set up would be well worth it in tinctures. Luckily I know a local who has been making rum and brandy for years who volunteered to help me set it up.

But, anyone wanting to make a basic oil/tincture extract can do it cheaply, safely and easily with an old method. You need an old MANUAL coffee machine ( with an ON/BREW - OFF/NO BREW switch, simple 2-way ), paper filters, a 20'+ extension cord ( 50' is ideal ), and 3-5 bottles of isopropyl alcohol ( 95% or higher ). Oh, and a safe place to do the extraction. You simply chop the marihuana up ( it doesn't need to be powder, not even close. Barely rollable is fine. ) and put it in the paper filtered basket as you would coffee; the alcohol goes in the water receptacle instead of water. You do this in a safe, well ventilated area with fire extinguishers, dressed appropriately and at least one person present. Alcohol is going to evaporate off; the amount will be dependent on the machine. This means that you will have to add alcohol during the extraction and monitor the entire process until the end; with a Mr Coffee this takes about 30-45 minutes. I know of individuals using old Bunn style coffee machines with success. No one has been hurt using this method either; always stay safe and KISS. It has been found that the slower the machine is, the better ( within reason ). And make 100% certain that you use that extension cord to plug and unplug the machine from a safe distance WHENEVER you have to approach the machine, and give it 5-10 minutes to cool down, or however many it needs!

For legality, I must insist that any and all information I have supplied heretofore is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and was brought to you this morning by Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Sativa, the choice of marihuana afficionados the world over. Ask for it by name.

Side effects may include but are not limited to; euphoria, a sense of well-being, bursts of energy and imagination, a feeling of peace and tranquility, and good will towards your fellow travellers on this ship called Earth. If symptoms persist, continue dosage and enjoy it.

Edited by Scooter

For legality, I must insist that any and all information I have supplied heretofore is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and was brought to you this morning by Cannabis Sativa. Cannabis Sativa, the choice of marihuana afficionados the world over. Ask for it by name.

Side effects may include but are not limited to; euphoria, a sense of well-being, bursts of energy and imagination, a feeling of peace and tranquility, and good will towards your fellow travellers on this ship called Earth. If symptoms persist, continue dosage and enjoy it.

LOL

Please note that Rick Simpson doesn't want his name related to such methods of preparation.

Well, Rick Simpson himself admitted that he rediscovered the cure, and extraction itself has been around forever; I can make dyes, paints, incense, perfumes, and a lot more with the various methods. I knew a first generation Russian family who had a hundred uses for marihuana. They were raised making rope, clothes, nets, everything they needed for their farm and fishing before they came here. And they readily said they made a wine from the buds as well, and it was highly prized. Wish I knew the recipe; I know that plums were the alcohol base and marihuana was put in right before they aged it, but they prepared the marihuana in a specific way. That's all I know. I'm going to make some brandy tinctures; cold and flu season is coming fast.